Romney reveals new details on 'Late Night'
February 2nd, 2011

Romney reveals new details on 'Late Night'

(CNN) – Having run for president once before, you’d think we already know all there is to know about Mitt Romney.

Not so, says the former Massachusetts governor. Appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman Tuesday as part of a media blitz to promote a new edition of his book, the former and likely GOP presidential candidate revealed the “Top Ten Things You Don’t Know About Mitt Romney:

10.) Mitt is short for Mitt-thew.

9.) I can’t begin my day until I’ve read the Washington Post and Kim Kardashian’s tweets.

8.) I’m the guy in the photo that comes with your picture frame.

7.) I spent six months in a Mexican prison for selling black market Pillow Pets.

6.) Do I smell as good as I look? No!

5.) In high school, I was voted “Mittiest.”

4.) I got into politics for the piles and piles of paperwork.

3.) Look for my best-selling biography, “They Call Me Baba Romney.”

2.) I have absolutely no idea where my birth certificate is.
And . . .

1.) Oprah is my half-sister.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Chedar

Romney here is your counterpart that you have to overcome, Ex governor John Huntsman Jr. Personable good look with lots of experience in foreign affairs. Good ideas and definitely a centrist.

February 2, 2011 08:23 am at 8:23 am |
  2. Chedar

Mitt here is the guy you have to overcome, you fellow Utan'. Just like you, Ex gov John Huntsman Jr. With reasonable good looks, experience in foreign affairs and definitely a centrist which appeal very much to the American people. Impressive resume. The guy you need to beat. The rest are potatoes

February 2, 2011 08:27 am at 8:27 am |
  3. The Real Tom Paine

Hh, so the man who redefined " servile" begins his quest for the presidency again. Wonderful. Just what I need to make myself feel better, a man who has never had to struggle for anything in his life telling me that I need to blindly follow his pathetic nostrums because he feels he'e better than the rest of us.

February 2, 2011 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  4. TM

Is he going to throw the OTHER half of his personal fortune away to fund another failed campaign? All the money in the world won't change the fact that you personally symbolize everything that it wrong with your party. It was financial hedge fund bandits like you that nearly ruined our economy. You are the LAST person to be trusted to run things.

February 2, 2011 08:53 am at 8:53 am |
  5. Dave

Mitt "Say anything" Romney. He will say anything he thinks people want to hear in order to get votes. The guy's about as bland and spineless as a jellyfish. I wouldn't trust him to change a tire.

February 2, 2011 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  6. sara

well, I don't feel he is touch with what the real world is like. I could be wrong.

February 2, 2011 08:59 am at 8:59 am |
  7. maine liberal

he has to overcome the Tea-party.
    anyone from mass is too liberal something about mandated health insurance

February 2, 2011 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  8. Me

We may not know Mitt, but we do know that the GOP remains the party of grumpy old men and witchy women like Sarah Palin, Michelle Backman, and Christine O'Donnell.

February 2, 2011 09:01 am at 9:01 am |
  9. Gaunt

Reagrdless of what I think of the man, this was a clever bit of work by his campaign managers. Appeal to a younger demographic, and self-depricating humour at the same time. Good way to unofficially launch his campaign.

February 2, 2011 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  10. diridi

do not even consider voting for GOP scoundrels, Things are getting better...stock market is going up...manufacturing is coming back, when i called Dish Net, call went to North Carolina, previously it went to India, Hyderabad, etc, now in America....Manufacturing is coming back....Don't vote for GOP thugs, they want to repeal Health care...which America needs desperately.....do not vote for these GOP thugs...get rid of them from the nation....

February 2, 2011 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  11. Maryland, USA

"Having run for president once before, you’d think we already know all there is to know about Mitt Romney." A dangling participle is bad enough ("Having run, ...you"), but a dangling participle in the lead sentence makes me ask, for the nth time, "Has CNN laid off every last copy editor?"

February 2, 2011 09:11 am at 9:11 am |
  12. mdn

Mitt the twitt.

February 2, 2011 09:12 am at 9:12 am |
  13. sara

I just want to say, be aware Mr.Palin, this good looking multi-millionaire Republican is getting more close to Sarah these days. That old saying,never say never!

February 2, 2011 09:14 am at 9:14 am |
  14. DAW, NC

I wonder where he stands this week on the issues???

February 2, 2011 09:16 am at 9:16 am |
  15. utah mattress

well, thank God we have the electoral college and dave letterman isn't on it!

February 2, 2011 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  16. Ben Ben

Isnt he a member of that cult that refused blacks? Wont be getting my vote.

February 2, 2011 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  17. Dominican mama 4 Obama

John Huntsman: mmm, mmm, goood!!
    Now there's some eye candy for us women! Goodgagamooga!!
    And I couldn't care less what state he was from, what Party, or if he always travelled with his birth certificate!
    ROFLMDAO!

February 2, 2011 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  18. Timus

He was so dry and stiff. He looked like he didn't want to be there. Tough to support a candidate who can't even crack a few jokes!!!

February 2, 2011 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  19. Dominican mama 4 Obama

But you Mittens.....you scare me.
    Big head, bigger hair.
    Pass.

February 2, 2011 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  20. Clwyd

Americans will not vote for a Mormon!

February 2, 2011 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  21. Indy

Hard to take anyone that is promoting a book seriously, if you want to run for POTUS then run and work for the people and talk about issues and policy. When you are out self promoting with another useless book for entertainment purposes and to line your pockets then go on the media circus and promote you entertainment, but stay the hell out of politics while promoting one of the many political fairy tale books.

February 2, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  22. Bubba

He's right about the piles and piles of paper. Most of politics is week after week of budgets and margins and percentage points. Not very often that you get to hold hands with a Saudi Prince or vomit on the Japanese Prime Minister.

February 2, 2011 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  23. James Brooklyn N.Y.

This proves he is an idiot.

February 2, 2011 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  24. Marc

He is the only Republican in the race so far that I could vote for. I will not cast any more votes for right wing idealogues. I need a pragmatic leader who realizes there is plenty of improvement needed on both sides of the aisle to get this country turned around.

February 2, 2011 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  25. Andi

Mitt Romney is a loser. Get lost. The only way you'll see the White House is on visiting days with the rest of the public.

February 2, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |