Bachmann to give her own State of the Union rebuttal
January 21st, 2011

Bachmann to give her own State of the Union rebuttal

(CNN) – Move over Paul Ryan. Michele Bachman is giving her own rebuttal to President Obama's State of the Union Address next Tuesday.

While Ryan, the Republican congressman and budget guru, was officially tapped by his party to respond to the president's annual address, Bachmann has a few words of her own she'd like to express.

The Minnesota Republican, who has said she is considering a presidential bid, will broadcast her response to Tea Party activists on the Tea Party Express' website after the president's address. According to the organization, one of the most well known chapters of the grassroots organizations, the conservative firebrand will "take on Barack Obama."

It remains unclear if Bachmann will wait for Ryan's response to wrap up or go head to head with him.

A spokesman for Bachmann did not respond to CNN's request for comment.

Filed under: Michele Bachmann
  1. palinist

grizzly mom bachmann lives in palin's shadow..... and its a dark place......

January 21, 2011 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  2. George Guadiane - Austerlitz, NY

The Bachmann Minority Report will probably end up getting more press than the Republican Response..
    Apparently, the Tea Party doesn't have any sense of propriety or relevance.
    I see the disparate elements of what was once a great political entity pulling the whole party down.
    The Tea Party has not yet been vetted, nor has it given adequate respect to our political system and how it is INTENDED to work.

I admit that the whole system is fatally flawed, but they are NOT the people to bring it down and build the "New America" we, as a society need.

January 21, 2011 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  3. Curious

Just a question: Who are these people who continue electing this woman? Is the whole district crazy tea baggers? She is a lunatic fascist, are they all like this in that place? I seriously want to see her electorate. This must be insane asylum of a district.

January 21, 2011 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  4. Amunaka

There was a time in America that this woman would not have had the platform to spew her nonsense the media would of called her out ...this woman has been appointed to the intelligence committee ...she could be the next president ...we truly live in a Bizarro World

January 21, 2011 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  5. Jane (Minnesota)

I'll be sure NOT to listen to it. I'm so thankful I do not live in the Minnesota district she represents!!!

January 21, 2011 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  6. Mimie

This woman is crazy ! Why are there so many crazy women in the GOP? GOP=Crazy
    The day I Join the GOP, is the day that I will know that I have lost it.

January 21, 2011 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  7. rusty155

I think everybody that was back by the TEA PARTY were unqualified too run let a long win. Most Tea party are racist and like too spread hate. Their view are so far out there It all some make them sound like there crazy. They are too far to the right.

January 21, 2011 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  8. LacrosseMom(real one)

Bachman is certifiable.

January 21, 2011 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  9. Former Republican, now an Independent

They should let every modern day republican give their speech, since they all have insatiable egos and a childish desire to see themselves on television.

January 21, 2011 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  10. Brian, NJ

Crazy is as crazy does.

January 21, 2011 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  11. Pete

What a self-important jerk. Me, me, me, me, me, me —all the time with these idiots.

January 21, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  12. Anonymous

PLEASE, SOMEBODY PLEASE make her move out of Minnesota. We want somebody that actually checks facts and doesn't tell half-truths or out-and-out lies to be one of our representatives. She is beginning to look as superficial and media hungry as Sarah Palin.

January 21, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  13. jokerster

Oh gee, now we have Sarah Jr. on board.....this woman barely won her own district the last election, even the newspaper in her area didn't back her...What makes her think she has the great words of wisdom???? God help us!!!!!

January 21, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  14. Rick

This woman is a whack-job lunatic...Not to mention bat guano crazy!

January 21, 2011 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  15. Claudia, Houston, Tx

This will be no more than a "hate speech rebuttal" because nothing but lies and hate spill from this womans mouth. Bachmann and Palin could learn a lot from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who undoubtedly is the most intelligent woman in politics and capable of taking on the big boys because these 2 nuts don't have a clue.

January 21, 2011 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  16. Marie MD

Perfect picture – up yours too silly bimbo number two.
    Did anyone watch this woman after the 2010. She was so botoxed she couldn't move any part of her face.
    She is a ridiculous caricature of everything that is wrong with the rethug party.

January 21, 2011 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  17. Marie MD

Sorry, forgot to say that I never watch or care one iota about what the party of NO has to say. It's either lies or no solutions.

January 21, 2011 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  18. NC

I love a good comedy and a good joke, that's what Bachman is.

January 21, 2011 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |