Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama
February 17th, 2011

Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama

Woodbury, New York (CNN) - Sarah Palin addressed a variety of issues Thursday at a gathering of business officials in Long Island, New York including her 2012 plans, first lady Michelle Obama, President Obama's proposed budget, the crisis in Egypt, and her feelings on the media.

Here's a snapshot of what she had to say:

On her 2012 ambitions:
"I am still thinking of leading this country. I am still thinking about it. I haven't made up my mind. We hired a chief of staff because Todd is getting tired of doing it for me."

When asked who else she might envision at the top of the GOP ticket Palin responded, "No one is more qualified to multi-tasking and doing all the things you need to do as a President than a woman."

She then began reciting from her resume, listing her experience as a mayor and running for Vice President.

"What I would look for in terms of character is someone who's been on the front lines, who understands how to administer, how to lead a team, how to run a business."

On Michelle Obama:
"No wonder Michelle Obama is telling people to breast feed their babies, because the price of milk is rising so high."

She then warned the dozens of reporters at her question and answer event, "That better not be the takeaway here."

On the threat from the Muslim Brotherhood:
"We have to be sure a group like the Muslim Brotherhood isn't invited in to take over," she said. "The Muslim Brotherhood believes in sharia law."

"If they're radical enough to have already spoken against liberties and freedom is this good for Egypt and their freedoms?" she also said.

Palin also criticized the Obama Administration for appearing to flip-flop on Egypt.

"There was so much confusion about where our administration was," Palin said. "I won't condemn them for adding to the confusion, but the American public does deserve to know whose side we're on."

On the media:
Asked her about a recent Gallup Poll indicating more than 50 percent of those surveyed have a negative opinion of her, Palin responded, "In a lot of those polls I get my butt kicked."

"The poll you're referring to was taken after the Tucson tragedy. I don't think I ever went through more negative press than after Tucson," she said.

"How else does the public know you except through the press? When the press reports things that have really misrepresented my record as a council member, mayor… and what you stand for and who your family is," Palin continued, pointing to her reliance on Twitter and Facebook for public communications.

"I can't rely on a liberal-leaning press to do that for you. That's why social media will be so important."

On the president's budget proposal:
President Obama's budget plan will take the country "on the road to ruin," Palin said.

"What the people of America are saying is, 'enough is enough no more status quo we don't want to continue deficit spending.'"

"Tone deaf politicians they're going to be fired and they're going to be replaced in the next election cycle if they don't pay attention," said Palin.

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. gregor99

Thank God reality ty pays more than gov't. Thats why I'm not worried about her running for President. The pay is too low. Too bad Hollywood Squares isn't on anymore.

February 17, 2011 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  2. Poolchick

A stick has a better chance of being president than she does. What a moron and don't understand how she isn't embarassed of things she's said or done. Does she not realize that the people don't like her. Maybe her so called good friends should fill her in. Afterall, that's what friends are for.

February 17, 2011 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  3. Cat

Palin is a moron. She is uneducated and has nerve to mock anyone. Palin is a bigot, a racist and totally stupid.

February 17, 2011 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  4. Katlyn

Sarah Palin is a freaking joke, a arrogant nobody. She is also swollen with hershelf, and now we have to endure the very sight of her...... Personally, Im sick of this wanna be Barbie, and her lame daughter Bristol !!!!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  5. tnuck

Clearly this woman was weaned from moose milk.

February 17, 2011 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  6. john mantuano

Donald Trump 2012!!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  7. Dan A

Bachman and Palin–I wonder what color the sky is in their world !!!!!

February 17, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  8. ThinkAgain

GSMITH "Change that will work for prosperity"? Palin quit mid-term during a governorship of one of the most socialist states in our country, where every Alaskan receives a payoff from the state government from the oil companies. What were her challenges? Maintaining Alaska's ranking as the #1 recipient of earmarks?

She can't handle governing, she can't handle raising a special-needs child, she can't handle criticism without name-calling, blaming and whining like a spoiled brat. She can't handle anything except spouting off her mouth and conning folks out of their hard-earned money with her nonsense.

Our country deserves a whole lot better than Caribou Barbie. Only a fool believes otherwise.

February 17, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  9. MiddleOfTheRoad

Our national embarrassment at her best. Keep it comin' Sarah.

February 17, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  10. Susan

A degee from a junior college in communication, being a mayor of a one horse town, and governor of the least poplulated state makes her ready to be president. She would have us being at war with most of the world because she is unable to show restraint and good judgement in her remarks. When you are president it is important to be able not to comment. The woman is an idiot.

February 17, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  11. ART

It is obvious why she had a retarded kid ,the apple does not fall far from the tree

February 17, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  12. Bee

Sarah Palin you are an imbecile..I can see Wasilla from my house. GO HOME IDIOT....

February 17, 2011 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  13. Mark

The truth hurts I guess. There is not one thing she says here that isn't true.

February 17, 2011 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  14. guy

Ms Palin shows such class. it maybe lower class, but it's class just the same.

February 17, 2011 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  15. willie thomas

A real pig would not want to be PAlIN, lipstick or not.

February 17, 2011 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  16. Mary

It does my heart good to read the posts here. I have been reading FOX news posts recently and I worry that the country is drifting toward their lunacy. I actually think we should all support Sarah in her bid for the Republican nomination. It would certainly ensure an easy Democratic win!

February 17, 2011 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  17. AstroBoy

Imagine the unbelievably low level of intelligence required to believe Palin is actually smart.

February 17, 2011 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  18. Unit34AHunt

Sarah Palin, the brunette bimbo of the north, also known in Alaska as "The Quitting Quitter who Quit Because She Could Not Take the Pressure" has no business commenting on anything, anywhere, ever. I'm a Goldwater conservative and I would not vote for Palin for anything.

February 17, 2011 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  19. T'sah from Virginia

TRENDING: Palin talks 2012, mocks Michelle Obama

(It figures it would be Woodbury, NY she is speaking at – She should have went to Hempstead, Westbury or Freeport, LI – She wouldn’t be talking that crap about Michelle Obama, that’s for sure and all the other CRAP that comes out of her mouth)!! With that said…

["I am still thinking of leading this country…”]
    Because I got class, money and live like sultry (gr)!!
    [I am still thinking about it. I haven't made up my mind.]
    So drop me a few $$$$$$$$$ if you would be so kind!!

[“We hired a chief of staff because Todd is getting tired of doing it for me."]
    Because Todd feels you don’t qualify and you’re running around Scott Free!!!
    And YES I am running and I will run – you will see!!
    Because [“No one is more qualified to multi-tasking] than me

Then she talks about Michelle, Muslim Brotherhood, and the media
    And she even talked “budget” without consulting the encyclopedia
    But it means NOTHING because her rhetoric is still the same
    Dang it’s a shame that this lame is so desperate for FAME!!

Please go away SARAH!!

February 17, 2011 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  20. Jerry

her approval rating here looks to be about 1%
    I will never for McCain for unleashing this utter moron.

February 17, 2011 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  21. Margie

Oh joy I hope Palin doesn't go away. She gives me a laugh when I get down from all the political mess the republicans have made of this country. No jobs, no economy, no absolutely nothing. And how the stupid straw for brains people voted for them. Keep it up Sarah, you're better than most of the comics on cable.

February 17, 2011 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  22. sd in sg

Thanks a lot McCain! /sarcasm off

February 17, 2011 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  23. Emma

What makes me sick is this idiot is making millions on being an idiot. I hope she gets hers when the GOP starts growing balls during the debates!

February 17, 2011 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  24. David

She is so boring. Repeats the same thing over and over again.

February 17, 2011 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  25. ursula

Part of her record was raising taxes on the oil producers (job producers) and then giving a one time bonus of over $1,000 to every man, woman, and child in Alaska, free money, free of charge. Ask Sarah about socialism, she knows all about it. Ask her why she was so happy to get Venezuela's Chavez to deliver heating oil to the western villagers whom she wrote off. She doesn't have to worry about the press misrepresenting her record, she has to worry about HIDING it.

February 17, 2011 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |