Huckabee: I've never bumped into Palin at Fox
February 24th, 2011

Huckabee: I've never bumped into Palin at Fox

Washington (CNN) - They're colleagues on cable news, but Fox News Channel contributors and potential 2012 presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin aren't exactly work buddies.

"I don't think I've ever bumped into Sarah Palin ever at Fox," Huckabee said in an interview Thursday with CNN Chief National Correspondent John King.

Huckabee was responding to a question from King about the number of potential candidates who also have contracts as contributors at Fox. Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich also appear on the cable channel.

In his answer, Huckabee tried to defend the set-up, which some have criticized as compromising Fox's ability to objectively cover the 2012 race.

"The one thing about Fox that people miss is that there really is this big wall between the news guys and the program guys," Huckabee said. "I mean I'm on the program side, I don't pretend to be objective. I'm not. But I would say our news guys, they're objective."

King's interview with Huckabee aired Thursday evening.

Filed under: Mike Huckabee • Sarah Palin
  1. pprty

Dancing with the Stars. . . . ?

February 24, 2011 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  2. Dean

Thats right, you nailed it. Fox News is pretty fair and balanced in the news but the programs are very conservative. Just because the majority of the major networks are lefty liberals doesn't intimidate a conservative from standing on whats right.

February 24, 2011 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  3. GOP = Greed Over People

Should youliteraaly 'run into" the grizzly grifter, let us know if the rack has been enhanced!

February 24, 2011 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  4. Larry

Sounds like a way to give overly large donations to members of just one party.

February 24, 2011 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  5. GOP = Greed Over People

With the paucity of morals between the Huckster and the pole dancer Paln willing to sell hers if the price is right, they may not be work buddies but I would take bets they are at least "friends with benefits"

February 24, 2011 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  6. Iowaeyes

Objective? Really? When they keep asking the same leading questions? "Do you believe Obama was born in America"?

February 24, 2011 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  7. Robrob

"the set-up, which some have criticized as compromising Fox's ability to objectively cover the 2012 race."

Gee, ya' think?

February 24, 2011 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  8. seneca

Yeah, Fox is Objective, they objectify blonde reporters everyday.

February 24, 2011 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  9. Paul 1st

The Fox news guys are objective. Too bad there are no Fox news guys,but only program guys who don't try to be objective.

February 24, 2011 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  10. Marie MD

First of all huckster, there is no divide between the "news" and "program" guys. Ask that news blonde, whatever her name is, who can't remember anything she says but she can lie and is far from being objective. Never mind the three amigos in the morning. doocey(sp?) used to be on TV here in the DC area. The only story I remember is one about a dancing kitty that he had to cover. Cute cat, but he really didn't dance.
    That being said you probably don't run into the she devil because she has a nice little room in wasilla that she stinks up with her brain fart pieces from there. ricky from PA and newt are invisible figures because they are nobodys!

February 24, 2011 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  11. Rod

"I don't think I've ever bumped into Sarah Palin ever at Fox," Huckabee said.

I wonder if Huckabee ever ran into Lou Sarah at FOX?

February 24, 2011 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  12. Lisa Mitchell

There is nothing objective about anything coming from Fox and for Huckabee to even say somthing so obviously false, tells me EVERYTHING I need to know about Huckabees lack of integrity~ Thanks Mike, your bible didn't teach you much about being honest eh?

February 24, 2011 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  13. shut it

the word palin does not make news you guys are inane

February 24, 2011 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  14. steven harnack

He doesn't think that he has? He doesn't know? Now here is a real sharp tool!

February 24, 2011 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  15. Dave

Why would this be a surprise? Sarah Palin lives in Alaska!.... She not ACTUALLY in the room most of time when she is on Fox......they do it with cameras and stuff.

February 24, 2011 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  16. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

The problem is that there are no news people at Fox. Huckabee at least is honest that he is partisan and biased.

February 24, 2011 11:37 pm at 11:37 pm |
  17. Pat in IL

"....they're objective". He's joking, right???

February 25, 2011 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  18. BobInIrvine

So only "some" have criticized the set-up [at Fox News, where likely Republican presidential candidates roost as "contributors"] as compromising Fox's ability to objectively cover [the 2012 election]?

I only hope that "some" becomes "most" or "the vast majority" very very soon!

February 25, 2011 12:21 am at 12:21 am |
  19. Aaron

If he wants to find Palin, just follow the trail of idiot crumbs.

February 25, 2011 12:27 am at 12:27 am |
  20. Vynn

Sorry Huck, but the news side is biased also. I was a military analyst for 22 years. In addition to analyzing tons of data, we also kept an eye on three news stations...MSNBC, CNN, and Fox. I was not John Q. Public getting the news. I was one of those in the know about what the news was reporting about our military operations in the Middle East. There were many instances when I found Fox reporting news stories that were false, or highly opinionated and often disagreed with the facts on my desk. I never caught CNN in that same postion, and MSNBC rarely. I suspect that the reason you don't see it is because you are not in the know anymore.

February 25, 2011 12:31 am at 12:31 am |
  21. FauxNews

Anytime a politician calls a news organization, "our guys", is not good. Down with faux news!

February 25, 2011 12:39 am at 12:39 am |
  22. Obama Leads

Doesn't quitter palin do her fox segments from her Alaska home studio? I am sure she does.

February 25, 2011 01:06 am at 1:06 am |
  23. Tanbiker2

Huckabee and Palin, the Republican dream ticket, but Huckabee will have to take second place. Then, happily, President Obama will win reelection by and even larger landslide than in 2008. Go for it, goons.

February 25, 2011 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  24. Jeremy

I like Mike Huckabee. He's a decent man, if I had my choice of a republican president, he'd be the one I'd vote for.

February 25, 2011 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  25. Marcus Forster

I think people need to keep this in mind when watching programs like Glen Beck and Sara Palin's shows. They need to understand that they don't know what they're talking about, they are simply giving their warped opinion on current events and they are only saying these things to suck the weak viewers who can't cope with the current condition of the USA.

February 25, 2011 01:15 am at 1:15 am |