Bristol Palin to run for office?
February 8th, 2011

Bristol Palin to run for office?

(CNN) – Forget about Sarah. The next Palin to hold elective office just might be Bristol Palin.

The famous daughter of the former vice presidential candidate told E! News she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed.

"If I saw something that needed to be changed, then I would step up to the plate and do something about it," the former dancing with the Stars contestant said.

As for the other politician in the family, the younger Palin is urging her mom to run for president.

"I think she would be a wonderful president, and I still think that she should run," Bristol said. "She's just so common-sense conservative….just, 'Here's what we've gotta do and this is how we're gonna do it,' and she brings a whole 'nother aspect to politics because she's a mom, because she runs a household, and I just think she's really smart."

Filed under: Bristol Palin
  1. Republicans = Fascists -aka- ReFascisticans

This is a joke! Rep. Schock is the youngest person in Congress. If she can win a debate against him, then she'll have some credibility. And Rep. Schock isn't that well rounded himself so that's not saying much.

February 8, 2011 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  2. David

She moved to Arizona, god help us.

February 8, 2011 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  3. Grumpy

Now that is a frightful thought.

February 8, 2011 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  4. GL

I read in one of those National Equires that Sara Palin and Bristol have a fight over his is the most popular and I didnt' believe, but I do now. She is competeing with her mother for attention – what a real Jerry Springer family.

February 8, 2011 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  5. Marla

What has happened to respect for education in this country?
    I had always assumed that our lawmakers had prepared for their careers by earning college degrees in something that would relate, such as law or political science. I had also assumed that lawmakers gained experience by serving in different levels of government before reaching the highest levels.
    The ancient Romans had this system – it was called the cursus honorum, or path of honor.
    If such a poorly educated young woman aspires to holding an office with no preparation, then the anti-intellectualism in this country has gotten out of hand.

February 8, 2011 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  6. dave

I think that the Palins are a great inspiration to our country, particularly us common folks, who before never thought that we could have such lofty dreams as public office... particularly President of this great land.

Which is why I am here to tell you that in light of these wonderful Palin announcements that I too, am running for President of the United States. My campaign begins immediately, and you may paypal your contributions to me via my email address.... just place the note of DavePAC on the address.
    Because if Bristol and Sarah can run, I should too.

________
    This message brought to you by DavePAC.

February 8, 2011 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  7. bill486

And her qualifications are.................?

February 8, 2011 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  8. GL

She just don't that phase above right out of her mother play book. Sara and Bristol at war with each other for attention. This family is at best a Jerry Springer family.

February 8, 2011 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  9. Palin: Like Coulter ... Minus the Manparts

Coming in third place in a washed-up, celebrity dance contest does not qualify as grounds to run for office. And tell her reject mother being a celebrity and ghost-written author with no depth or intellect doesn't either. So a dimwitted, PSTD-ridden senator plucks out-of-the-blue a half-term governor of a formerly unknown state, who also happened to be mayor of Crack Capital, AK, and now suddenly, they all think they are qualified for high office?

February 8, 2011 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  10. Nick

Bristol's idea that Her Mom is smart only proves that She is not.

February 8, 2011 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  11. GaryB

If Bristol thinks her mom is actually a "common sense conservative" who has ever offered anything resembling a real solution to a real problem, then that just shows that Bristol has a lot of learning ahead of her before she should run for anything.

February 8, 2011 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  12. Roscoe

She's qualified to be governor right now in AZ

February 8, 2011 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  13. kate

Bristol...your mother is not qualified to be Pres. of this country. She proved she is not smart. I think you are just another Palin, wanting fame, any way you can get it!

February 8, 2011 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  14. Sybaris

That family is like the Darling family from the Andy Griffith show, you just can't get rid of them.

February 8, 2011 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  15. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Republicans have a choice, either they pick Sarah or her daughter Bristol and they better not wait too long because if they don't take those choices then it will be Todd, Willow or the baby.

February 8, 2011 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  16. Library Lady

Stay in school. The last thing this country needs is another Falin' Palin to run for any office. Besides, she must not be too bright herself to think she could even get elected. Her Mother's worshipers are fading fast, big surprise there.

I think crazy is finally going out of fashion in this country.

February 8, 2011 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  17. Howard

"she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed."

What office? Head of the dry cleaning workers union?

February 8, 2011 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  18. Jack

Can someone tell me how far her education has gone, or what in god's name would ever qualify her for politics?

February 8, 2011 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  19. Bessy

The weather may be bad where I live but this sure gave me a laugh for the day. In the meantime, a college in Washington planned to bring Bristol in to give one of her speaches on abstinence, etc. She would have been paid $20,000. The student body voted it down and said " no way were they going to listen to her ". The college had to cancel her appearence. Good job students ! I'm sure that $20,000 could be spent to help the college rather than just help to build up this girl's ego. Apploes sure don't fall far from the tree, do they ?

February 8, 2011 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  20. Margie

I love CNN's adjectives...FAMOUS???????? her claim to fame is she had a child out of wedlock and danced on DWTS. And lacking any claim to be able to dance she only stayed on because the tea bags and republicans packed the call ins. Gee what a joke...She is welcome to run for any office she wants, after all this is still America. But if the republicans have their way it won't be for long. But FAMOUS????? give me a break.

February 8, 2011 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  21. Miller

only in Alaska may one find some rare spicies ....thought to be extinct by the advent of some formal education!

February 8, 2011 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  22. Annie, Atlanta

Thank you, John McCain, for making stupid profitable as well as appealing. Elevating stupidity to unheard of levels will be his legacy with the unleashing of this family on an unsuspecting public.

February 8, 2011 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  23. betterdays

Bristol, the pressing problem is that you need to go away. Please step up to the plate one last time and do something about it. Then step away from the plate and get lost.

February 8, 2011 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  24. uzalex

Blame is on J McCain – he must not be sleeping well @ night. These people are not going away soon – what a sad situation.

February 8, 2011 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  25. Jay Kay

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is the funniest thing I've heard so far this week!

February 8, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |