Huckabee: I've never bumped into Palin at Fox
February 24th, 2011

Huckabee: I've never bumped into Palin at Fox

Washington (CNN) - They're colleagues on cable news, but Fox News Channel contributors and potential 2012 presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin aren't exactly work buddies.

"I don't think I've ever bumped into Sarah Palin ever at Fox," Huckabee said in an interview Thursday with CNN Chief National Correspondent John King.

Huckabee was responding to a question from King about the number of potential candidates who also have contracts as contributors at Fox. Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich also appear on the cable channel.

In his answer, Huckabee tried to defend the set-up, which some have criticized as compromising Fox's ability to objectively cover the 2012 race.

"The one thing about Fox that people miss is that there really is this big wall between the news guys and the program guys," Huckabee said. "I mean I'm on the program side, I don't pretend to be objective. I'm not. But I would say our news guys, they're objective."

King's interview with Huckabee aired Thursday evening.

Filed under: Mike Huckabee • Sarah Palin
  1. Patrick from Minnesota

And this is news why?

February 24, 2011 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  2. mirroronthewallmirror

Snow White leads The Seven Dwarfs

The GOP will soon be known as the Party of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs with Sarah "Snow White" Palin leading such GOP Dwarfs as Huckabee, Gingrich, Pawlenty, Daniels, Barbour, Romney and Ron Paul. When Snow White leads, The Seven Dwarfs follow.

February 24, 2011 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  3. Mtnjim

Of course a number of GOP potential presidential candidates work at Fox "News", it's the GOP propaganda machine.

February 24, 2011 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  4. Barry

How is this a surprise? Or news? When they hired her, all the news reports talked about the studio they were building at her Wasilla home.

February 24, 2011 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  5. josephine

Huckabee and Palin would be an awesome duo for 2012. This team could be a shoo-in should they decide to join forces. Nobody else comes to mind that could most likely beat the incumbent president.

February 24, 2011 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  6. ED FL

come on CNN try and do something new except follow fox and Palin. Lets face it you ONCE were a proud and competent news media , you output now smells to high heaven.Get back some back bone and once again get some integrity and use your old expertise to recapture some credibility. I have wandered to Msnbc and they have become as boring as CNN . I keep trying to find a network that offer more intelligent info and reasons to keep coming back . I am about ready to once again try RADIO>

February 24, 2011 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  7. TM

Fox News objective?! Has Huckabee watched even ONE MINUTE of of their programming over the last TEN YEARS?!

February 24, 2011 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  8. Root and stem

Is the coke and horse flowing inside the White House tonight as usual ??? Party hearty Barry O !

February 24, 2011 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  9. Ken

Too bad. The two could see what a LOSER looks like.

February 24, 2011 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  10. I hear ya

I hear ya (wink wink).. what a bunch of one sided jokes

February 24, 2011 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  11. Joshua Ludd

Who cares who ran into who out of the multiple contenders for the GOP nomination that work for Fox News?

February 24, 2011 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  12. trex

Oh well, the way the headline was, I though Huck found palin's brain in the trash bin , or something.

February 24, 2011 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  13. patnamm

"I mean I'm on the program side, I don't pretend to be objective. I'm not.

There you have it folks.

February 24, 2011 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  14. jan

Most telling statement in the article "But I would say our news guys, they're objective"

February 24, 2011 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  15. OneMoreTime

I don't give a Hoover Dam about who Huckabee has "run into" at Fox. But, if it is OK with him, and all of the other
    uninformed critics of President Obama, understand that he is trying to get our American citizens out of the
    country as quickly and safely as possible. "Huck" is right, he knows nothing of what is going on behind the
    scenes, and for him, Palin, Fox Noise, etc to intrude on the delicate dealings is an atrocity. I guarandamtee you
    that Palin would be squealing like the lipsticked pig that she is, if she were stuck in a dangerous situation, she
    would want out, and she would want all others to shut up until she is safe. After all, it is all about her. Gag!

February 24, 2011 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  16. neil

Of course you haven't dopey.She doesn't go to Fox.She makes her comments from her living room in lake Lucille.Can you say contract renegotiation?

February 24, 2011 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  17. T'sah from Virginia

Blah, blah, blah!!! Once a sneaky FOX – always a sneaky FOX!!!

February 24, 2011 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  18. John C Asmussen

Oh really? Just this morning the news anchor, reporting on the unrest in Libya, referred to Al Queda head as "OBAMA BIN LADEN.....er, I meant Osama bin Laden.... Yeah, sure...... They simply cannot hide their contempt for the President, and show their so-called "objectivity" every chance they get.

February 24, 2011 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  19. jon

Cnn must be really desperate to make this news. CNN is becoming joke,,Who cares if Huckabee and Palin has never run into each other. Palin is irrelevant so lets stop comment on her.

February 24, 2011 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  20. Chris

I find the new side pretty objective overall ...except for the snide comments and little facial expression changes when reporting liberal perspectives

February 24, 2011 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  21. Gaylon Barrow

What's the stupid Liberals trying to drum up now. So what if the two did go hand in hand into Fox Network. What is wrong with that. They will be hand in hand when it comes time to take over the White House. Obama if I was you I would not wait like Kadafi I would start packing now. Kadafi will not have the chance to pack up and leave. Another Yyear and a half of you may cause you the same embarrassment. This is not a threat. i'm sure your departure will be peaceful, but don't spend any more money you can't and will never pay back.

February 24, 2011 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  22. CC

Objective, okay...I'm objective too, and think that this comment is absurd. In reality we as Americans are all looking
    for someone that can lead this country into the new era; where education, going green, science and cleaning up
    the economy are vital....but to think that someone that is in the box (the inside of the boob tube) can say he is objective
    and might run for government is as landish as Palin thinking she has common sense. Pure entertainment is what these television host represent that want to be politicans.

February 24, 2011 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  23. Alex Santana

Huckleberry would know if he bumped into Palin...if he did, thousands of bats would fly out of her rats nest of a hairdo and he would know...he is lucky not to have. Has no one told her that women her age don't dress like they are 19. Can you imagine her representing the US on a world stage? OMG...what a disgraceful woman she is.

February 24, 2011 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  24. Joe B-b-b-b-bob

Really, Mike? You really think the Faux News(?) people are objective? Seriously? Honestly? Like they're reporting the facts, the truth, and nothing but? Kind of puts your own credibility on the line - at least.

February 24, 2011 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  25. Larry L

He believes the Faux news guys are "objective". Can he see Russia from his porch?

February 24, 2011 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |