Trump 'really thinking' about prez bid
December 9th, 2010

Trump 'really thinking' about prez bid

(CNN) – Let’s get one thing straight: Donald Trump doesn’t want to run for president. Honestly, he doesn’t. Not interested.

But because the country is in such dire straits, he says, the business tycoon and perennial publicity hound just might have no choice. The country needs him.

“For the first time really would think about it. And I am thinking about it. It doesn’t mean I want to do it. I’d prefer not doing it. I’m having a lot of fun doing what I’m doing. It’s a great time to be buying things. I’m buying a lot of things and really having a good time,” Trump told Joy Behar Wednesday on HLN, CNN’s sister network.

“But I hate - you know, I’m very proud of this country. I’m very proud to be an American. And frankly, I hate what I’m seeing. I hate that friends of mine from Europe, from Asia, from all over the world - they’re telling me stories about this country,” the reality television host lamented.

Trump said President Obama particularly embarrassed America when he traveled to Copenhagen a year ago in a failed last-minute bid to secure the 2016 summer Olympics for Chicago.

“Our President flies over to see if he can get the bid. Now, he then comes back. We don’t end up not only in first place. We don’t end up in second place or third place. We were in fourth place,” said Trump.
 “Now, for the president of this great country to fly over there, he has to be given a wink. Like, come over, we’d love to have you. And you’re going to get it. I mean, do you know how bad we looked?”

Ultimately, it all comes down to respect for Trump:

“That shouldn’t be happening to this country. People are not respecting us. They are not respecting this country. And I hate to see it.”

Trump said earlier this year he will decide on a presidential run by June.

Filed under: 2012 • Donald Trump
  1. Grundoon

How this country is being hijacked by people like him I think is much more embarassing than the failed Olympic bid. Nouveaux riches like him are what's really embarassing our country. Protecting the wealthy at the expense of everyone else, that's embarassing. So, he's buying all kinds of things right now? Having a great time, are you? Profiting from the misery of the middle class, clearly. That's what is most embarassing. The GOP is selling out the middle class and so many of them refuse to believe it's happening and support them. Un-be-freakin'-lievable!!! Go ahead, run Donald. I hope you pick Bailin' Palin as your runnign mate. You're both an ebarassment to this country!!

December 9, 2010 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  2. Jay

Shut up you attention seeking, arrogant, imbecile.

Where was your hatred of the stories your friends tell you when Bush led us down the toilet?

December 9, 2010 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  3. bailoutsos

Wow. Now how many are "thinking about it" to run against Obama in 2012?

December 9, 2010 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  4. Kevin O'Neill

And people around the world will "respect" America more if a reality-TV host, billionaire blowhard is president? This guy is on Mars.

December 9, 2010 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  5. Born Again Christians Against the GOP

Ok Trump did well FOR HIMSELF, but America does not need another rich white Republican in office. That's why we owe China our Grandchildren's birth right and there are no jobs here since the GOP cares more about having a sperm orgy at the bank of Fort Knox of Wall Street USA at the expense of American taxpayers, whom they crap on every single day.

Let us pray.

Dear God, wipe out the entire GOP in a single event as they take a field trip to on a bus that You cause to dive off a steep embankment and explode.

In Jesus name, AMEN!

December 9, 2010 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  6. JustMe

Oh good grief ... the LAST THING this country needs is Donald Trump. He sure does think highly of himself, doesn't he?? Well I have got news for him ... the rest of the country doesn't.

December 9, 2010 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  7. Adalbert

This is just what we need. A rich egomaniac. America used to be the land of opportunity for everyone. Unfortunately, it is no longer true. Today, this land provides opportunities for mostly those who have a lot money. Our governments and our life’s are manipulated by the rich for the benefit of the rich. The ruling class is corrupt. The system is driven by money and perpetuated by the ignorant masses.

December 9, 2010 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  8. GTjackets25

Trump is a complete idiot. First of all, he is more out of touch with average Americans than any other dimwitted Republican they are thinking about running for office in the first place. Second, The world didn't start NOT respecting America when Obama took office January of 2009 – I think it's more than safe to say that Bush destroyed our international image and lost respect not only from our enemies who had a lack thereof anyway, but also our allies! If there's something good Bush did to strengthen our international relations I would love to know what those were.

December 9, 2010 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  9. kyle

Another nut case who stood quietly when Bush destroyed the Country, he's gonna get to keep his tax cuts, what's he unhappy about.

December 9, 2010 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  10. RT

Donald Trump is just hungry for attention.

December 9, 2010 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  11. Janie

Palin and now Trump – are you kidd'n me? Why doesn't Snookie throw her hat in to round it out. Yeah, this country would be a joke for sure.

December 9, 2010 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  12. kds562

Trump is another wealthy idiot – Obama has done more in two years than any Repub has done in ten. He pulled us out of recession, is fighting two repub wars and is trying to get out of them, stopped ins companies from denying coverage, corporate profits are up, bonuses are larger (Trump happy), world opinion of US much better (besides his Copenhagen trip) what a stupid comment, killing more terrorists, getting more cooperation from Pakistan, pushing for Education and energy policy- Republicans only want to help the wealthy and stop border crossers.

December 9, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  13. George

What a clown. No one wants him to run for president, except himself. I don't know who he thinks he's kidding.

December 9, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  14. Harv

I hope he runs! The Republican debates with The Donald, Sarah, Newt, Haley, Rick Perry, et al, will be the greatest entertainment since the Gong Show!

December 9, 2010 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  15. Expat American

GOP Hopefuls 2012: Trump, O’Donnell, Bachman, and of course the Christ Nazi Queen Palin.
    These are the people we need to “Restore the Honor of the United States”….or to give the rest of the world another reason to laugh long and hard at America once again…

The world still hates Republicans in 2010.

December 9, 2010 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  16. laura

please don't. I will request a refund on expenses paid to earn my citizenship if he becomes president.

December 9, 2010 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  17. Frank S

President Trump. Now THAT is a scary concept. I'd go for Palin before I went for Trump, and there is no way in hell I would ever vote for Palin. Trump, dude, YOU'RE Pre-FIRED!!

December 9, 2010 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  18. Notarichboy

Wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, but whoever runs against Obama will get my vote!

December 9, 2010 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  19. Mojon Bush & Mojoneta Palin

People are really fullllll of themselves to think that they could be president.

December 9, 2010 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  20. Ricky L

That's the kind of self-centered stuffed shirt that's getting a Christmas bonus from President Obama. Trump should learn how to say, "Thank you."

December 9, 2010 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  21. Don

This really underlines just how weak the Republican field for 2012 is.

December 9, 2010 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  22. Shari from Madison

Heaven help us if Trump does run and win! Trump is a millionaire who would treat any person who isn't rich as a servant/slave who exists only to make sure he has all his comforts. He just doesn't like Obama because he needs someone to blame everything on and who better than a man whose ideas are seen as socialist by the Rich snobbish class Trump belongs to.

December 9, 2010 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  23. KEVIN

America you have lost your Greatness, why because you let every screw ball come out of the wood works and run for political office, America is a Joke now, When President Obama was elected we thought that you have finally grown up and maturted, but we see the way you treat your first black president proves to us just how immature your country is and the rest of the world don't want anything to do with you, we will just use you as a store and sell everything to you becasue you don't make anything anymore so you have to buy from us anyway. Second we will own you since you borrow money from every country even Iran your supposely emenry. So now what will you do, you lost your Greatness and now we are watching as your politican turn you into a third world country. We the World is laughing at your all the way to the Bank.

December 9, 2010 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  24. Ancient Texan

Uh. Donald, while I appreciate your willingness to throw yourself on your sword for the country, I don't think I would vote for you or Bloomberg who also desires to save us. You both have too much to offer in other ways. (insert wink)

December 9, 2010 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  25. Watersville

Donald needs to lose the haircut if wants to avoid further damage to America's image around the world. Andrew Jackson's or James Buchanan's looked better.

December 9, 2010 09:57 am at 9:57 am |