(CNN) - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged his team flubbed the announcement last week that he planned to raise money and explore a bid for the White House in 2012.
"It (the roll-out) led to unfortunate confusion," Gingrich told the Des Moines Register Monday. "I wish we had been a little more structured last week. But I don't take it as a very serious problem."
He added his team does "many, many things, and most of them reasonably well."
At a media appearance at the state capitol in Atlanta, Georgia Thursday, Gingrich said he was taking the first official step toward a presidential bid, with a new website to accompany the exploratory phase. However, the announcement came after the Gingrich team was forced to clarify the Republican's presidential intentions following reports Gingrich planned to announce the formation of a presidential exploratory committee, a step that requires a candidate to file paperwork with the Federal Election Commission.
"We live in an age of 24-7 constant surveillance of really smart people, and every once in a while something ragged will happen to every single campaign," Gingrich said. "And I think the real trick is to relax, live it out and keep moving."
At the event in Atlanta, Gingrich said he is looking at the bid "very seriously" and that he will "very methodically lay out the framework of what we'll do next."
Gingrich appeared Monday night alongside four other potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates at a forum sponsored by Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition.
Gingrich spokesman Rick Tyler told CNN the former congressman met with potential donors Monday, adding the team is in Iowa "listening and learning."
He will return to the Hawkeye State at the end of March for the Conservative Principles Conference sponsored by Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa.
– CNN Senior Producer Kevin Bohn contributed to this report