Bristol Palin to run for office?
February 8th, 2011

Bristol Palin to run for office?

(CNN) – Forget about Sarah. The next Palin to hold elective office just might be Bristol Palin.

The famous daughter of the former vice presidential candidate told E! News she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed.

"If I saw something that needed to be changed, then I would step up to the plate and do something about it," the former dancing with the Stars contestant said.

As for the other politician in the family, the younger Palin is urging her mom to run for president.

Filed under: Bristol Palin
  1. Truth Speaker

Sickening. The Palins are sickening and it's even more sickening that there are people in our country who take them seriously.

February 8, 2011 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  2. Root and stem

I have no doubt at all that most of the staff at CNN is strung out on heroine, crack, and whatever there Obamist craving require.

February 8, 2011 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  3. juliei4

So Bristol is urging mom to run for president because her mom has so much common sense. Really? Glad you love your mom, Bristol, but president – not. This doesn't say much about Bristol's common sense either.

February 8, 2011 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  4. Judas

As I always have the urge to drive an ice pick through my eardrums when I hear that screech owl mother of hers, I now want to gouge out my eyes after reading this incoherent stream of stupidity from the daughter. CNN, will you please declare “politicalticker” a Palin free zone and move this brood of village idiots to the entertainment section where they belong. Seriously, enough with these nitwits!

February 8, 2011 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  5. davo/kissimmee

America's newest STAR. Dummer than a box of rocks

February 8, 2011 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  6. Hot Patata

Just when you thought America couldn't get any stupider, it turns out that posting hateful Facebook rants to strangers and being a regular feature in "Us Weekly" are qualifications for elected office.

February 8, 2011 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  7. Donald in CA

PLEASE, enough of this palin thing. STOP idolizing idiots. Remember, charles manson gets more fan mail then any other inmate at the California prison that he is incarcerated.

February 8, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  8. once upon a horse

wow at one time Arizona was a state I had thought about possibly moving to when I retire. Now it seems to draw right wing nutjobs and their offsping. Remember that whacky so-called preacher that prayed for Obama's death was ALSO in Arizona. I have since added Arizona to South Carolina as a place I will NEVER choose to live in unless they come back to the 21st century.

February 8, 2011 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  9. reginad

Stupidity taken too far.I hope this is early April fools joke.There must be full moon,the crazy Palins are on the hunt.

February 8, 2011 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  10. John10112

'she "probably" will run for office some day if a pressing problem needs to be addressed.' – is that referring to the two big ones she has? Thats the only problem she can address. Come on, vote for her, America! You know you like her and her mother.

February 8, 2011 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  11. MP

“CNN you are fixated on the Palin family.”
    They are because you and I read it, then comment on it. She is controversial and that sells news. If you want her to go away, never post about her. Sara Hilton, Paris Palin, no no I have it, Sara Palin is now famous for being famous, thanks to us.

February 8, 2011 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  12. Silvio Renzulli

Like one idiot on a ticket wasn't enough. Just go away, both you and your mother!!!!!

February 8, 2011 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  13. frespech

The best thing about this post is I did not see any contrary remarks from anyone supporting Bristol or Sarah. Things are looking up.

February 8, 2011 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  14. Harriet Buggs

A chip off the old block! Apples don't fall far from the trees! Unbelievable! Where do these people get their sense of self worth?????

February 8, 2011 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  15. sue

Old picture. She looks totally different now. She "lost weight" from her chin. Looks weird.

February 8, 2011 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  16. Laughing in Mo

BOO to all of you who want the Palin's to go away!!! They are a never ending source of amusement. This is the best laugh I have had today. I love the use of " 'nother aspect".

February 8, 2011 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  17. foreign affairs

Looks like the Palins are building up excellent foreign policy experience; Sarah can see Russia from their front yard, Todd can see Canada from their backyard, and now Bristol can see Mexico from her house. Can't think of any presidential candidate family with such foreign policy experience/credentials. Sarah for president, Todd for "first-man", and Briston for VP. Michelle Bachman for Secy of State. Tea Party leaders will fill the Senate and House. Rest of the world population will move to Mars.

February 8, 2011 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  18. Al

So young...so wise, ho-hum.

February 8, 2011 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  19. guitarharry

Dear CNN: Stop it!! Stop talking about this moronic little kid! She is not news! The next time her press agent sends you something, ignore it. You are making a mockery of everything a news organization is supposed to stand for. You look ridiculous.

February 8, 2011 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  20. where is Dr. Phil?

Can we schedule an appointment for the Palin family with Dr. Phil?

February 8, 2011 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  21. Richard

This is great! This means any idiot can run for office if they see a problem. I may run for office so I can stop idiots from being able to run. I will pass a law that makes it impossible for anyone with a low IQ, related to a Palin or a general Idiot with a NRA membership to run for any place in office. I do own guns but think the NRA is nuts. Whew! I am glad I got that off my chest.

February 8, 2011 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  22. Person

And her qualifications are... ? Oh, wait, qualifications don't matter. Why would we want someone qualified to run for office? After all, the last C student we had as President did so well...

February 8, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  23. Kenneth

Thank you John McCain for making this "family" believe they could have ANY influence over the political arena. Unleashing the Palin clan on Americans truly was not a very patriotic thing to do. Bristol destroyed her chances at ANY political office when she stated, "I think she would be a wonderful president, and I still think that she should run," Bristol said. "She's just so common-sense conservative….just, 'Here's what we've gotta do and this is how we're gonna do it,' and she brings a whole 'nother aspect to politics because she's a mom, because she runs a household, and I just think she's really smart."

NUFF said ... yoooou BETCHA!

February 8, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  24. bdizzle

LOL! Did she say "Sarah Palin" and "common sense" in the same sentence?

February 8, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  25. MommaM

"Gee, d'ya think you should finish high school first?" I couldn't agree more.

February 8, 2011 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |