Bristol Palin to run for office?
February 8th, 2011

Bristol Palin to run for office?

(CNN) – Forget about Sarah. The next Palin to hold elective office just might be Bristol Palin.

The famous daughter of the former vice presidential candidate told E! News she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed.

"If I saw something that needed to be changed, then I would step up to the plate and do something about it," the former dancing with the Stars contestant said.

As for the other politician in the family, the younger Palin is urging her mom to run for president.

"I think she would be a wonderful president, and I still think that she should run," Bristol said. "She's just so common-sense conservative….just, 'Here's what we've gotta do and this is how we're gonna do it,' and she brings a whole 'nother aspect to politics because she's a mom, because she runs a household, and I just think she's really smart."

Filed under: Bristol Palin
  1. Rob

"If I saw something that needed to be changed..." WHAT?? Well, keep looking.
    Gee, now that you've got that HS diploma I guess you know pretty-much everything.
    I was trying to eat my lunch and now I feel Ill.

February 8, 2011 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  2. pocketa

John McCain's legacy...I brought you the Palins; Good luck!

February 8, 2011 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  3. ART

Hey she could run and possibly win, after all look how far her dumb mom got.

February 8, 2011 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  4. Alex

Like mother, like daughter....... a really smart bunch. Exactly what America needs.

February 8, 2011 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  5. 11cavnam

Bristol Palin thinks her mom would be a good president? The whole problem is the first three words. In this country anyone can be president, and that is the problem, not everyone is qualified to be president. Especially the quitta from Wasilla. If Sarah and Bristol Palin had twice the brains they have now, they, added together may have close to half the brains of a half wit. ( And I do apologize to any half wits out there, I am not mtrying to insult you).

February 8, 2011 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  6. bandgeek1

The only "pressing problem" I see on the horizon is another Palin thinking they should run for elected office. God, Divine being, generous universe, whatever forbid it.

February 8, 2011 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  7. James Brooklyn N.Y.

I wish they all would just move to China.

She is fat, stupid and unattractive. I feel sorry for the guy who ends up stuck with this wack job.

February 8, 2011 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  8. Bob Dog

Who is going to take care of Bristol's offspring?

February 8, 2011 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  9. ficheye

There are some dumb people out there who will be excited about this and actually vote for her. Of that I am certain. What I'm confused about is just how she is going to get the experience that she needs to do that. It has long been a war cry of conservatives and some liberals as well that Obama didn't have the proper experience. Now here's another one of the Palin clan coming at us from stupid-ville and she has zero experience at anything. Has she even had a JOB? Disgusting.

February 8, 2011 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  10. mb2010a

Bristol for President!!!! You Betcha...
    But then, she probably would quit after two years...

February 8, 2011 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  11. Odalice Feliz

She'll do great, I support the palins

February 8, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  12. K

Why not? She's about as qualified as her mother. Wait...

February 8, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  13. Psychologist

And what is the forum you are running on, Bristol? Teenage pregnancy? How to quit school or political office? How to be a hypocrit and babble simple phrases without offering a real solution? Go for it! Dancing with the Stars gave you a great foundation, like your pathetic mommy already has.

February 8, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  14. Marie MD

@Howard – I almost spilled my drink. Dry cleansing workers union – That IS funny.
    BTW – sorry for all my misspelled words in my previous comment. Getting used to an iPad and the story is so bizarre that I couldn't type fast enough

February 8, 2011 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  15. Jack Cardwell

Will somebody please WaterBoard John McCain for unleasing this never ending Hell on America? At the very least he should be tried for Treason.

February 8, 2011 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  16. billy

Is this a joke or what?, her Mom isn't qualified to hold a high office and Bristol is even much further below that level of qualification.
    What the heck is this country coming too?–just plain crazy foolishness!!

February 8, 2011 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  17. Craig

These two are the biggest idiots!! 'If I saw something that needed to be changed, then I would step up to the plate and do something about it.' Are you kidding????? Do these two dimwits really think they have any answers to the country's problems? All they want is to be in front of a damn camera. The media really needs to quit paying attention to these two attention whores. They haven't contributed anything positive to society, they are self-absorbed and by the way...who's taking care of your bastard child? Since your always whoring for the cameras and we never see the stupid kid...it's a little curious. Starting to think the kid was 'borrowed' for the campaign.

February 8, 2011 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  18. Barking Alien

What kind of office is she really qualified for? Maybe office space. I understand she is studying real hard for her drug test.

February 8, 2011 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  19. Clwyd

God No! If she sees something that needs to be changed she may run? By who's standards wills he decide? She couldn't make a right decision about having a baby!

February 8, 2011 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  20. JB21

Obviously idiots really breed idiots.

February 8, 2011 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  21. Dan in Red Neck Country

What do you libs do when your not degrading people? Are you paid to leave your daily dump on The Ticker?

February 8, 2011 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  22. Liberal Idiots

I'm fairly conservative and even I find this to be a joke.

February 8, 2011 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  23. EddyL

Doesn't this dim boob realize that her clan is the "pressing problem"? This trailer-trash family needs to shut up and go away!

February 8, 2011 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  24. Baronton

I would vote for Snookie before any Palin

February 8, 2011 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  25. Kathy, DC

Well, it is tough to admit to yourself when you have a parent that is a complete stupid failure. Nobody wants to think that about their mother and father so the fact that she thinks her mother is smart is understandable. Also, that's just "BS" about her running for office. She probably just wanted to get her picture in the news again. Bristol has to know that she doesn't have any qualifications to do anything. It looks like she's gained some weight since her last picture in the news.

February 8, 2011 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |