Christie, Bush in 2016?
February 4th, 2011

Christie, Bush in 2016?

(CNN) - Forget about speculating about the 2012 field. Maybe it's time to get working on 2016.

First, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush replied "never say never" when asked by the National Review if he'd consider a presidential bid five years from now.

Now New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is giving a similar shrug-of-the-shoulders answer to his presidential ambitions.

"Well, who knows? That's, what, five years from now? And who knows what life is going to be like five years from now?" he told Fox Business Network Thursday.

Of course, if a Republican wins in 2012, all this speculation will be for naught, assuming that Republican runs for reelection. So, yeah, it's too early.

Filed under: Chris Christie • Jeb Bush
  1. one voice

What a combination: a flaming racist and a dishonest election cheater

February 4, 2011 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  2. Orlando R.

I honestly dont think any Bush has a chance of winning the presidency again. George W. Bush has tarnished the Bush name.

February 4, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  3. al

Yeah..thats what u wan...another white president another bush...8 More years..so u can stop complaining about obama this is what youll get

February 4, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  4. Dave

Good God! This guy has not even served one term as governor and he is being touted as the second coming in the republican party. All I see is all hat and no cattle. He talks a lot, insults a lot, and so far has not done a lot. I bet he does not get reelected.

February 4, 2011 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  5. mike

He should be the poster child for what is wrong in america over eating look at this clown if he gets any heavier they are going to have to use a forklift to get him out of bed can you see this fat fool in the boxing ring one round and he be having a heart attack I wound if his wife and kids are beached wales too

February 4, 2011 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  6. XWngLady

H to the NO!!!.....NO MORE BUSH'S!!!! Are the Bush's the only people in this country that people think are capable of running it??? I mean really, every Bush male does not need to get a turn at being the POTUS! Let Jeb run for Congress, but not the Presidency. I mean two Bush's was MORE than enough!!!!!!!...If they try to put another Bush in office, I will quit my job and single-handedly launch a revolt. This is a Democracy not a Monarchy!!!

February 4, 2011 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  7. Tod P

No more Bush's in office. Enough is enough. They should just be happy that 2 Bush's made it to the white house and if my vote would have truly counted, there would have only been 1 Bush as President

February 4, 2011 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |