Bristol Palin to run for office?
February 8th, 2011

Bristol Palin to run for office?

(CNN) – Forget about Sarah. The next Palin to hold elective office just might be Bristol Palin.

The famous daughter of the former vice presidential candidate told E! News she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed.

"If I saw something that needed to be changed, then I would step up to the plate and do something about it," the former dancing with the Stars contestant said.

As for the other politician in the family, the younger Palin is urging her mom to run for president.

"I think she would be a wonderful president, and I still think that she should run," Bristol said. "She's just so common-sense conservative….just, 'Here's what we've gotta do and this is how we're gonna do it,' and she brings a whole 'nother aspect to politics because she's a mom, because she runs a household, and I just think she's really smart."

Filed under: Bristol Palin
  1. Terry

Give me a break!!!! This family of trailer trash has had their moment of fame – let's please move on.

February 8, 2011 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  2. Huckawho?

At least someone thinks her mom is smart. That being said you couldn't pay me enough to vote for anyone named Palin since I'm not sure that the whole clan taken together has a whole brain.

February 8, 2011 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  3. NJ Mom

Yes, Bristol is so qualified to run for office. About as qualified as my dog. Excuse me, CNN, while I vomit this barf you keep serving up on the Palins.

February 8, 2011 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  4. Themuddman

Wow....just wow...... I'm at a loss for words on this one...

February 8, 2011 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  5. Fair is Fair

"I am sure, while every Tom, Dick and Harry is running for presidency, I am also thinking to put my nomination...o.k...At least I speak some kind of sense...than GOP idiots...I am begging, can you please vote for me....I shall fix this problems....which Reagan, and Bush the biggest idiots in the world messed...this nation...please vote for me...."
    ___________________

This comment brought to by the National Education Association. At the NEA, our motto is "A mind is a terrible thing".

February 8, 2011 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  6. bosfaninva

This is a joke...right???

February 8, 2011 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  7. LIB

This country is in serious trouble. Our strong values and morals have dropped to an all time low with the introduction of these Palins. Have we no dignity left when we polorize this disfunctional family? Atleast the Obamas are a very positive image of what family life and values are about.

February 8, 2011 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  8. Jay

More Publicity = More Money

Less Publicity = Less Money

Most non-supporters of the Palin family understand this. Too bad we, non-supporters, live with so many stupid people.

February 8, 2011 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  9. JulesT

Talk about scary! It is like seeing the show Dumb and Dumber!

February 8, 2011 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  10. thomas

The famous daughter of the former vice presidential candidate told E News she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed.

FAME , DILUTION , ARROGANCE , IGNORANCE !

February 8, 2011 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  11. Phattee

Her idea of what constitutes an elected official is based on her mother. So, obviously, she can't differentiate between politician and celebrity and mistakenly believes that their roles are interchangeable. She may win some minor office in some remote, backwards corner of the US, but that's about it.

February 8, 2011 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  12. Frank J. Lucero

The whole Plain family is a disgrace to this country ! !

February 8, 2011 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  13. Darth Vadik, CA

Fair is Fair,

You have some of the dumbest comments and analogies by far, we are all a little stupider for just heaving read them, does that garbage actually make sense in your head?

February 8, 2011 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  14. Jane L.

Why is CNN covering this? Bristol (indeed, all of the Palins) are just trying to prolong their 15 minutes of fame. NONE of them have anything to offer – to anyone! Why would Bristol think she has the qualifications to run for any kind of office.
    My hope is that CNN will STOP reporting on the Paiins – please.

February 8, 2011 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  15. NC

CNN you are fixated on the Palin family. There are a lot of Moms in this country, good and bad. It doesn't qualify anyone to be President just because they have children. This young woman is leaving herself wide open for criticism when she says if she saw anything that needed to be changed she might run for political office. The Palin family needs to change, stay out of the limelight and take care of your children Palins.

February 8, 2011 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  16. Wow

Let me guess, Bristol's running mate would be Meghan McCain? Sarah Palin is like an oppressive mother-in-law to America, not trustworthy because her intent is #1 to make money and cater to small-minded people who think education is only for the "elite". I'm scared of Sarah Palin like I'm scared of stupid people.

February 8, 2011 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  17. normajean

The whole political scene has become a Laurel and Hardy movie. One doesn't know whether to laugh or cry..From the absurd to the ridiculous.WHAT gives these people the idea that they have even one qualification to be president? This is not a game. There are those who have wrongly said President Obama wasn't qualified, but he has had major schooling, was an attorney and a Senator. At least this is a person with some knowledge and experience. These people think if someone turns a camera on them that they can get away with anything......Heaven help us!!!!!

February 8, 2011 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  18. Madtown

Right on track for the Palin's. This further proves the notion that this family will do anything to keep itself in the headlines, and keep the paychecks flowing. Bristol for office? Hilarious! But, from her perspective, why not? She's no less qualified than her mom, and there's money to be made. She'll also have her book deal announced later this year, I'm sure. She'll just first need to find someone to write it for her. Maybe she can hire whichever ghost writer penned Sarah's epic reads.

February 8, 2011 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  19. Joshua Ludd

And thus dies any serious mindedness in our politics and the idea that one should be at least mildly qualified for office. Being a mom, or a mayor, or even a half-term governor doesn't make one qualified for president in the absence of better qualifications besides those.

February 8, 2011 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  20. Ken, AZ

Once again you find a Palin speaking before thinking. Both, this kid and her mother, should enroll in the nearest elementary school, quick. What makes either of these "deep thinkers" think they're qualified to solve anything when they don't even understand the issues?

February 8, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  21. Gerald

Hey wait, I wanna be President too...I'm in Canada and I can see America from here, and I watch CNN , Oprah, Baseball and the Simpsons......AND I know a bit about the Middle East and Politics and I was in a limo once...You Bettcha Eh !

February 8, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  22. Video Guy

So far little girl, you mommy has yet to tell us how sh is "gonna do it". All she is good for is looking good for old GOP guys, pointing her finger, and winking.

February 8, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  23. Dave

Maybe she could start out by actually voting.

February 8, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  24. dem forever in nc

I'll sleep tight tonight knowing that Bristol Palin will run if there are problems that she can fiix. She's about as qualified as her mother to run. Save us from this loser, money grubbing family!!! Go away Palins... all of you!!!!

February 8, 2011 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  25. Roscoe

Excellent choice.....work on getting elected just as soon as you finish that GED.

February 8, 2011 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |