Bristol Palin to run for office?
February 8th, 2011

Bristol Palin to run for office?

(CNN) – Forget about Sarah. The next Palin to hold elective office just might be Bristol Palin.

The famous daughter of the former vice presidential candidate told E! News she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed.

"If I saw something that needed to be changed, then I would step up to the plate and do something about it," the former dancing with the Stars contestant said.

As for the other politician in the family, the younger Palin is urging her mom to run for president.

"I think she would be a wonderful president, and I still think that she should run," Bristol said. "She's just so common-sense conservative….just, 'Here's what we've gotta do and this is how we're gonna do it,' and she brings a whole 'nother aspect to politics because she's a mom, because she runs a household, and I just think she's really smart."

Filed under: Bristol Palin
  1. sara

I am truly at a loss for words. Don't these people understand just how foolish they look and sound. CNN, your in there too. I am moving on. Is there no respect for public office any more. If anyone cares, I just got a new snow shovel and some boots.

February 8, 2011 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  2. rosaadriana

OK CNN please stop with the Palins already. This is insane.

February 8, 2011 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  3. ben

So there's nothing too pressing going on in our country right now?

February 8, 2011 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  4. Mike In NJ

Yeeessss. " ...if a pressing problem needs to be addressed." Something Important. Forget the economy, strife in the Middle East, terrorism, the ballooning national Debt. I'm sure she could solve those mere nuisances in an afternoon.

Those 'common sense conservatives' – stupid "pinko commie highfalutin' Liberals" always trying to ruin all of their ingenious plans. But watch out – if a gay mexican tries to become a citizen and pass a combination law that allows him to get married AND keeps those deluxe 640-round clips off of her submachine gun – the one she 'hunts' with – she will bring the full force of her Epic Alaskan CuteWink to bear on that miserable sod, dontcha'know!

Seriouslty CNN, I rarely feel that your reporting isn't news, but here I have to agree. Matron Palin is Not-News enough; Miss Palin is just a young lady who still needs to find out what it is like to be a Mother, or hold an actual JOB, much less represent constituents. And 2(?!??!?) stories about her??? Please stop the crazy and/or stupid train. Serious Times call for Serious People. Could you think back and ask yourself, "Would Bernard Shaw find this newsworthy?"

February 8, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  5. Citizen

Till the republican leadership has the cojones to shut up Palin, she and her family will continue to trash this beautiful country. Unfortunately, except Sen. Graham (half-heartedly) no one has shown has the guts to say Palin and her family the fools they are. Kudos to the Palins for showing to the world that one can earn multi-million dollars glorifying sub-mediocrity. It is clear that there are anonymous benefactors who are paying Palin and her family to throw verbal bombs; and as long as the Palins can milk the system they will continue to do so. Capitalism at its perfection!

February 8, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  6. I Sure Don't

Did she even get her GED ever? This sickens me that hard working people all over the US and the world will never acquire the wealth that her and her clan have been able to make with no discernible skills whatsoever.

February 8, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  7. slipthalo

The only 'pressing issue' she could take care of would be to possibly iron a handkerchief. Also, her opinion of her mother regarding presidential qualifications just reinforces her lack of judgment.

February 8, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  8. Martin

Bristol is equating running a household with being President of the United States?

Shows she has about the same amount of brains as her mother.

I run my household too, and would be sorely underqualified to be President of anything, and happy to admit so.

All Sarah Palin needs to do is take the first step, admit she has a problem "My name is Sarah and I'm obsessed with self promotion".

February 8, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  9. FactCheck

What's her campaign motto going to be: "Cha-Ching" or "Dollar dollar bill y'all"?

February 8, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  10. JeriD

I love it! One long reality show in the White House! The Europeans, Chinese, and Middle Easterners would just have a ball!

February 8, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  11. Jack

And her education and credentials are???

February 8, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  12. Ryan Scalia

I think that Bristol Palin is qualified at all to run ,but on the other side Sarah Palin would be a great president. Just give the woman a chance and actually see what she stands for. If you think for yourself maby you might just like her.

February 8, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  13. Pioneer

I can't think of anything more fun that the Palin women running for office at the same time. How much fun will that be. Think of the comedians for a change. Since George left office there has been little material for laughs. This would get the country laughing again.
    Come on everyone where is your sense of humor???

February 8, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  14. mark

This entire family is about as dumb as the day is long. The people who support them really are some kind of special.

February 8, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  15. telrider

Now the political arena is Child's Play.

February 8, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  16. Superhiro

So..... if a really pressing problem arises, she'll run against it so as to ensure that it's proponents will get elected? Since there's absolutely no way she'd ever win an election?

February 8, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  17. mr. mark

US politics is becoming very similar to Itay's. The US needs to get back to strong focused leadership based on political experience and constitutionality. Politics should not be based on entertainment magazines.

February 8, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  18. goldwing6

I checked my calendar. It isn't April 1. You have to be kidding.

February 8, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  19. Lyn

Some of these comments are just so funny and we can Thank CNN for publishing this nonsense of another Palin running for office. The only think those wacko can run for is the next Dairy Queen treat.

February 8, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  20. Flabbergasted One

Didn't realize it was April Fool's Day already!!!

February 8, 2011 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  21. Anonymous

Her mom should run for President because she's a mom and has run a household. Gee, that qualifies just about everyone!

February 8, 2011 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  22. Tony in Maine

ROTFLMAO

Bristol Palin to run for what, Vice -President of the 8th Grade?

February 8, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  23. Jennchiz

She can run for Hussy of the year!

February 8, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  24. Marie MD

I've noticed that any mention of what the trashy hillbilly family kids have done is not published by CNN. What haooened to my other post CNN????? Everyone knows the whole family has been in trouble with the law at least once. why is that not considered news? Oh yeah, right, the goddess of darkness from AK and her family can walk on water.

February 8, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  25. herb

this is not NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop wasting our time