Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama
February 17th, 2011

Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama

Woodbury, New York (CNN) - Sarah Palin addressed a variety of issues Thursday at a gathering of business officials in Long Island, New York including her 2012 plans, first lady Michelle Obama, President Obama's proposed budget, the crisis in Egypt, and her feelings on the media.

Here's a snapshot of what she had to say:

On her 2012 ambitions:
"I am still thinking of leading this country. I am still thinking about it. I haven't made up my mind. We hired a chief of staff because Todd is getting tired of doing it for me."

When asked who else she might envision at the top of the GOP ticket Palin responded, "No one is more qualified to multi-tasking and doing all the things you need to do as a President than a woman."

She then began reciting from her resume, listing her experience as a mayor and running for Vice President.

"What I would look for in terms of character is someone who's been on the front lines, who understands how to administer, how to lead a team, how to run a business."

On Michelle Obama:
"No wonder Michelle Obama is telling people to breast feed their babies, because the price of milk is rising so high."

She then warned the dozens of reporters at her question and answer event, "That better not be the takeaway here."

On the threat from the Muslim Brotherhood:
"We have to be sure a group like the Muslim Brotherhood isn't invited in to take over," she said. "The Muslim Brotherhood believes in sharia law."

"If they're radical enough to have already spoken against liberties and freedom is this good for Egypt and their freedoms?" she also said.

Palin also criticized the Obama Administration for appearing to flip-flop on Egypt.

"There was so much confusion about where our administration was," Palin said. "I won't condemn them for adding to the confusion, but the American public does deserve to know whose side we're on."

On the media:
Asked her about a recent Gallup Poll indicating more than 50 percent of those surveyed have a negative opinion of her, Palin responded, "In a lot of those polls I get my butt kicked."

"The poll you're referring to was taken after the Tucson tragedy. I don't think I ever went through more negative press than after Tucson," she said.

"How else does the public know you except through the press? When the press reports things that have really misrepresented my record as a council member, mayor… and what you stand for and who your family is," Palin continued, pointing to her reliance on Twitter and Facebook for public communications.

"I can't rely on a liberal-leaning press to do that for you. That's why social media will be so important."

On the president's budget proposal:
President Obama's budget plan will take the country "on the road to ruin," Palin said.

"What the people of America are saying is, 'enough is enough no more status quo we don't want to continue deficit spending.'"

"Tone deaf politicians they're going to be fired and they're going to be replaced in the next election cycle if they don't pay attention," said Palin.

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. Darth Vadik, CA

What a moron, a quitter too....

February 17, 2011 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  2. NATHAN WIMBERLY

Just keep talkin Snooki,like you did after Tuscon.

February 17, 2011 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  3. Diana

She is an IDOT!!! She has no respect for anyone and cannot lead her dog!

February 17, 2011 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  4. Stacey

Palin will get her butt kicked if she runs for POTUS too. She is totally delusional, ignorant, a fraud and totally unqualified to be POTUS.

February 17, 2011 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  5. vic

I can't imagine this woman even thinking about running for president. The lack of knowledge that she displays is astounding and scary. We would be the laughing stock of the entire world if she ever became president of the US

February 17, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  6. DIANA

Please run and have Michele Bachmann as your running mate. We need the laughs and this would guarantee a win for President Obama, not that he has to worry about any of the looneys the right has to offer.

February 17, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  7. Joan

Her ignorance and lack of diplomatic skills are surpassed only by her huge ego. It will be awesome if Palin, Trump, Bachmann, Barbour and other like thinkers run for the Republican nomination. The debates will be great entertainlment.

February 17, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  8. NameOlga burke

You are a raving lunatic! A cruel and under educated right wing NUT JOB! YOU and people like you give Republicans a bad name! you should go back to school! That would help you tremendously you do not represent me or any intelligent woman I know!!! You are also a disgrace to AMERICA.

February 17, 2011 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  9. theidiotspeaksagain

Palin is getting upset. The other bimbo Bachmann is stealing her spotlight.

February 17, 2011 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  10. Name Jeremy from Dallas

Is Palin campaigning to be the 1st Lady or where is all this "Michelle Obama" jab comes from? If she wants to be Mrs Obama,then it is too late. Good luck on your ssnseless talk you moron....

February 17, 2011 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  11. Texaslil

What an idiot! Go away, Sarah Palin!

February 17, 2011 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  12. John D.

Good for you Sarah! Dem Tards hate it when Americans are told the truth!

February 17, 2011 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  13. AEK

And yet, not ONE concrete idea for any of the issues she discusses. What a great gig she's got. Criticize anyone and everyone and not have to come up with an original thought. Her buddies in the Tea Bag/Republican Party are just now finding out that spouting hatred and vindictive are WAY different than actually having to walk the walk and make the hard decisions that come with being in the Congress. She has neither the education nor the intellect for any role other than the one in which she has now settled herself. Just another mouth...just another right wing talking point!

February 17, 2011 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  14. NameArt Mahoney

The woman is an idiot

February 17, 2011 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  15. aatami.

Oh my god. She is such an idiot. Her chief of staff needs to tell her to shut up because she opens her mouth and it's obvious that she is completely uninformed and ignorant. Well, she's good for a laugh anyway.

February 17, 2011 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  16. Kathy

I am totally offended by Palin's swipes at our First Lady. This woman really needs to go away. She is just simply not a nice person. I do not understand what her followers see in her. I really do not.

February 17, 2011 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  17. Indy

Palin has never been on the frontlines in Alaska, and I am not sure how being found guilty of abuse of power would make her able to administer,or how being found guilty of expense fraud would help you run a business, and it is a well proven fact that Palin was a horrible leader that lead Wasilla into a huge deficit of 20 million which is a lot for a samll town. And by golly when you quit the people on your sworn oath, you sure as heck don't know how to lead, administer, or run a business

February 17, 2011 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  18. one voice

This NITWIT reminds me of a highschool cheerleader on the rag. PATHETIC

February 17, 2011 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  19. Joe

What a clown this idiot is, does even know half the stuff shes talking about. Once again a conservative blaming the media, because they themselves cant take ownership of their own failures, so they blame the media. Typical conservative tactic.

February 17, 2011 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  20. Leslie

Palin needs to GO AWAY!!! She is a BULLY and a TROUBLE MAKER!!!!

February 17, 2011 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  21. Inside Job

what is she still doing here? She is an IDIOT. Elle est tres tres bete, aucune intelligence.!!!!

February 17, 2011 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  22. Diana

Going ROGUE...

The Random House College Dictionary meaning for the word ROGUE:
    a dishonest knavish person; scoundrel.

KNAVE:
    an unprincipled or dishonest person.

February 17, 2011 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  23. Duke 13

I love this statement.

Ummm, Sarah read the Constitution. I believe it is necessary to get elected to lead this Country. I really don't think you and the "first dud" will ever see the inside of the White House other than possibly as guests.

February 17, 2011 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  24. Mikey

As much as we may not like the results, we do not get to dictate how other coutries choose to govern themselves. This is the same stupid neo-con thinking that got us into two wars and ran up $5T in deficits during the Bush Administration.

If we decide we are going to support democracy, then we have to be prepared to accept the consequences. Oh, and by the way, Palin and her supporters, who would decry a Muslim theocracy anywhere in the world, do not seem so opposed to imposing a Christian theocracy right her in the U.S.

February 17, 2011 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  25. anagram_kid

She knows full well that the day she finally comes clean and admits that she could not handle running for president, let alone the massive responsibilities the actual position entails, the gravy train will dry up. People who are superficial enough to still support her will quickly find another ‘anti-Obama’ to flock to.

February 17, 2011 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |