Obama: 'They're rubbing it in!'
January 26th, 2011

Obama: 'They're rubbing it in!'

(CNN) – As things go for fans of the Chicago Bears these days, President Obama would probably have enjoyed a different arrival ceremony than the one he received in Green Bay, Wisconsin on Wednesday.

As Air Force Once touched down in the chilly home of the team that ousted his beloved Bears from the NFL playoffs last weekend, Obama was presented with a Packers jersey that bore his name. "They're rubbing it in," Obama said to reporters on the tarmac as he accepted the jersey from Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, and James Schmitt, the mayor of Green Bay.

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Protect and Defend Freedom of Speech in the USA

He SHOULD have gotten a shirt with his name on it and a great big ZERO on the back.

January 26, 2011 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  2. kyle from ohio

Good sportmenship by the Governor and the President; Regular guys and American Football

January 26, 2011 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  3. T'sah from Virginia

I was rooting for the Bears too just to see President Obama at the Super Bowl!! I was also rooting for the JETS so I can pretend I was @ the Super Bowl too!! Both of my teams FAILED but I will stick with the EAST COAST and go with the STEELERS – even though they beat the JETS!!!

Let them "rub it in" all they want – at least you got a Jersey out of the deal!!

January 26, 2011 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  4. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Sorry the Bears lost Mr. President......but I won two quarters in the office pool!!

January 26, 2011 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  5. XWngLady

Sorry Bears...oh, well. I guess I'll go ahead and root for the packers.

January 26, 2011 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  6. Sean Hoade

I love my President; I'm also glad he's a good sport about the obvious superiority of the Pack over da Bears lol.

January 26, 2011 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  7. Jean

Mr.President it good to see you smiling so wide. Enjoy it while you can, you are in for a wild ride with new rightwing congress and the teaparty crazines in the house. They are not bright enougn to understand your logic top move the
    country foward. They are still stuck in the 1700 era. They do not understand that in order for the counrtry to move
    forward and enjoy power andfortune the Infrasture has to beaddress, the schools have to be upgraded and Heatlhcare
    must, must be improve. There is no other way. They are complaining about debt for their chilldren but what
    about the failing economy, the rotting infrasture and the raising costof Health and the failing Health of the people. They do
    not have enough knowledge and intelligence to see the big picture. Sad,Sad,Sad.

January 26, 2011 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  8. ramtruck2500

... And just look at the idiot in the center. Where are the JOBS Scott???

January 26, 2011 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |