Chris Christie: 'I already know I could win'
March 1st, 2011

Chris Christie: 'I already know I could win'

Washington (CNN) - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has repeatedly and dramatically said that he will not be seeking the GOP nomination for the 2012 presidential election, but said last week that if he were to run, he's confident he would win.

"I already know I could win. That's not the issue. The issue is not me sitting here and saying, 'Geez, it might be too hard. I don't think I can win.' I see the opportunity both at the primary level and at the general election level," Christie said during an interview with the National Review last week.

Despite much speculation and widespread popularity in the Republican Party, Christie has said that he doesn't feel personally ready to run for president, a key factor he believes would cause great detriment not only to himself, but to his party and the wellbeing of the country.

"I think when you have people who make the decision just based upon seeing the opportunity, you have a much greater likelihood that you're going to have a president who is not ready," Christie said.

As a first-term governor and relatively new player on the national political scene, Christie mused that he continues to observe his own improvement and that he is happy in his current role.

"There has never been a day where I've felt like I'm over my head, I don't know what to do, I'm lost. I don't know whether I'd feel the same way if I walked into the Oval Office a year and a half from now," Christie said.

Filed under: Chris Christie
  1. Marge

He sure could win...the booby prize. The people of this country aren't all as stupid as the people in NJ who voted for him and are not as sorry as Hades that they did.

March 2, 2011 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  2. Anonymous

He can't even oversee snow removal, so he's already proven to be too incompetent for higher office.

March 2, 2011 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  3. Michael

This guy has not really done anything yet except talk.I am confused as to why so many are high on him. How about we wait and see what he actually does/accomplishes versus all the talk.

March 2, 2011 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  4. diridi

overconfidence is too bad...not easy for this idiot...way he talks....it is not NJ......with bunch idiots...

March 2, 2011 08:42 am at 8:42 am |
  5. Jus' Wondering

And just when did being morbidly obese make one qualified to to lead the free world? Buddy, just stick to doughnuts and leave the "leading" to folk who are capable... like Obama.

March 2, 2011 08:47 am at 8:47 am |
  6. AEJ

This 'BIG BAG OF WIND" just won't shut up his BIG mouth. What you need to do is to try and lose some of the excess BAGGAGE you walk around with day after day. I would want the President of the US to be healthy and not drop drop dead from excess weight.

Please ask your competitor Miker Hukabee for help in this area. My advice to you is to take a "wash out" and get rid of some of the BS you walk aroud with. The Pressures of the President's office woud give you a heart attack – not anything like a Governor's office day job!!!!

March 2, 2011 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  7. David Blake

I bet he is hiding something in his Closet!

March 2, 2011 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  8. T'sah from Virginia

Is there any room left in the room as this man’s head gets bigger, and Bigger and BIGGER????????

["I already know I could win.”]
    Then jump your ash in there and see!!
    “I see the opportunity…”
    But you don’t feel it “per – son – ally”

["There has never been a day where I've felt…”]
    [Like I'm] in it [over my head]
    But in [the Oval Office a year and a half from now"]
    It might be too much and I’ll probably drop dead!!

Christie will NEVER beat Obama and it’s known!!
    That’s why he’s able to BRAG about it NOW full blown!!
    That’s why he says NOW is NOT his opportunity!!!!!
    Because the FORCE is too great – that’s the REALITY!!!

March 2, 2011 08:57 am at 8:57 am |