Palin will visit Israel
March 17th, 2011

Palin will visit Israel

(CNN) – Following in the footsteps of several other Republicans considering a presidential bid, Sarah Palin is set to make a stop in Israel following her Saturday speech in New Delhi, India.

“I'm thankful to be able to travel to Israel on my way back to the U.S.,” Palin said in a statement obtained by CNN. “As the world confronts sweeping changes and new realities, I look forward to meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu to discuss the key issues facing his country, our ally Israel.”

Palin last went overseas in December when she visited Haiti on a humanitarian mission. She also visited Kosovo and Germany in 2009.

Other potential GOP candidates to visit Israel in recent months include Mitt Romney, Haley Barbour, and Mike Huckabee.

A Palin aide declined to provide further details about the trip.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. N. Nichols

Does she even know where Israel is located?

March 17, 2011 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  2. jerseylou

YEPPER.....Palin we already know what you're to do.Show a little breast and leg say hi and goodbye.

March 17, 2011 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  3. John Horgan

This woman's comings & goings are irrelevant to all other events occuring in the country and the world.

March 17, 2011 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  4. AverageAmerican

Does she even know where Israel is? Can she see it from Alaska?

March 17, 2011 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  5. Donaldbain

Who would ask this non-entity chucklehead to speak to them and, more importantly, why would the Israelis even look at her? hahahahahahahaha!

March 17, 2011 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  6. Shirley

I wonder if Sarah is wearing anything green under that red suit.... mmmmh.

March 17, 2011 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  7. Joe

Really Sarah, is Israel our ally? About 1% of us didn't know that. Gee thanks! LOL What other clarifications would you like to make today? "You kids eat your cereal, from the box that I bought at the store, which sells cereal." "Todd, drive the car, that we own, around back." "Bristol, my daughter, your baby, that you gave birth to, is crying." "America, I'm looking to make a fool of myself, I Sarah Palin, by running for president of this country, the USA, which is part of North America, the continent, in 2012, which comes after 2011."

On the other hand, there is the very shallow, closed-minded, misinformed, ding-battish group with the rings in their noses that follow you around (but they're not sure why) who may need such clarification. Gee, I hope they go to college at some point. LOL

March 17, 2011 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  8. ST

Hey Sarah, you can also make a connection to Libya on your way back!

March 17, 2011 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  9. th

Maybe Israel will keep Palin there.

March 17, 2011 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  10. GOPhatesUSA

Sarah Palin is visiting Israel in the hopes of getting her business going. She wants to open up a string of Honey Baked Ham. Good luck, hon.

March 17, 2011 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  11. Anonymous

Does she know where it is? I hope she doesn't get lost. On the other hand, . . . .

March 17, 2011 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  12. Adam

Since when do foreign heads of state meet with foreign non-journalist civilians to discuss policy?

March 17, 2011 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  13. CathyinAZ

Why, as a private citizen, does she meet with the Prime Minister? I am sure he will find her as ill-informed as most of the rest of us. Who's paying for her trip because I will bet money it's not coming out of her pocket!. Do us all a favor AND STAY HOME AND NOT EMBARASS US WITH YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE!!!

March 17, 2011 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  14. Para Sailin'

Dear Sarah

Making a speach in a foriegn country does not make you an expert
    in foriegn policy.
    Surprised you didnt end up in Iceland.
    Your visit with Netanyahu should be short.

March 17, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  15. Albert

Just what the Middle East needs.... Sarah Palin.

March 17, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  16. Jim

Just curious, since you are a private citizen holding no office, what exactly gives you the right to visit with a leader of another country? What kinds of promises are you going to make? To continue to support Israel in their not-so-subtle undermining of the arab states that surround them?

March 17, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  17. Fet UP...SF

dumb broad!

What are u doing n India? thanking the people of India for taking jobs that corporations YOU SUPPORT have sent there?

March 17, 2011 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  18. A keen observer

So the bimbo is traveling overseas; who cares?

March 17, 2011 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  19. Sniffit

Why is this suprising? Israel is rapidly descending into fascism and the GOP is trying to shove fascism down our throats. Match made in heaven.

March 17, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  20. johnmccain

In what capacity she is speaking with Bibi? I am afraid he would lol on her. Or, I am really afraid of it? Hmmm...

March 17, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  21. Cindy

Shouldn't she be on a "no Fly' list for security purposes... you know, like to prevent the rest of the world from thinking she represents us?

March 17, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  22. Carol

Palin did nothing on the Haiti trip but have her picture taken. She never would have gone if it had not been for
    Franklin Graham. Visit Israel? She will have nothing of substance to say to Netanyahu (unless it is rehearsed).

March 17, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  23. Greg in Atlanta

I wonder how other world leaders feel when they look at their calendars and realize that they have to meet with these ego-driven intellectual lightweights that are parading themselves in front of the world as contenders (pretenders) to the throne? This Lady wouldn't know which end of the fork to use if food didn't keep falling off it. These are our trading partners, and we are trying to fix our economy. Please find some kind of way to let them know we are serious. Sending Sarah "The Cut and Run Governor" Palin just doesn't do it.

March 17, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  24. Bob

I'm a Conservative and have been studying Presidential politics since the Johnson/Goldwalter election. I can tell you with candidates are good and which ones are bad for each party. Right now I can tell you that a Palin or Gingrich nomination will gaurantee an Obama reelection in 2012. Mark my words. I'm never wrong on this.

March 17, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  25. sarah

Why would Prime Minister Netanyahu meet with a private citizen of the USA?
    I should think his daily schedule is busy enough not to leave him any time to meet with people just to be polite.
    Or did her half term as governor somehow empower her to to discuss with him the key issues facing his country?

March 17, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |