Angle won't rule out presidential run
January 27th, 2011

Angle won't rule out presidential run

(CNN) - Sharron Angle, the Tea Party-backed underdog who in last year's midterm election came close to defeating Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, may be setting her sights on another high profile political job.

Speaking at a premiere for a conservative Christian movie in Iowa Wednesday night, the Nevada Republican would not rule out a run for president, saying only, "I have lots of options for the future, and I'm investigating all my options," according to the Des Moines Register.

Angle was speaking to Iowa caucus-goers and grassroots workers who gathered for a sneak preview of "The Genesis Code," a film that "reconciles the Biblical account of Genesis with the scientific account of the origins of the universe," according to a press release.

But while the Tea Party favorite's presidential ambitions are far from certain, Angle has already signaled that she plans to play a pivotal role in the 2012 elections.

Angle announced plans last month for a political action committee (PAC) aimed at helping Tea Party candidates in 2012 races. Her "Patriot Caucus" will open offices in crucial presidential battleground states, including Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida and Nevada.

Filed under: 2012 • Sharron Angle
  1. donkey party

Very funny Sharon, good one!

January 27, 2011 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  2. Ancient Texan

She would have won the Harry Reid race except for busloads of hispanic casino union members that may or may not be legal voting in the election. She may not have a good chance of being the GOP nominee, but she would make the primary interesting.

January 27, 2011 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  3. John

"came close to defeating" = "lost to". Let's call a spade a spade.

January 27, 2011 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  4. EdTx

Sounds like a rift in the republican party to me. Is America becoming more centrist?

January 27, 2011 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  5. hillcrester

She says, ""I have lots of options for the future, and I'm investigating all my options." Well, her "options" expired underwater in early Novemver, just like the Nevada real estate market. I guess that even in this post-Joe-the-plumber, any wannabe can have presidential aspirations.

January 27, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  6. Peace

Oh gosh!, too much nightmares in peoples heads nowadays. When they do wake up they want everybody to know what they were dreaming the previous night. Of all the people, even Sharron Angle for President!!! The world is turning up-side-down it looks like.

January 27, 2011 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  7. David H

Go for it Sharon. Can't wait to see you running from reporters again.

January 27, 2011 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  8. ART

W.T.F. is she serious or a little early with April fools

January 27, 2011 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  9. LovesIrony

The ONLY reason Harry Reid was reelected is Sharron Angle.

January 27, 2011 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  10. Ken in NC

WOW the loonies are out today.

January 27, 2011 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  11. brad

Should I laugh or should I cry. I feel for you GOPers. Hopefully someone with an once of intelligence will blossom through the ranks of potential candidates. Would really enjoy a very intelligent election. Unfortunately a bunch of wanna be Palins, future FOX commentator, book deals with no thoughts, what have you seems to be in the head of the GOP batch.

January 27, 2011 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  12. Sherri W.W.#1~ILLinois

Sharon Angle?this woman is BEYOND dangerous,as she has little grasp of reality,much like Palin,Bachman,Beck,and several newer members of Congress. To give these extremes any voice is a real danger to the Country.

January 27, 2011 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  13. Randy, San Francisco

This is getting scary...Palin, Bachmann, now Angle.

January 27, 2011 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  14. Joe Smith

the cuckoo is a noisy bird

January 27, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  15. LovesIrony

"...I'm investigating all my options," does this include second amendment remedies?

January 27, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  16. Seriously?

Oh God No!!!

January 27, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  17. Dave

Excellent! Angle and Palin can run on the "Dumb and Dumber" ticket.

January 27, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  18. Former Republican, but never again!

I'm absolutely speechless! If this wasn't so funny, it would be tragic. I can't believe they party I supposed for over 40 years has sunk this low. Angle, Bachman, Palin, O'Donnell: just unbelievable!

January 27, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  19. Sorensen

"Conservative christian movie in Iowa". Sounds like just what America needs now!!
    Why does this sorry, old broad just go home and never say another word. The intelligent world would be thankful.

January 27, 2011 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  20. Angle is an IDIOT

It would be nice to see Angle, Bachman and Palin run for the presidency....and if they couldn't win the Republiklan-Tea Party nomination, then I'm sure they should exercise their 2nd amendment remedies like they've all claimed and go postal and destroy the GOP once and for all!

Angle, you are sooo welcome to run...we all welcome in the big tent of right-wing radicals in the GOP-Tea Party!

can't wait to watch the drama!!!! Lol

January 27, 2011 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  21. GOP = Greed Over People

"Speaking at a premiere for a conservative Christian movie in Iowa Wednesday night, the Nevada Republican would not rule out a run for president"

What a publicity coup, have the anit-Christ speak at the premiere of a "christian" film!

January 27, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  22. Annie, Atlanta

Run Sharron, run! Hey, it will stimulate the economy. There's actually people out there who not only think she is qualified but who will contribute to her campaign. I love it. Plus it's good, in the short term, for the economy. It's a win win.

January 27, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  23. mike

If she runs for President I guess I will have to get use to being profiled and pulled over again like in the 70's. Well, she would be the first "Asian" President. Our Country keeps producing some real winners, Angle, Newt, Palin, Beck, Hannity, Rush, real right winged weaners.

January 27, 2011 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  24. Switters

Please. please run – the more GOP 'wack-jobs' the better.......

January 27, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  25. mr.stogie

Where do these people come from? I fully expect Christine O'Donnell to next announce her bid for President...Jeez!

January 27, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |