Obama to travel to Tucson Wednesday in wake of weekend rampage
January 10th, 2011

Obama to travel to Tucson Wednesday in wake of weekend rampage

(CNN)–President Barack Obama will travel to Arizona on Wednesday in the wake of the weekend shooting there that left six people dead and 14 wounded, including a member of Congress, two senior administration officials told CNN Monday.

The president will likely attend a memorial service and visit with victims' families in Tucson, the sources said. He has already spoken to many of the family members by phone.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Arizona • President Obama
  1. Airborne

God bless you Obama!!!

January 10, 2011 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  2. Willie Olsen

Its time to provide a level of protection for our 535 members of Congress. They are truly working on the front lines of our nation. Keep them safe while they work to keep us safe.

January 10, 2011 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  3. T'sah from Virginia

Thank you President Obama!! I am supporting you as you continue to MOVE AMERICA FORWARD in a POSITIVE direction!!!

January 10, 2011 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  4. Spike5

I think it's important that we all show the proper respect to a Congresswoman and a Federal Judge (one who was appointed by Bush 1) as well as all the other victims of this senseless rampage. A President of the United States has many roles. He's leader of our nation, he's the leader of his political party, and he's the public face of the country in times of sorrow.

I'm glad President Obama is representing all of us in this way.

January 10, 2011 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  5. Lisababy

I love you Mr. President i know you are the right man for the job. you had my vote then and in the future. God bless you and your beautiful family. my prayers for all victims and families.

January 10, 2011 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  6. Kind_Person

Mr. Obama is doing the right thing. Good for him, I support his efforts to make this country a better place for all of us.

January 10, 2011 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  7. Bonnie

That's good to hear. I wonder if he will visit Giffords in the hospital...

January 10, 2011 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  8. M Best

Under heavy heavy security I hope. Be careful Mr President.

January 10, 2011 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  9. jessica

This is where I find Obama to be passionate! This guy is really down to earth. My prayers are with the families of all the victims! Obama, God bless you Mr. President!! I pray for your continued wisdom and good will. God Bless America!!!

January 10, 2011 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  10. Durhasan

It's the right thing to do.

January 10, 2011 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  11. frank barlow

my heart goes out to all the victims in the tuscan shooting,! its teribble the kind of individiduals we live aroud that do the unthinkable!!but we are greater than this person we are americans we are proud! and we will get through this!! and god bless

January 10, 2011 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  12. Tiffany Baker

My heart and prayers pour out to all the victims involved in this horrible event. May God comfort families, friends, and loved ones in such a need of time. God bless and I will pray for the victims still trying to pull through. May God be with everyone and keep others safe.

January 10, 2011 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  13. NameDon Fraley

This kind of tragic news breaks the heart of America,I send my condolences to all of America.God Bless the President of The United States and America!

January 10, 2011 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  14. AGB

Dear President:
    I am glad that you are going Tucson to give moral support to famlies and country. Take Mrs. Obama also with you. That will give more support for families.
    Honesty is the best policy.
    AGB

January 10, 2011 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  15. Name Carlos Menendez

That is exactly the right thing for the president to do.

January 10, 2011 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  16. Name lv

Sending my prayers to the familes. Including the gunman

January 10, 2011 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  17. Jen

I think its great that President Obama is showing the family that he cares about them and what happen to there loved one that killed or wounded.

January 10, 2011 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  18. liz

Be careful MR. Prez.

January 10, 2011 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  19. Kewl

We have a great president,,,,my god be with those who have passed..and the suspect fam.

January 10, 2011 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  20. eugen

i may not know some of the victums that were killed in the attack. the victum's family have my deepest sympothy. And to those that are still fighting for there life here is a V for VICTORY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND GET WELL VERY SOON

January 10, 2011 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  21. Andra Stone

Appropiate thing to do!

January 10, 2011 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  22. RAY

I am greatly, greatly saddened by the loss of human life. I respect president Obama's decision to "be there" representative of the American people for the families of those who are suffering great loss. May God bless those hurting people.

January 10, 2011 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  23. RAY

We are still the greatest nation on the face of the Earth.

January 10, 2011 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  24. Nadeem

Thank you Mr. President. Isaw the interview with the little girls parents today, they were very touched by your call and words. Let's come together as a nation. Unity.

January 10, 2011 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  25. Pete

Very nice of him to do this. President Reagan was always good about these sorts of visits as well.

January 11, 2011 12:41 am at 12:41 am |