Romney reveals new details on 'Late Night'
February 2nd, 2011

Romney reveals new details on 'Late Night'

(CNN) – Having run for president once before, you’d think we already know all there is to know about Mitt Romney.

Not so, says the former Massachusetts governor. Appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman Tuesday as part of a media blitz to promote a new edition of his book, the former and likely GOP presidential candidate revealed the “Top Ten Things You Don’t Know About Mitt Romney:

10.) Mitt is short for Mitt-thew.

9.) I can’t begin my day until I’ve read the Washington Post and Kim Kardashian’s tweets.

8.) I’m the guy in the photo that comes with your picture frame.

7.) I spent six months in a Mexican prison for selling black market Pillow Pets.

6.) Do I smell as good as I look? No!

5.) In high school, I was voted “Mittiest.”

4.) I got into politics for the piles and piles of paperwork.

3.) Look for my best-selling biography, “They Call Me Baba Romney.”

2.) I have absolutely no idea where my birth certificate is.
And . . .

1.) Oprah is my half-sister.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Dave

HE might be exactly what we need.
    Someone with a clue about economics, not some blind ideology thought about in the Chicago Law shools and proven to fail in other coutries around the world.
    The only problem with Romney is he is not exactly hard core right on social issues, which hurts him in the primaries. The best thing he could do is brush that stuff aside and stay focused on the economy because that is his strength and that is what the people want: Less spending, less taxes, more jobs, a strong, growing economy.

All things Obama has failed miserably at.

February 2, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  2. thomas

I could not support nor vote for a professional politician who supported two wasteful wars , who is the Father of five sons for whom none volunteered for active service in the military .
    It's too easy for the such as Mitt Romney to send others children into conflict , Mitt is corporate CEO patriotism at its worst !

February 2, 2011 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  3. Kwesoe

So the dude even went to high school and can read a newspaper? Me thinks it takes more than that to be president.

February 2, 2011 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  4. Bill NY

Appropriate that he woulld be on a show that is so, so, so ,so played out and devoid of any new and fresh ideas.

February 2, 2011 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  5. La, La, La

Not for all the money would I support that jerk!

February 2, 2011 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  6. lauraauthority

This is the left wing media picking our next president.....again. Sick & tired of the same old game. Candidates should only be allowed a set amount of money, and see how fiscally they spend it, and get elected...thats proof enough to me that they are fiscally responsible with our country's wallet!

February 2, 2011 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  7. LovesIrony

I run to the right, then i back off, then run to the right, then back to center, then back to the right, then back to the center. No wonder I get dizzy.

February 2, 2011 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  8. Chas in Iowa

This guys attempt to push for the "fair tax" system tells me enough. The GOP gets their big tax break and Mitt wants to give them the whole pie.
    The Fair Tax system pushes the tax burden farther yet onto the middle class while eliminating most taxes for the wealthy.

February 2, 2011 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  9. Russ

The one thing we do know about Mitt Romney is that he is hypocrite, i.e. health care and that he would be every rich mans dream president. Every bill that is introduced to help his rich corporate friends would sail through. The rich get richer the rest of us get poorer. Any of you poor bible belt, bible thumping Republicans that think otherwise, well, just vote for him and sit back and wonder what happened as you collect your Walmart paycheck, try to pay for private health care (most likely just do without), unlike Mitt, and drink your beer wondering why your broke.

February 2, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  10. Tish

Real funny Mitt... so funny I forgot to laugh. I really hope you take this a little more seriously.

February 2, 2011 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  11. Wire Palladin, S. F.

How does the man of many Mittens explain the stock market being up 4000 points since President Obama took office, over one million private sector jobs created last year with no help from the GOP, saving the American automobile industry when he says our president is anti corporation?

February 2, 2011 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  12. Four and The Door

It is great to see the soaring popularity of Mitt Romney because he is one of very few politicians who shows real command of the issues without having to consult a room full of economic and political consultants to figure out what position to take. Mitt has both intelligense and common sense. He has extensive management experience and he knows what it will take to get the federal government back in step with the requirements of the economy.

February 2, 2011 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  13. The Rock and Roll Mime

It is going to be entertaining to watch the GOP try to sell the most nakedly cynical and opportunistic politician in the country to their rabidly fundamentalist God-Guns-Gays demographic.

February 2, 2011 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  14. T'sah from Virginia

2.) I have absolutely no idea where my birth certificate is.

And . . .

1.) Oprah is my half-sister

REPOST w/name this time – other may show up Anonymous!!

Dang – Mittens must be "another Brotha' from a different Motha'. The problem with that – Oprah just discovered she has a HALF SISTER – not HALF BROTHER. So does that mean you have to PROVE to the American people that you are a MAN instead of showing a birth certificate to prove you were BORN in the USA????????

February 2, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  15. Darth Vadik, CA

I think it's funny,

though Mitt as President, very not funny, a man that flip-flops this much and doesn't really stand for anything concrete, he can be bullied into things, especially by those who hold the purse (AKA big business), so definitelly NOT for Presidential material.

February 2, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  16. Living in America

Wow let's talk about how Massachuesetts has the same kind of health care similae to the kind that the President proposed. You got into politics for piles and pile of money. Wow you and Palin have the same DNA. It looks like this $.

February 2, 2011 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  17. EddyL

Mormon radical schmuck..... about as far right as you can get despite the ruse of "being light."

February 2, 2011 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  18. Jen

Give it up already. Not voting for you or any republican.

February 2, 2011 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  19. allen

we bdo know all we need to know about Mitt. he is not for America, he is ONLY for the estremist part of America. He is one of the most out of touch pols, I have seen since Henry the 8th

February 2, 2011 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  20. kate

That is right. He never had to work for a thing. And he bashes Obama's healthcare plan and he put one similiar to it in Mass.
    Another lying republican. And I used to be a republican and I saw the light and left the party. They are only for the rich. They don't connect with the real America. We don't need MITT.

February 2, 2011 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  21. Denny

Any man or woman who is qualified to run the government as a business, gets my vote. Balancing a budget, cutting out waste, are traits and skills of a good business manager. We cannot continue to elect people who think "the people" are an unending source of revenue. We need to "hire" a business manager of the highest quality. Mitt could be the man. Or Trump. Hard working, business savvy. That's what I want.

February 2, 2011 10:55 am at 10:55 am |