Huckabee and Voight in Israel
January 31st, 2011

Huckabee and Voight in Israel

Washington (CNN) - Potential presidential candidate Mike Huckabee scored a sit down Monday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Huckabee, whose visit to the country comes only days after potential-rival Mitt Romney made a similar foray to the powerful United States ally, tweeted a photo of himself meeting with the prime minister earlier Monday. Also along for the ride is actor and conservative activist Jon Voight.

According to the Jerusalem Post, Huckabee addressed the controversial issue surrounding the disputed West Bank, saying, "It is inconceivable in many ways that we would have to even argue and debate whether or not Israelis could live in Israel, not just in parts of Israel but anywhere in Israel they wished to live."

"I cannot imagine as an American being told that I could not live in certain places in America because I was Christian, or because I was white, or because I spoke English. I would be outraged if someone told me that in my country, I would be prohibited and forbidden to live in a part of that country, for any reason," said Huckabee.

The Obama administration had attempted to convince Israel to slow down development in the West Bank as a precondition to the peace process negotiations with the Palestinian Authority. However the White House backed off that demand in December.

Filed under: Benjamin Netanyahu • Mike Huckabee
  1. Darth Vadik, CA

It is so nice to see Americans suporting that APARTHIED called Israel and calling it a Democraxy incorrectly. Especially nice to be seen shaking hands with a convicted criminal Netenyahoo (who I also belive to be a war criminal)...

January 31, 2011 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  2. HeyHey

Yep, if you want to be US President, you better go and be seen kissing the Israeli ass or the big-money US jews won't support you. I wonder if Huckabee kissed Netanyahu's ring.

January 31, 2011 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  3. Shaji Nair

what the heck a potential American Presidential Candidate has to do with Israel where they control the freedom of people based on religion and ethnicity??. I think the Republican lives in 1911 instead of 2011.

January 31, 2011 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  4. vic nashville tn

Tea party wants to cut aides for Israel but GOP hopefuls’ visiting Israel

January 31, 2011 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  5. Sam

So when Obama met the leader of Saudi Arabia, everyone talked about his bowing posture. Look at this idiot Huckabee, so ready to bow down to his master. This tells you where he will get his orders from. America voters beware, we are in this mess because of unnecessary wars on behalf of Israel. Don't vote for idiots who start their campaigning pledging alliance to Israel before America.

January 31, 2011 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  6. Hip

S.B. Stein - "It would be nice (but not going to happen) if the Arabs, and the Palestinians to a greater degree, would understand the history and need for the Jews to have a place of their own."
    -----–
    Logically, it seems like it is the Germans who owe Jews something, not the Arabs. That's why I don't get why they hate Arabs but don't hate Germans.

January 31, 2011 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  7. Darth Vadik, CA

You know what Hucakabe was thinking while shaking the convicted criminal Netenyahu's hand...
    "...when the rapture happens, you better convert to Christianity or..."

What Netenyahu was thinking about Huckabe while shaking Huckabe's hand:
    "...this guy actually cooked squirls in his popcorn maker..."

What Jon Voight was thinking:
    "..why am I here again?..."

We don't know Jon, we really don't know...

January 31, 2011 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  8. Danel

Any American politicians who go to Israel and announce they're running for office when they came back are not worthy of the office.

January 31, 2011 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  9. kathy

This country is already divided into wealthy and poor. The wealthy get their way while the poor get ignored. And we are all Americans. What's wrong with this picture? Why are the wealthy so quick to pitch in and help poor people in other countries, but not our own people in America? Even church people do this. Charity begins at home. The wealthy and churches need to lend a helping hand to the poor in this country before helping foreigners.

January 31, 2011 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  10. Terry

Hard to tell which of these three is the bigger idiot.

January 31, 2011 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  11. kate

Huckabee is a Fox patriot....isn't he. He is so out of touch with real America. Isn't he building him a million dollar mansion in Florida? He does not care for the poor, unemployed, etc. just about himself. That is what being "conservative" in American means...me me me......He proclaims to be a Christian......but doesn't care about the working classs or the poor. Would never vote for him.

January 31, 2011 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |