Trump 'really thinking' about prez bid
December 9th, 2010

Trump 'really thinking' about prez bid

(CNN) – Let’s get one thing straight: Donald Trump doesn’t want to run for president. Honestly, he doesn’t. Not interested.

But because the country is in such dire straits, he says, the business tycoon and perennial publicity hound just might have no choice. The country needs him.

“For the first time really would think about it. And I am thinking about it. It doesn’t mean I want to do it. I’d prefer not doing it. I’m having a lot of fun doing what I’m doing. It’s a great time to be buying things. I’m buying a lot of things and really having a good time,” Trump told Joy Behar Wednesday on HLN, CNN’s sister network.

“But I hate - you know, I’m very proud of this country. I’m very proud to be an American. And frankly, I hate what I’m seeing. I hate that friends of mine from Europe, from Asia, from all over the world - they’re telling me stories about this country,” the reality television host lamented.

Trump said President Obama particularly embarrassed America when he traveled to Copenhagen a year ago in a failed last-minute bid to secure the 2016 summer Olympics for Chicago.

“Our President flies over to see if he can get the bid. Now, he then comes back. We don’t end up not only in first place. We don’t end up in second place or third place. We were in fourth place,” said Trump.
 “Now, for the president of this great country to fly over there, he has to be given a wink. Like, come over, we’d love to have you. And you’re going to get it. I mean, do you know how bad we looked?”

Ultimately, it all comes down to respect for Trump:

“That shouldn’t be happening to this country. People are not respecting us. They are not respecting this country. And I hate to see it.”

Trump said earlier this year he will decide on a presidential run by June.

Filed under: 2012 • Donald Trump
  1. A Vance

Like it or not, Trump should be the one Obama fears most.

December 9, 2010 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  2. ?

oh please this idiot's only got one thing on his mind...$$$! what he should worry about is that ugly mug and ugly hairpiece! i'm sick of these republicans thinking they're running for office to "help the american people"...only people they're interested in is the RICH!..PERIOD!

December 9, 2010 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  3. ?

AND BY THE WAY...the world isn't respecting us because of REPUBLICANS! NOT our President! you idiots make us look like garbage to the rest of the world! don't get it twisted mop head

December 9, 2010 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  4. Former Republican

Oh, please!! Does anyone remember when Trump had to take bankruptcy? I don't think the United States ever needs his help. He is just another Republican wanting to make sure the rich are given all the perks. This conceited bag of wind needs to devote more time on his ridiculous comb-over hairdo.

December 9, 2010 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  5. NYC REPUB

This guy will do anything for publicity.......I respect him as a business man.......But as President? That's laughable.

December 9, 2010 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  6. Jack E

That's laughable. Not in a million years

December 9, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  7. Matt

Do it Donald We need u sooooo bad!

December 9, 2010 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  8. jim

I'd not vote for trump. he certainly has shown he does NOT stand for the ordinary man. why is he always frowning?

December 9, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  9. Balance

We need Trump like we need a hole in the head. This is simply another publicity stunt by Trump.

December 9, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  10. Emile Zola

Well, he knows that dreaming doesn't cost you a cent, so he can dream this life, because in the other I don't see a rosy future for this ego on steroids. If Ross Perot, for whom I voted, didn't make it, what can make him believe that he could win and as the media reports, he doesn't have the moolah like, let's say a Bloomberg, to throw away. Actually, he should better fix his rug. The media showed in a video that his rug was coming unhinged.

December 9, 2010 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  11. Joe

Hey, Donald. That's not called patriotism, it's called HUBRIS. You could look it up.

December 9, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  12. ZekeInTX

Wow, his words sound even dumber than Sarah Palin's.

December 9, 2010 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  13. Contempt for Corpublicans

Perfect timing! After 8 years of Bush feeding the military industrial complex, fighting sanctimonious police actions in the quagmire of the middle east. We have a Democrat (more or Less) in office for two years to try and fix the unfix-able and take the blame. We then bring in Mr. Bankruptcy to chapter 13 the US so the GOP can continue to give tax breaks to the billionaires who profited on the the whole thing in the first place... Well played.

December 9, 2010 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  14. S. Brown

We've become the Rodney Dangerfield country. The USA can't get no respect.

December 9, 2010 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  15. Enrique

Donald Trump should stick to skyscrapers and reality shows. Aside from his enormous ego, Donald has nothing to offfer the American people.

December 9, 2010 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  16. Marvin

Will Donald Trump for go the pay of the office of President if he would run? Since he is one of the weathiest person in the world. I could not see our tax payer money going to support someone of his status.

December 9, 2010 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  17. Former Republican - Now Independent

Yeah, and Christine O'Donnel could be his running mate. Make Mike Huckabee Sec State and that'd be THE ticket, to ensure another four years of Obama.

December 9, 2010 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  18. Wesley

Your Fired Trump.. :) I hope someone runs but this guy is even more nuts than Palin.

December 9, 2010 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  19. Sam

This is tough. As someone who likes Trump and believes him to be a straightforward, honest, all-American icon of hard work, determination, and prosperity, I almost don't want to see him run, in the event he fails and blemishes an otherwise pristine private sector life, especially since his fortune and fame has only increased over the past decade. He's at the top of his game now, back like it's 1986, after a slight dip in the 1990s. Trump is golden as a businessman, leader, and legend.

Part of me would also love for Donald Trump to become president, the ultimate slap in the face and rejection of Obama's left-wing, anti-free market, embarrassing lawyerly-socialist agenda. Imagine the clear, concise team Trump would organize and delegate tasks to. Imagine the confidence he would inspire in the business world. Imagine the restored image of America as one nation under capitalism, the best country for business in the universe, where opportunities are ripe and plenty. Trump may just be the man to do it.

December 9, 2010 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  20. tony

I saw some of the early shows and I thought Trump represented what is wrong with America today. All super-salesman for re-selling what someone else designs and manufactures. Unfortunately the some-one else is usually China and India. What America needs is super engineers and super manufacturers of our own. And that only happens if we super-educate our kids. That's not something a the latest generation of American CEO's is trained for. Just being more profitable in each short-term quarter is the way we all go down the dumbed down consumer drain

December 9, 2010 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  21. MikeSK

Now we can get one of the Kardashians to run as well as Snooki from Jersey Shore....America really is going to hell.

December 9, 2010 10:56 am at 10:56 am |