Trump: I 'screwed' Gadhafi
March 21st, 2011

Trump: I 'screwed' Gadhafi

(CNN) – Donald Trump, whose flirtations with a presidential bid continue, says he has special experience dealing with Libyan leader Moammer Gadhafi.

Speaking on Fox News Monday, Trump says he has more of a track record than anyone in the Republican presidential field when it comes to dealing with foreign leaders and dignitaries: "I sell them real estate for tremendous amounts of money. I mean, I've dealt with everybody."

Trump, who has said he will decide on a presidential bid by June, said he is particularly happy with the fact he "screwed" Gadhafi on a past real estate deal.

"I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years, and then I didn't let him use the land," Trump boasted. "That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him."

Filed under: Donald Trump
  1. Doug

Not very presidential, but hey I'd rather him screw Ghadafi than what Obama is doing, screwing the hard working decent people of this nation.

March 21, 2011 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  2. Baby Boomer

I sure hope folks are paying attention here. This is not the kind of guy who should be allowed to run our country...

March 21, 2011 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  3. kelsey's grammar

The day I vote for Donald Trump is the day his hair looks good.

March 21, 2011 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  4. lforlegend

Yeah, he went there, and he'll sell out America the same way. Greed is the name of his game.

March 21, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  5. ST

So Trump was palling around with terrorist! right!

March 21, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  6. OneMoreTime

He also "screwed" some Scottish landowners so he could build "the greatest golf course in the world". He didn't care
    that these people love their land, and that it is an environmentally sensitive home to an abundance of wildlife. Another
    bully stepping up to the plate, ego in tact, wheelin' and dealin'. Gag!

March 21, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  7. Blaqmajik

and if he becomes president, he will screw the American people too.

March 21, 2011 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  8. Marc

Trump.....the only guy who is a bigger load than Limbaugh.

March 21, 2011 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  9. Elliott

Just what American's are looking for. A person who isn't afraid of "screwing" someone else over. Doesn't matter who it is. Doesn't say a lot about a person's character when they openly admit screwing over someone else.

March 21, 2011 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  10. mike

Trump maybe a good in business as we can all see and he tells the american people or who ever maybe listening to him about his success all the time but he has no personality he tries to be cool but lets get real all he thinks about is business and what his next score is going to be its like listening to the same all record what do you do with that record once you get tired of it

March 21, 2011 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  11. Independent In Albany

You let him pitch his tent on YOUR property while he was here slamming us at the UN too.

March 21, 2011 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  12. Sammy Dosa

Is this guy serious about a presidential bid?

March 21, 2011 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  13. 100% ETH

The Terrorist was your customer. Now, you might know were Osama Bladder is hiding.

You are dealing with Terrorists. Your assets must be frozen as well.

March 21, 2011 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  14. cm

Just like you will the Americans once in office, man get a life. why are you bringilng this to surface. It doesn't help you at all. Go window shopping for a mew tupac.

March 21, 2011 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  15. KRS1

Donald Trump is nothing more than a side-show who thinks running for president would be a good publicity stunt. Come to think of it that's a common theme in the republican party anymore. Palin, Bachman, Gingrich, Trump, etc.. none of them have a chance... what's next, Bill O'Reilly putting his bid in? Come on.

March 21, 2011 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  16. Ruth

WoW Trump another Honest guyfor President he made $$ on a Crooked Deal what else is new in Business.
    Sure a good story to tell luaghingly to the BOYS around the BAR in NYC but do we really need another slicker in the White House??
    He has been Bankcrupt several times so can THE DONALD really handle our $$ the Federal Budget or anything else??
    Doubt we need someone who Cops to swindling and dealing with terriorists on his Resume'.
    Might his motto be "DO UNTO OTHERS BEORE THEY DO UNTO YOU"?
    Then again we taxpayers have been subjected to all the above in the past so maybe it is true that is ..................
    We didn't know Onbama and .look what happened!!!
    "BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW'
    !

March 21, 2011 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  17. diridi

good job, you were a merchant to Col. Gaddaffi....well, this will also qualify you to be president....o.k, relax, and enjoy....Americans are real dumb....they will elect you....do not worry....pat yourself......Lord, bless our nation, I do not know what GOP is thinking of people.....

March 21, 2011 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  18. jimmm

Is screwing international leaders what we want to do? I guess Karzai has screwed us out of billions, so has Iraq.

March 21, 2011 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  19. Pat

There we go! A slimy real estate agent! That's exactly who we need leading our nation!

March 21, 2011 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  20. Incredulous American

Good for you Donald. That's just what America needs is a President that is proud of how he "screwed" someone in a deal.

March 21, 2011 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  21. Ben Ben

So basically he thinks he is presidential material by swindling someone out of their money? yep Sounds like a TRUE Republican.

March 21, 2011 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  22. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

This is pointless. I don't care how much he got out of Gadafi. Unless it was handing over control of the entire oil fields, it doesn't matter.

March 21, 2011 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  23. George Guadiane - Austerlitz, NY

This is one "PROUD" capitalist. Makes me feel all warm inside. Makes me want a president who will act internationally with no regard to dignity or honor...
    I'm sure he would treat the rest of the international community in much the same way. President Bush would look like a teddy bear next to this clown.

"You Betcha," That's what I want.

(NOT

March 21, 2011 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  24. Sorensen

I am sure Donald Trump has "screwed" a lot more people than Ghadaffi.
    He is a real-estate salesman.
    Don't ever confuse that with Obama. Trump is not even 1/50 of Obama in intellect, taste,I.Q. and anything else
    you could think of. (Like wife!!)

March 21, 2011 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  25. A guy

And this man wants to be president? How will he "screw" us?

March 21, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |