No RNC bid for Coleman
December 15th, 2010

No RNC bid for Coleman

Washington (CNN) - Former Minnesota Sen. Norm Coleman confirmed Wednesday that he will not challenge Michael Steele for the Republican National Committee chairmanship.

"I've been pretty consistent on this, it's very simple," Coleman told MinnPost.com. "I've said if Steele was running, I wouldn't run against him. He strongly supported me in the past; I made that commitment to him a number of months ago – if he's in I'm not in."

Though interested in the job, Coleman has long said he would not run against Steele if the chairman decided to seek a second term.

While Steele remained quiet his intentions for the last few weeks, Coleman was calling RNC members to gauge support for a possible run. But Steele announced Monday that he is running to keep his job, effectively sidelining Coleman.

Filed under: Michael Steele • Norm Coleman • RNC
  1. Sniffit

Wow...now we know where Boehnhead gets all that extra orange melanin: he sucks it out of Norm Coleman. Seriously. He looks positively cadaverous in that picture.

December 15, 2010 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  2. Joe Blow

I see Norm still has those horse teeth!

December 15, 2010 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  3. NVa Native

Put Thune, Rommney, and Coleman in a room and you'd have a MaxHeadrrom convention complete with neo-con double speak gibberish.

December 15, 2010 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  4. Squigman

Regardless of the leader, the GOP (Global Oil Party), will always be the voice of the wealthy. And, the really amazing ingredient in the equation is the inability of the people with little wealth to spare, to embrace the GOP as party of choice when electing leaders to government. The masses vote for their oppressors as if they were brothers in arms with comparable agendas. Nothing could be further from reality.

December 15, 2010 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  5. GI Joe

The guy made those teeth himself – any pro woud have been fired for poor workmanship.

December 15, 2010 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  6. LovesIrony

oh run norm, and do drag it on and on and on please.

December 15, 2010 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |