Palin on Obama's speech: WTF?
January 27th, 2011

Palin on Obama's speech: WTF?

(CNN) – Sarah Palin has a response to President Obama's State of the Union address: "WTF?!"

Making light of the acronym for the new White House initiative "Winning the Future," which inconveniently shares the same as that of "What the (blank)," Palin told Fox News Wednesday the president's speech was riddled with "a lot of WTF moments."

"His theme last night was WTF, winning the future," Palin also said. "I thought, okay, that acronym – spot on."

Specifically, Palin said it was a "WTF moment" when the president derided an increase to the federal deficit.

When he made the statement ..that he believed that we can't allow ourselves to, I guess, eventually become buried under a mountain of debt. That right there tells you he is so disconnected from reality! The problem is, we are buried under a mountain of debt, and jobs cannot be created by the private sector," she said. Palin also expounded on her comments in Facebook post Thursday morning.

And when it comes to the president's declaration that America has reached another so-called "Sputnik moment," Palin said, "That was another WTF moment, when he so often repeated this Sputnik moment that he would aspire Americans to celebrate."

Palin isn't the first to comment on the unfortunate acronym for the Winning the Future initiative. Almost immediately after the president announced it Tuesday, "WTF" quickly buzzed around Twitter.

Filed under: President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. Rob

Why, Why, Why, it's a bad dream! Every day another SP negative-no plan for the future–say no to everything. I respect my father's words when he would always remind me "If you have nothing positive to say, then say nothing at all". If only she could live by this advice... she would be silent.

January 27, 2011 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  2. Tony FL

Sarah Palin is the queen of WTF.

January 27, 2011 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  3. dbaby

Why won't this Palin person just go away? Someone please tell her to stop talking and go away!

January 27, 2011 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  4. bill martin

When is CNN finally realizing that nobody cares about Palin. She is a disgrace to America and the rest of the world. I can't believe you still think she is a viable candidate for our President. I really am embarrassed to think that we as Americans could possibly think she has the capability to be our leader. Who is backing Palin financially? Is it Murdoch? Please CNN we have heard enough from this unintelligent nobody.

January 27, 2011 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  5. Oldie in TampaBay

As I've said before and will say again .. she just loves to hear herself talk! Blah .. Blah .. Blah. All hot air.

January 27, 2011 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  6. Phil

A sad woman with nothing to contribute to American politics. Just looking for more angles to make herself more money. Only in the USA. WTF?

January 27, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  7. Lisa White

When this woman looks at her numbers in the polls, does she wonder why more people don't like her? Could she be any snarkier? It's because of people like her that politics has become a joke. There are jokes across the spectrum, but she seems to seek the limelight more than most.

She'd fit in perfectly on Jersey Shore. That's about her speed.

January 27, 2011 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  8. LGNY

Ever heard of the maxim

When you're in a hole, stop digging!

She just keeps on digging...

January 27, 2011 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  9. marty

Is it really a surprise that the 'twits' , led by the biggest twit, can't absorb anything intelligent?

January 27, 2011 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  10. Tired of the nonsense

Of course she'd be confused. She's a pickled-brained moron. She can't understand anything intelligent, and the president is a very intelligent individual.

Actually, I'm surprised that she even knows what Sputnik is. It's perfectly understandable that she doesn't understand the metaphor behind it - again, that takes intelligence and a knowledge of history, both of which she doesn't have.

One day, Palin will have to reconnect with reality. She's so far out there now, I doubt if she'd ever find her way back.

January 27, 2011 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  11. morris2196

When Palin makes a public statement, as often as not it puts her in a bad light; an aside, I will say that her “WTF” comments show a lack of class.

January 27, 2011 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  12. Palin is an IDIOT

....guess what, the witch is back!

Yeah, Palin WTF gibberish are you spouting now after your "bllood libel" Tucson massacre...sure, you can see that Russian Sputnik from your porch!

WTF is wrong with this IDIOT Palin? Lol!

January 27, 2011 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  13. Frank M

The fact that Sarah Palin was ever considered a serious candidate for national office is the biggest WTF of all.

January 27, 2011 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  14. J.D.L.

Who explained the context of the speech to her? The same person who ghost wrote her autobiography?

January 27, 2011 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  15. Jerrold

What a class act!

January 27, 2011 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  16. Nobody Special

Oy. This woman is something else.

January 27, 2011 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  17. LA

My gosh, what a classless woman. That she would co-opt a popular Internet acronym to explain her position is not surprising. So the answer, to all who have asked, is no, she IS NOT capable of using more than 140 characters to express hersel.

January 27, 2011 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  18. Ahmed

To Senator McCaine, WTF were you thinking?

January 27, 2011 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  19. Barbara

As Sarah continues to unfold her personality I can't understand how people believe she could be president. I can't imagine her conversing with world leaders. What she could convey with her language and demeanor scares me.

January 27, 2011 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  20. jon

Everytime I hear about Palin, I ask WTF (and I'm not talking about the future either).

January 27, 2011 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  21. Pat

Does not surprise me that she picked her wtf comment. She is so ignorant.

January 27, 2011 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  22. elo

what a vapid joke of a woman. Who would allude to WTF as a potential presidential candidate. If she had any class she wouldnt go there. This reduces her to a woman of high school intelligence. Or worse. Once again Palin should be called Ex Lax. Smooth move, Ex Lax. Thats a joke from the 8th grade, which fits Palins intellect and political savvy.

January 27, 2011 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  23. 11cavnam

It had been a relatively quiet week or so since Palin opened her mouth, I had to mwonder how soon the idiot would speak, about anything, whether or not it makes sense, and whether or not she actually has real knowledge to base her opinion on.

January 27, 2011 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  24. Phil

Don't get me wrong... I'm not much of a fan of Obama's track record, but hasn't Palin's entire public existence been a WTF moment?

January 27, 2011 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  25. Whatever

Just when I thought maybe she had received the newswire to back off and go back to Alaska... she pops up again. Does she really want to be President?! If so, she is not behaving like a candidate!! LOL Hey Sarah, are you having trouble paynig your bills? I don't think so ... so are you really in touch with the people?!?!
    GO TEA PARTY!!!!