Obama calls injured reporter Lara Logan
February 16th, 2011

Obama calls injured reporter Lara Logan

Washington (CNN) - President Obama called injured CBS correspondent Lara Logan today according to a White House official. Logan, who had been covering the Egyptian revolution, was separated from her camera crew Friday in Tahrir Square as thousands of Egyptians gathered to celebrate President Hosni Mubarak's resignation.

A statement released Tuesday by CBS News said the correspondent "suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers."

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Dandy Sandy

In her news reports Logan ignored the beatings those "protestors" were giving those of opposing opinions and opposing political parties in that square- so those that attacked her were, in part and indirectly of her actions, thinking they were free to do anything they wanted to do in the eyes of foreigners, which they considered her to be. After the hundreds of beatings those "protestors" gave in terrorizing opponents to stay away who was to say anything about them attacking anybody?

February 16, 2011 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  2. once upon a horse

I wish the reporter well, but since when did they post the name of the victim in a sexual assault? I thought that was a NO-NO unless the victim gave permission for the press to do so.

February 16, 2011 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  3. duckbutter

so sad.. her boss needs to be careful where he sends women ... just like women in combat,,,, they don t need to be put in harms way....

February 16, 2011 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  4. jack

I noted at the end of Anderson's interview with Nir Rosen that Rosen said he was in Egypt covering the abuse of women by Egyptian troops.......trained by the United States Or US Army or however he phrased it. It makes me wonder if he has an ax to grind against the US since he may have been intimating to those so inclined to believe, that the US trainers trained the Egytians to abuse women.

February 16, 2011 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  5. pw

I'm glad laura logan is okay. Give credit to those egyptian women who came to her rescue.

February 16, 2011 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  6. pw

The egyptian soldiers also deserve credit.

February 16, 2011 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  7. concerned liberal

Let's see – how can I divert attention from my failed liberal promises and rolling over to the Republicans? I know let's make a media event out of me taking the spotlight and using a victim.

February 17, 2011 12:40 am at 12:40 am |