Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama
February 17th, 2011

Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama

Woodbury, New York (CNN) - Sarah Palin addressed a variety of issues Thursday at a gathering of business officials in Long Island, New York including her 2012 plans, first lady Michelle Obama, President Obama's proposed budget, the crisis in Egypt, and her feelings on the media.

Here's a snapshot of what she had to say:

On her 2012 ambitions:
"I am still thinking of leading this country. I am still thinking about it. I haven't made up my mind. We hired a chief of staff because Todd is getting tired of doing it for me."

When asked who else she might envision at the top of the GOP ticket Palin responded, "No one is more qualified to multi-tasking and doing all the things you need to do as a President than a woman."

She then began reciting from her resume, listing her experience as a mayor and running for Vice President.

"What I would look for in terms of character is someone who's been on the front lines, who understands how to administer, how to lead a team, how to run a business."

On Michelle Obama:
"No wonder Michelle Obama is telling people to breast feed their babies, because the price of milk is rising so high."

She then warned the dozens of reporters at her question and answer event, "That better not be the takeaway here."

On the threat from the Muslim Brotherhood:
"We have to be sure a group like the Muslim Brotherhood isn't invited in to take over," she said. "The Muslim Brotherhood believes in sharia law."

"If they're radical enough to have already spoken against liberties and freedom is this good for Egypt and their freedoms?" she also said.

Palin also criticized the Obama Administration for appearing to flip-flop on Egypt.

"There was so much confusion about where our administration was," Palin said. "I won't condemn them for adding to the confusion, but the American public does deserve to know whose side we're on."

On the media:
Asked her about a recent Gallup Poll indicating more than 50 percent of those surveyed have a negative opinion of her, Palin responded, "In a lot of those polls I get my butt kicked."

"The poll you're referring to was taken after the Tucson tragedy. I don't think I ever went through more negative press than after Tucson," she said.

"How else does the public know you except through the press? When the press reports things that have really misrepresented my record as a council member, mayor… and what you stand for and who your family is," Palin continued, pointing to her reliance on Twitter and Facebook for public communications.

"I can't rely on a liberal-leaning press to do that for you. That's why social media will be so important."

On the president's budget proposal:
President Obama's budget plan will take the country "on the road to ruin," Palin said.

"What the people of America are saying is, 'enough is enough no more status quo we don't want to continue deficit spending.'"

"Tone deaf politicians they're going to be fired and they're going to be replaced in the next election cycle if they don't pay attention," said Palin.

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. GOP Hate America

Conservatives are like a bunch of school children its always about teasing people never never never coming up with any solutions whatsoever.

February 17, 2011 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  2. lisa in Honolulu

Seems like "the press" is always "misrepresenting" Palin. What a convenient excuse. Here's what I think. We don't need an excuse or the press to see that she is more impressed with herself than anyone else. But I do love watching her continue to make a fool of herself. And I really love that she is all the Republicans have. And even they don't like her. Keep it up Palin. You're hilarious!

February 17, 2011 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  3. charles

My favorite show on cable was Countdown With Keith Olberman. Responding to Sarah Palin, I will quote keith, : This woman is an idiot!!! If this is all we have to lead this great country, we are finished!!!

February 17, 2011 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  4. Joe

So Sarah Palin didn't breast feed her children and doesn't think mother's should. I really wanted to know that.

February 17, 2011 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  5. drp

Sarah...give it up. You are so out there in la la land.

February 17, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  6. Vern

Oh please, running a town of a few thousand(I'm being generous in that amount) to a state with the population of a big city.... Tell us about your travels outside the US, Canada and Mexico don;t count. How can you remark on things you have not experienced, Twitter away you twit

February 17, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  7. Lori

This woman is really embarrassing herself know. She's starting to believe her own press. Oh wait that's because she writes it!

February 17, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  8. Adam

I hope she is nominated by the Elephants. It will be a joy to see her systematically taken to pieces in debates. I cant wait.

February 17, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  9. Tiffany

Obvilously Sarah cannot find a creditible complaint about President Obama so now she is aiming at Michelle. Thank Sarah for confirming Obama back into office in 2012.

February 17, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  10. Drod3

The big question for Sarah is not will you run but when will you say your not going to run.

February 17, 2011 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  11. clueless, dumb and crude

her light is dimming

February 17, 2011 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  12. jeff, alabama

I agree with her on everything
    she said except for the shot at
    Michelle Obama.
    I think a politician's family is off
    limits. Although with Palin that
    has never been true with the media.
    I don't like Obama's naive politics
    but I think his wife is a neat lady.
    I think he is alright personally, but
    he lives in an ideological political
    world of his own.

February 17, 2011 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  13. ursula

Did she say anything about her family being covered by federal health insurance by the Indian Health Service, paid for by US taxpayers?

February 17, 2011 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  14. Stephanie

I'll vote for MICKEY MOUSE before I vote for another Republican EVER again- and stupid, pompous, ignorant, greedy Sarah Palin is the prime example of why that is... disgusting.

February 17, 2011 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  15. Anonymous

Quote:
    "I am still thinking of leading this country. I am still thinking about it. I haven't made up my mind."

Someone needs to tell palin that she can think about leading this country all she wants but she'll never lead anything. And if palin hasn't made up her mind the country has. palin will never be President.

February 17, 2011 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  16. Gov. Hosni Mubarak Walker from Wisconsin

I would like to add Willard Bullock to the list in my earlier post.

February 17, 2011 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  17. CIA

Never anything constructive. How about the legitimate reasons for breast feeding a baby regardless of the price of milk?

Honestly, I understand that people have different political beliefs, but it baffles me that anybody takes her seriously. If I see somebody with a dem or rep bumper sticker I don't think twice. When I see a "Sarah!" sticker I do my best to avoid that person.

February 17, 2011 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  18. Dave

She just gets funnier and funnier, and sadder and sadder. Her qualifications for being president are "as a mayor and running for Vice President"? At least she didn't list her last gig as Governor, from which she quit.

About her gaffe around the Tucson shooting, she blames the media and claims "That's why social media will be so important." Um, Sarah, everyone was responding to the garbage that YOU directly put out through social media channels! There was no media filter whatsoever!

But the funniest quote has to be "I am still thinking of leading this country. I am still thinking about it." Yeah, Sarah. You keep on thinking about it.

February 17, 2011 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  19. shojayxt

Quote:

February 17, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  20. Ben Ben

Her and her party will lead the country to ruin.

February 17, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  21. Brian, NJ

Don't worry Sarah, most of us are thinking of NOT letting you lead this country.

February 17, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  22. MEW55

How dare she!!!!!! The b***h isn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Michelle Obama, let alone criticize her! Particularly since the Republicans are TOTALLY to blame for the entire economic mess! But the idiot thinks that it's perfectly fine to walk away from your responsibilities and let others clean up the mess you made, right? You Betcha! DANGEROUS AND IGNORANT IS THE WORST COMBINATION IMAGINABLE!

February 17, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  23. Roscoe

Just what the country needs. Deep in trouble in 2012 and the president decides to quit. Or, use the FBI to go after her ex-brother in law.....or, Todd is the hooker stories turn out to be true.

February 17, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  24. Bill

She is going to play this as long as she can. She is not presidential material, except as president of a trailer park. She just can't rise above the gutter sniping comments. She's just like the mean girl in the schoolyard who's popular until 12th grade then gets a job in the town piggly wiggly when everyone else has moved on with their lives. She does provide entertainment however.

February 17, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  25. Jerry

What an ignorant twat. Palin epitomises the stupidity of the ridiculous tea party. Go away Sarah, you're a loser and an incredible fool. Ugh!!!!!

February 17, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |