Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama
February 17th, 2011

Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama

Woodbury, New York (CNN) - Sarah Palin addressed a variety of issues Thursday at a gathering of business officials in Long Island, New York including her 2012 plans, first lady Michelle Obama, President Obama's proposed budget, the crisis in Egypt, and her feelings on the media.

Here's a snapshot of what she had to say:

On her 2012 ambitions:
"I am still thinking of leading this country. I am still thinking about it. I haven't made up my mind. We hired a chief of staff because Todd is getting tired of doing it for me."

When asked who else she might envision at the top of the GOP ticket Palin responded, "No one is more qualified to multi-tasking and doing all the things you need to do as a President than a woman."

She then began reciting from her resume, listing her experience as a mayor and running for Vice President.

"What I would look for in terms of character is someone who's been on the front lines, who understands how to administer, how to lead a team, how to run a business."

On Michelle Obama:
"No wonder Michelle Obama is telling people to breast feed their babies, because the price of milk is rising so high."

She then warned the dozens of reporters at her question and answer event, "That better not be the takeaway here."

On the threat from the Muslim Brotherhood:
"We have to be sure a group like the Muslim Brotherhood isn't invited in to take over," she said. "The Muslim Brotherhood believes in sharia law."

"If they're radical enough to have already spoken against liberties and freedom is this good for Egypt and their freedoms?" she also said.

Palin also criticized the Obama Administration for appearing to flip-flop on Egypt.

"There was so much confusion about where our administration was," Palin said. "I won't condemn them for adding to the confusion, but the American public does deserve to know whose side we're on."

On the media:
Asked her about a recent Gallup Poll indicating more than 50 percent of those surveyed have a negative opinion of her, Palin responded, "In a lot of those polls I get my butt kicked."

"The poll you're referring to was taken after the Tucson tragedy. I don't think I ever went through more negative press than after Tucson," she said.

"How else does the public know you except through the press? When the press reports things that have really misrepresented my record as a council member, mayor… and what you stand for and who your family is," Palin continued, pointing to her reliance on Twitter and Facebook for public communications.

"I can't rely on a liberal-leaning press to do that for you. That's why social media will be so important."

On the president's budget proposal:
President Obama's budget plan will take the country "on the road to ruin," Palin said.

"What the people of America are saying is, 'enough is enough no more status quo we don't want to continue deficit spending.'"

"Tone deaf politicians they're going to be fired and they're going to be replaced in the next election cycle if they don't pay attention," said Palin.

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. George

I envision a ticket of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman. Their banner can be, "We can win by showing more skin", and indeed, they have my vote if they do. I want to see a lot more bend overs with low cut blouses, up skirts and spreads, no bra or panties, then they can be President and Vice President, no problem.

February 17, 2011 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  2. p

She' still "thinking about leading this country". That is freakin classic!
    Does she really think that her constant barrage of ignorant battery acid spewing takes, is really doing anything positive for her or her political aspirations?
    I guess she does. Just proves that she's a joke, and not fit to lead anybody or anything.

February 17, 2011 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  3. George

I love America, where anyone can grow up to be president.

February 17, 2011 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  4. Danea from Texas

If she won the presidency we are all in trouble and I would definitely be worried about the mental health of my fellow Americans.

February 17, 2011 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  5. mfhpr

GSMITH...YOU are a FUNNY, FUNNY man! There was NOTHING wrong with the U.S.A. when W. left it in Obama's hands, right? Right...got back to your leader and believe everything IT says...you know what I'm referring to...

February 17, 2011 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  6. geecee

Of all the comments that have been posted on this article, there appear to be only two that are favorable to Sarah Palin. And I'm not sure if these two were actually serious!! Someone has got to try to tell this woman to stop making a fool of herself. She is a dimwit who just runs her mouth to hear herself talk. She makes no sense whatsoever. She is hateful, and I think that is why she has a following. She has the "bullhorn" to shout her anger and hatred about our President and his wife and she says what a lot of bigots are thinking so they continue to support this charlatan, even though she is making money off them and using them for her own enrichment. She spews their hatred for them. Stupid, angry people do exist in this Country and their spokeswoman Palin is a sad excuse for a human being.

February 17, 2011 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  7. Annie, Atlanta

And furthermore – why are the Republicans allowing her to destroy the party with her divisive hate? I'm baffled. Sure, she can get people rallied up. But is this how they want it done – with stupidity and hate? Like I said, baffled.

February 17, 2011 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  8. Citizen

Thank you Ms. Palin for your barrage venomous verbiage. With friends like you GOP does not need enemies.

February 17, 2011 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  9. Tam

God help America! How many of these delusional people are out there? No grey matter at all, and so dense she doesn't realize she's totally stupid. And there's no cure for that.

February 17, 2011 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  10. lmt

Whatever happened to leaving family members out of the political discussion and criticism? Palin has broken this rule at least three times that I can count. What a douce!

February 17, 2011 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  11. Bob Dog

Palin is starting to look more unattractive by the day. Is she gaining weight? It looks like she is aging quickly under the strain of so much cheap, self-serving superficiality. What a clown. If she keeps this up, she won't do as much damage to the republicans as I had hoped in 2012.

February 17, 2011 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  12. Kim

She is an IDIOT!!!!!

February 17, 2011 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  13. Palin: Like Coulter ... Minus the Manparts

This woman is more dense than most of the ice in Alaska and more shallow than a pool of saliva.

February 17, 2011 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  14. travelightly

Sarah, shop at Trader Joe's. Their milk is very reasonable. Oh, you probably think Trader Joe's is elitist. But hey, "Joe" get it? Like a 'regular Joe.' Like 'Joe the Plumber,' Joe:)

February 17, 2011 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  15. gar

Palin is disgusting trash. Her hatred of the American way of life is treasonous.

February 17, 2011 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  16. UFO2012

Sarah, you should know the whole world throw up when they hear your non-sense.
    Peace on Earth happens when you shut your shitty mouth! SHUT UP STUPID !!!

February 17, 2011 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  17. EddyL

Does this moron ever shut her mouth? SHUT THE HELL UP!

February 17, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  18. Jack

It seems that every time any of the republican's open their mouth; to pull their foot out of their mouth, they only succeed in stuffing their other foot in.

If as a conservative I see it, I truly wonder what the rest of the world thinks?

February 17, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  19. Jay, Gainesville, FL

Sarah, your a freaking idiot. In fact, thats an insult to idiots. You take no responsibility. Its that everyone else is wrong but you. Well, sweetie, dream on. Your so dumb that dumb people look down on you. You disgust me.

February 17, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  20. joeamerican

Both of the OBAMA'S are a national embarrassment. Both are the beneficiaries of the affirmative action mentality that exists in this country. Barack's election was bought and paid for by foreign interests, his friends in the middle east. Michelle is just plain angry at whitey.........especially a white woman from Alaska! Go Sarah GO!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  21. Hark-Bob

Most of you talk a good game but could not hold up in a one-on-one debate with this woman. Keep spewing the hate...it makes for great entrtainment. Isn't ignorance bliss?

February 17, 2011 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  22. lcasey

This woman. This idiot. This stupid, stupid person.
    Does she really believe people are feeding their newborns dairy milk? Or that a kindergartner is breastfeeding?
    I do want this woman to run for POTUS..... I want Mrs. Obama to be First Lady for another term......her running will assure it.

February 17, 2011 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  23. Rdepontb

SHAME ON YOU, CNN, for continuing to bombard us with her trivia. Please, we ask you once again, be more even-handed in your coverage here.

February 17, 2011 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  24. PT

She is a 100% certified MORON with ABSOLUTELY NO CLASS or BRAINS. I am REPUBLICAN and I am truly ashamed of her. She needs to STOP acting like this and control the DONKEY inside her. Man!! how does her husband tolerate her....

February 17, 2011 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  25. Zaphod2000

@George – NOOOOOOOOOOO, showing more skin? We are not talking spring chickens here. There is obviously some surgery or botox going on, but really, more skin?????
    Since she thinks in her own silly tiny little mind that knows so much about foreign policy (excuse me while I gag-can she see Egypt from her backyard?) can we send her to any one of these countries next time they riot against their government. Let her see first hand what it entails to really fight for freedom as opposed to like she and her husband secede from the Union.

February 17, 2011 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |