New Palin DVD to be released
December 30th, 2010

New Palin DVD to be released

(CNN) - Sarah Palin's hit reality show has come to an end, but the TLC network has announced the former Alaska governor's adventurous excursions will live on forever in a special DVD release.

At a cost of $19.98, fans of the nature-themed program featuring Palin will receive a two-disc set that includes all seven episodes of the popular show – constituting 387 minutes of Palin and her family amidst the Alaska backdrop.

Unfortunately for political junkies however, it appears the new DVDs will not include outtakes or other never-aired moments with the former vice presidential nominee.

The box set will be released April 5, a timing that just may coincide with a presidential campaign announcement from Palin should she decide to throw her hat in the ring.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. clerance bodiger

I watched a episode where she "hunted a elk", now after taking 4 or 5 shots at the thing she finally killed it. Then insted of taking the animal back to camp and dressing it. They gut it like the empire strikes back and leave guts and bones for some else to clean up.

December 30, 2010 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  2. pjfla

Stop giving this imbecile and coverage. She is dumber than a brick. I could have more intelligent and thoughtful conversations with my cats than I could with her.

December 30, 2010 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  3. Tim

Wow, You people really have swallowed CNN's propaganda hook, line and sinker. Palin is more like the majority of this country. Get out in the real world instead of sitting in front of your computer and stop determining your opinions from carefully orchestrated talking heads. I really think CNN has a secret crush on Palin. They mock her, but just can't go a day without stalking her.....

December 30, 2010 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  4. Readbetweenthelines

Palin is example "A" in why our schools are failing us. She is showing millions of Americas that it is OK to be a moron, because you can still make millions. so so sad. She is bad for this country because she presents to the rest fo the world that all americans are stupid!

December 30, 2010 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  5. tj

Just how much money are u wackos making u all are dumber than a pig pen

December 30, 2010 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  6. Jerrold

Would viewing this video constitute a violation of torture laws in this country?

December 30, 2010 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  7. Alina77

To tell you the truth If I would be Palin, I would do everything exactly the way she did, she puled the scam so successfully that in one year she earned millions with out any responsibility to what her lies and anger had done to this country. Wouldn't you do the same specially when you don't feel responsible for anything you say?

December 30, 2010 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  8. Denise

"..hit reality show..." As if.

December 30, 2010 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  9. jc

Why McCain? Why? What have we done to YOU!! Do we really deserve this?

December 30, 2010 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  10. DIANA

Why is this in the Political ticker. Haven't you gotten the memo – she quit as Alaska's governor and she LOST the election. If you think this is news -which it isn't, it should be in the entertainment section.

Even if it was given to me, I wouldn't buy it. I heard the Costco in Alaska is returning palets of her books because they can't sell them and out of a 1,000 tickets that went for sale for a book signing only about 500 were sold.

December 30, 2010 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  11. Jean

Coming thru the 70's and 80's, I fought for women's rights and am proud to see my granddaughters benefitting from our efforts.However, Sarah Palin is an embarrassment to her gender

December 30, 2010 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  12. LovesIrony

Is "Bedtime for Bonzo" on DVD? Please CNN tell me when it is available. Also, I would like to know the cost of the complete Beverly Hillbillies series. Thanks, Now isn't this better than news?

December 30, 2010 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  13. Gidget

If we would quit reading and posting on all the articles published on this pathetic person all the news outlets would let this die down. I am guilty as everyone else. I reads the press just to see what stupid encounter this imbecile has came up with and get my daily chuckle.

December 30, 2010 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  14. JIm

Palin is the ODonnell of Alaska.

December 30, 2010 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  15. Stevejtrice

In one episode she says that she made up a new word – "refudiate". And then she talked about how people make up new words all the time. Well..... she did NOT make up a new word..... she simply misspelled an old word.

Funny (meaning odd) lines like this are what I liked about the show. (And the nice pictures of the mountains)

December 30, 2010 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  16. sane citizen

This money-grubber would sell the lint from her dryer if she thought she could make a buck on it. Sarah Palin typifies everything that is WRONG with this country.

December 30, 2010 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  17. Pat in IL

People don't like being made fools of. Her former supporters are starting to figure out that she has made fools of them, and they are wisening up and leaving her camp. Those of us who had her number from the beginning and never did support her are just plain sick of even hearing her name. I like CNN, for the most part, but agree that it is ridiculous to continuously put her name in front of us every day with all sorts of "no news" articles. Enough, already!

December 30, 2010 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  18. Stop the Insanity

I agree..! CNN you have promoted SP wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. I guess all the dimwits and con artist's should scream vicitm of the media to become RICH!! I would love to see a real interview with her answering questions of real substance that her staff prepares for her and post as her orginal throught... Now that will be the best comic relief we have had in a long TIME.

Stop Promoting this media hungry family.....! Sick and Tired....

Signed A TRUE CONSERVATIVE – Julianna..

December 30, 2010 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  19. Darla (Edmonton, Canada)

Everyone needs to save their money and just go to Alaska (via Canada) and see it for themselves. Trust what you see yourself and not what Sarah Palin, the media or dubious entertainment networks (like CNN) tell you.

December 30, 2010 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  20. TM

How can it be a "hit" if there were only SEVEN episodes?
    By EVERY definition of a TV season known, 7 episodes constitutes LESS THAN HALF of a full season.
    Oh, wait, NOW it makes sense!

December 30, 2010 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  21. What is the country coming to

Time out for Palin.............no more in 2011

December 30, 2010 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  22. Panelist

The FBI will soon be using these to make hostage-takers surrender.

December 30, 2010 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  23. sane citizen

"Sounds to me like she is shrewd business woman. If she had been a man she would be applauded"

Oh for cyring out loud will you people give up using the "gender card" with your excuses for this woman??!!! I am a woman. I am a feminist. I support women and women getting ahead in the business world all the time. The problem that the majority of the populace of this country have with this PARTICULAR person is that she is a LIAR, she is a MEDIA-WHORE, she is DEVISIVE, she is WILLFULLY IGNORANT, she is a NARCISIST, she is GREEDY . . . I could go on and on but I think I've made my point. It has nothing to do with her being female. If anything, she gets a pass from the media on way too many things because she is female. The woman is one small step away from being a SOCIOPATH!

December 30, 2010 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  24. shannon

I like her and really am tired of the "I hate Sarah" bandwagon.

December 30, 2010 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  25. Gerry K.

I (a male) enjoy doing "out doorsey stuff" and I don't find it at all difficult to believe that an adventuresome, ambitious, assertive woman could also.

Whenever one disagrees with Mrs. Clinton, Mrs. Pelosi, etc., the consistent liberal/feminist refrain is that the critic simply can't tolerate a "strong woman". So along comes an "out doorsey" and very successful state governor and the left goes nuts - when it should cheer. Must a woman be a leftist to be considered strong, successful, and "out doorsey" capable?

From the comments, it also appears that many libs resent a financially successful woman, at least when she's not a leftist. Funny, I don't recall lib/feminists insisting that to be worthy, a woman must be a pauper.

Given such incoherence and inconsistency, it's little wonder that conservatives continue to hold a two to one edge in public opinion polls. PLEASE CONTINUE!!!

Sincerely,