December 9th, 2010

Obama and smoking: It’s a hard habit to break

WASHINGTON (CNN) – President Obama may be under extreme pressure to get a tax cut deal, START treaty and other key items on his agenda, but according to a top aide, all that heat hasn't forced the President to smoke.

"I've not seen or witnessed evidence of any smoking in probably nine months," said White House Spokesman Robert Gibbs.
FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Peter s

Mr. president smoke if it can cool your brains! cry if it calm your heart and laugh as if there is no tomorrow after all tomorrow is just but another day!

December 9, 2010 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  2. Dominican mama 4 Obama

You hang in there sir, it's a test of will and determination.
    You've plenty of both.
    I'm a 'recovering' smoker also.

December 9, 2010 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  3. Marie MD

Good luck Mr. President. You are having a very hard time thanks for the rethugs and the stress has got to be immense. Keep up the good job by not smoking.
    We need to make sure that the orange man continues to drink and smoke though.

December 9, 2010 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  4. Me

Obama has handled his presidency with far more grace and dignity than I ever could.
    If I were president...
    I'd be cussing out people
    Showin up on doorsteps, uninvited giving my opponents what for and why not.
    If I were president I would have run over the GOP on day 1 circle around and repeat!
    There would never be a moment where you would think I was compromising or caving in to gOTp interest.
    I would utterly destroy my politcal adversaries
    AND YOU WILL KNOW!!
    I AM THE LORD!!!
    WHEN I LAY MY VENGENCE UPON THEE!!!

December 9, 2010 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  5. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Me

If I were president...
    I'd be cussing out people
    Showin up on doorsteps, uninvited giving my opponents what for and why not.
    -------------------------------------------------–
    Please stop saying out loud what my head is thinking!! LMAO
    Oh my God THAT was spooky!!
    ...AND SOOO TRUE!

December 9, 2010 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  6. T'sah from Virginia

He should smoke a JOINT and laugh at everyone around him!!! Then get the "MUNCHIES" and gain a few pounds because if I was his mom I would say to him, "son, are you getting enough to eat??? Looks like they're starving you!!"..............................JOKING!!!

@ME – Thank you!!

December 9, 2010 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  7. Dominican mama 4 Obama

@T'sah from Virginia:
    Babe it looks like a lot of folks are reading my mind today!!
    Poor man needs to unwind but quick!
    Michelle, our President needs you, the other stuff is still illegal!

December 9, 2010 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  8. kat

This is insane, our country is going to Hel_ in a hand basket and people are worried about him smoking? Get a grip or maybe even a job.

December 9, 2010 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  9. Mr. CH Black

@ nov. of this year we finally got somewhere for our 4 kids to call home, the stress from being homless for over year i calmed by smoking more than normal, made me think of when i was a teenager smoking, i have got to find a way to stop, b4 it kills me. Hope we both and others can quit but it is so addictive and hard.

December 9, 2010 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |