Mitt Romney on politics of Mormonism
February 2nd, 2011

Mitt Romney on politics of Mormonism

(CNN)–As Mitt Romney eyes a 2012 presidential bid, he is facing the so-called Mormon question again, just as he did during his unsuccessful bid for the 2008 Republican nomination.

Embarking on a media tour to promote his new book – and, in the process, testing a potential White House run – the former Massachusetts governor is reprising lines on his Mormon faith from his last bout as presidential contender.

FULL STORY

Watch Piers Morgan Live weeknights 9 p.m. ET. For the latest from Piers Morgan click here.

Filed under: 2012 • Belief Blog • Content Partner • Mitt Romney • TV-Piers Morgan
  1. ThinkAgain

Independent thought from church dogma and hierarchy are not tolerated in the Mormon church – ask anyone who's tried and been excommunicated. Romney takes his marching orders from the LDS leadership – only a fool would believe otherwise.

February 2, 2011 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  2. diridi

this guy has no sense and talks no meaning at all....

February 2, 2011 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  3. I am a mormon

Think again is wrong in his "analysis" of mormonism...

W that being said my politics does not align w gov. Romney therefore I would not and have no plans to vote for him or support his bed for 2012.

February 2, 2011 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  4. Darth Vadik, CA

Religion should ave nothing to do with running for President, if I don't think Roney should be President it is because of his idiotic political stands, his lack of good judgement on todays issues, and his wish-i-washy flip-flopping stands. Not because he's a Mormon, Muslim, Jew or a Hindu.

February 2, 2011 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  5. djkhan

Is he the only guy gop has. It seems every four years we hear same issues about him . I love dems

February 2, 2011 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  6. GI Joe

NO NO NO NO NO – No to Romney, Beck, Huntsman, or anybody that worships "JOSEPH SMITH".

February 2, 2011 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  7. michaelam

I don't care what religion this clown is! Religion needs to stay OUT of politics, period.
    Oh, the GOP candidates get more pathetic each and every day.

President Obama 2012! A vote for any and ALL Republicans, even those that were once sane, is a vote for destruction, ruin, and third-world status!

Where are the jobs, Birchers????? Jobs, jobs, jobs! The American people have spoken and they want jobs!

February 2, 2011 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  8. once upon a horse

the sad thing for Mitt is that there are folks in our country, the ones Sarah Palin once dubbed the "real Americans" that don't accept Mormons and being Christians and even call them a cult.I would not be surprised if a lot of them even belong to the Tea Party. I don't support Mitt nor his party but I also feel that it's a shame that there are people who would judge him solely because of his religious beliefs. Thses are the same folks that say Obama is a Muslim, born in Kenya, you know that bunch. Prejudice is prejudice no matter how you look at it.

February 2, 2011 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  9. Lynda/Minnesota

The manner in which his (Mormom) supporters are gushing over what they think are his many accomplishments, you'd think Romney was running for the Office of The Right Hand of God and not as a President of the United States wannabee.

February 2, 2011 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  10. william mcconkey

I am married to a member of the LDS Church. When he attends his church services, during the congregation's verbal "Testimony" he will say, out loud, for all to hear. "I believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that this is the one true church on the face of the earth." That really concerns me. What does that make the rest of us? The LDS will say that the church is "tolerant" of others. Tolerance does not infer brotherhood, it is a statement of superiority. That also concerns me. It should concern everyone.

February 2, 2011 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  11. Peace

It seems the baggage he carried along with him during his last bid for President, hasn't lessen even half a gram. I would offer him an advice though he didn't ask for it, that he better leave the battle to others and do something else!

February 2, 2011 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  12. just sayin..

Romney is also a Mormon Bishop...so its more than just a church to him

February 2, 2011 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  13. Republicans = Fascists

I wonder does Mitt watch Big love on HBO.

February 2, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |