Huckabee: I've never bumped into Palin at Fox
February 24th, 2011

Huckabee: I've never bumped into Palin at Fox

Washington (CNN) - They're colleagues on cable news, but Fox News Channel contributors and potential 2012 presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin aren't exactly work buddies.

"I don't think I've ever bumped into Sarah Palin ever at Fox," Huckabee said in an interview Thursday with CNN Chief National Correspondent John King.

Huckabee was responding to a question from King about the number of potential candidates who also have contracts as contributors at Fox. Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich also appear on the cable channel.

In his answer, Huckabee tried to defend the set-up, which some have criticized as compromising Fox's ability to objectively cover the 2012 race.

"The one thing about Fox that people miss is that there really is this big wall between the news guys and the program guys," Huckabee said. "I mean I'm on the program side, I don't pretend to be objective. I'm not. But I would say our news guys, they're objective."

King's interview with Huckabee aired Thursday evening.

Filed under: Mike Huckabee • Sarah Palin
  1. FRANK FROM LAS VEGAS

There may be wall between but it has more holes in it than Swiss cheese! They somehow all have the same talking talking points and they talk about each other until it is a news story where there is none. Hoaky.

February 25, 2011 01:21 am at 1:21 am |
  2. Uncle Bully

I thought Sarah Palin quit her gig at fox news? .....wait ...never mind.... it was that Gov. of Alaska gig.

February 25, 2011 01:22 am at 1:22 am |
  3. unretired05

The Republican hopefuls don't work together at Fox, but they're all on the payroll.

February 25, 2011 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  4. TransWarpDrive

Yeah, right.
    Fox's news programs are as "objective" as a broadcast by Rush Limbaugh. And we all know what inaccurate dreck that guy spews forth on a daily basis.

February 25, 2011 01:49 am at 1:49 am |
  5. Jake

That's bull, FOX is a joke.

February 25, 2011 02:03 am at 2:03 am |
  6. guest

Oh ....I guess that makes it true then.

February 25, 2011 02:05 am at 2:05 am |
  7. nkp

who cares about fix news

February 25, 2011 02:12 am at 2:12 am |
  8. Mark

With someone like Roger Ailes as head of the news department, you have to be an idiot to believe that Fox News is objective. And how about some reporting on Roger Ailes encouraging an employee to lie to federal investigators.

February 25, 2011 02:23 am at 2:23 am |
  9. cxd

Mike:

Whatever you do, don't affiliate yourself with that babe...... It's political death. I'm a democrat and I can see a money-grabbing babe when I see one. Hell, I happen to like your style, so don't get wrapped up with that chick....

February 25, 2011 03:29 am at 3:29 am |
  10. snowbound

What a load of huckahooie!

"I don't think I've ever...", means that he DOES run into Palin, but if it's ever proven, I can still say that I didn't lie. If the FOX News situation wasn't so clearly damaging to this country and our political system, this network would be funny. These people are obscene.

I can't believe that I once was a fervent supporter of this network and got sucked into their rhetoric at one time. Thank you, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Hannity, Huckabee, Limpaugh, Gingrich, O'Really, Paulson, Palin, etc etc etc, for making me see the light on FOX news and the Republican party.

February 25, 2011 05:40 am at 5:40 am |
  11. Peggy

Despite being a conservative, Huckabee seems to be a nice guy. But he is extremely naive if he believes Fox News is "fair and objective."

February 25, 2011 06:16 am at 6:16 am |
  12. diridi

fox news is telling employees to lie....just shut down fox channel...good for the nation...

February 25, 2011 06:16 am at 6:16 am |
  13. tommytd

I would NEVER consider watching FOX for objective news coverage. They do a good job covering the NFL but, for me, that's about all they're good for.

February 25, 2011 06:18 am at 6:18 am |
  14. more obama retoric

is this news, NO!, why not report on something that hurts the American people, like $4-$5 gallon gas and obamas clear not caring attitude, or the fact that obama now thinks he is king and can decree a law unconstitutional. obama is not a king or savior, he is an elected official with no more power than we give him and in 2012 he will lose that, but if obama can break the law and not care, so can ever other person, time is coming obama and you better open your eyes, because your nightmare is beginning. We The People shall Take Back America from you and your goons.

February 25, 2011 06:53 am at 6:53 am |
  15. Sugarland

Palin who? George Bush who? I'm a republican and I don't care what these people do. They're history. I'm seventy years old and I don't live in the past Move on, live in today.

February 25, 2011 06:58 am at 6:58 am |
  16. Dave

Another thing you can do. Ask Ole Huckleberry and any of the other RINO`s what their diffinition of a Natural Born Citizen is.

February 25, 2011 07:07 am at 7:07 am |
  17. 11cavnam

So Huckabee has never bumped into Sarah Palin at FauxNews? I have never bumped into Sarah Palin anywhere but CNN didnt make that a news story. We know Sarah goes to FauxNews, what exactly is the posting of this supposed ,news story?

February 25, 2011 07:15 am at 7:15 am |
  18. NJfinest2009

who cares if they are co-workers, buddies, (whatever) maybe they should team up and start a union, cause once they all lose the republican primary, Fox (if they are smart) won't have any positions left for those losers.

February 25, 2011 07:22 am at 7:22 am |
  19. Jim

The idea that Huckabee suggests the Fox news guys are “objective” demonstrates that he can’t be. Any fool knows the Fox news guys are pro Republican, while at the same time the MSNBC new guys are pro Democrat. If you watch either organization and think you’re getting objective news then the only person you are fooling is yourself.

February 25, 2011 07:30 am at 7:30 am |
  20. Eric

That wall, isn't metaphorical, I'm sure that he's referring to the exterior walls of the building, as 'news guys' simply are not allowed in FNC.

February 25, 2011 07:32 am at 7:32 am |
  21. don

Where's the suprise Mike? In order for you to bump into her, she would have to show up at the workplace. That's not her "style"

February 25, 2011 07:33 am at 7:33 am |
  22. lgny

"But I would say our [Fox] news guys, they're objective."

Another massive dent in his credibility.

February 25, 2011 07:35 am at 7:35 am |
  23. Denise

Hilarious! He's just as delusional as the others at Fox! Thanks for the morning laugh!

February 25, 2011 07:48 am at 7:48 am |
  24. wgf

The other thing about Fox News is that there is no wall between truth and fiction.

February 25, 2011 07:52 am at 7:52 am |
  25. Unbelievable

What's newsworthy about this??

February 25, 2011 07:53 am at 7:53 am |