Trump: I 'screwed' Gadhafi
March 21st, 2011

Trump: I 'screwed' Gadhafi

(CNN) – Donald Trump, whose flirtations with a presidential bid continue, says he has special experience dealing with Libyan leader Moammer Gadhafi.

Speaking on Fox News Monday, Trump says he has more of a track record than anyone in the Republican presidential field when it comes to dealing with foreign leaders and dignitaries: "I sell them real estate for tremendous amounts of money. I mean, I've dealt with everybody."

Trump, who has said he will decide on a presidential bid by June, said he is particularly happy with the fact he "screwed" Gadhafi on a past real estate deal.

"I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years, and then I didn't let him use the land," Trump boasted. "That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him."

Filed under: Donald Trump
  1. maf

Donald, you "screw" everybody!!! All your lackeys are YES men because they don't want to get screwed by opposing you!
    You sure fit right in with what the GObP are presenting themselves as these days! Go ahead Donald, RUN!!
    Can't wait for the tantrum you throw once the people tell you "you're fired"!!!!
    This admission just speaks to your character, sorely lacking!!!

March 21, 2011 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  2. SA in OO

Well now that's what we need in a President, a high rolling real estate shyster, who likes to brag about the fact that he cheats people. And what exactly is the teachable moment here?

Of course it's all OK as long as the person that is shysted is himself a low life. This seems to be the new ethic in real estate. It's OK to cheat people since the people you are dealing with are trying to cheat you anyway.

March 21, 2011 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  3. greyhackles

So, this pinhead thinks that *doing business* with a terrorist dictator makes him Presidential material? Wow.

March 21, 2011 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  4. Name Jeremy from Dallas

Oh my God....what a thief this guy is? How many other people did you screw up? Trust is very important regardless of who ever you deal with. We cant trust you.

March 21, 2011 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  5. Emerson

The more this man runs his mouth, the more he reveals himself to be a shallow, vile human being who is becoming the poster boy for the old saying "There is more to life than money".

March 21, 2011 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  6. LA, LA, LA

And he will Screw "us" if he is President. Simple.

March 21, 2011 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  7. steven harnack

And this is someone who would aspire to lead our country?

March 21, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  8. Bob in PA

Yeah, well Donald, you indirectly screwed me several years ago too.

March 21, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  9. ThinkAgain

So Trump is proud that he swindled someone, justifying his actions because the person he "screwed" is despicable.

Sounds like just another amoral person rationalizing their bad behavior (brings to mind all those supposed "Christians" who hate and kill in the name of Jesus).

March 21, 2011 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  10. fayse

How nice, Trump is proud to admit that he is a shady business man and at the same time shows that he has a vulgar mouth.So much for.family values. This man is an idiot and if he has to say "I'm a smart guy" then he obviously is not. He had a rich daddy, that doesn't make him smart, it just proves that he is arrogant.

March 21, 2011 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  11. twiddly

Oh, how very presidential of "theDonald".
    I thought Palin would embarrass us (and, she would), but this guy is trying hard for top GOP loony-tunes status.

So, how does "screwing" _anyone_ in a business deal make you look good? It doesn't. It just shows that you are greedy and dishonest. How would any foreign leader trust this guy? They won't.

March 21, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  12. Ryan

Really, Trump? That just shows that you're a crooked businessman, nothing more.

March 21, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  13. juliei4

Let's see – bragging about screwing anyone doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a leader. If one has the capability to "screw" people, I'm sure it wasn't just Gadafi and I'm sure it hasn't ended. Trump should stick to Celebrity Apprentice.

March 21, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  14. Michael tampa

Sorry Donald, screwing someone in a real estate deal hardly qualifies as foreign policy experience anymore that that hair qualifies you to make bad wigs!

March 21, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  15. NVa Native

"I mean, I've dealt with everybody."
    "That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him [them]."
    So this is what Repubs want – an arrogant punk who thinks he screwed everybody. Trump is perfect icon for their ideology that being a selfish, opportunistic, and thoughtless bully equals strength and power.

March 21, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  16. The Real Tom Paine

So, he was willing to take anyone's money? Is that what he wants to say? Gadafi has been in power since 1969, its not like people don't know what sort of person he is. Trump has shown he is as ammoral as Gadafi, only without the tanks.

March 21, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  17. TheLoudestYeller

So you mean you screwed him in a meaningless victory exclusively for you own financial gain? Really? Who would of thought that Trump would do something like that. hmmm.. Well i don't think Gadafi is sweating since the money he gave you, he screwed out of the poor and weak.

March 21, 2011 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  18. jarhead

I guess the Donald can forget running for any public office. He just told the public he is dishonest and is proud of it.

March 21, 2011 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  19. Obama Leads

Oh that is just wonderful Mr Trump. Just the kind of bragging and bad acting talk America needs. NOT!
    Mr Trump would really bring our country down "his way."

March 21, 2011 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  20. gray

Good for you Mr.Trump,but what does that have to do with the price of beans in America. I don,t want to be mean,but I,m sure "Daffy" wasn,t the only one on your "srew list" Sorry,no help for your Gop campaign there? Obama=2 Terms Sir.

March 21, 2011 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  21. Tony in Maine

I'm glad he clarified the headline. As it reads, great fodder for the tabloids though.

March 21, 2011 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  22. Candy Taylor

Wow! Unethical business practices. Scewing people over. If there was any doubt Trump is qualified to be GOP presidential candidate, these revolations should lay them to rest. What is wrong with these people?????

March 21, 2011 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  23. Rick James B----

OHHH did you really screw him?? So if Trump did that to foreign leaders then he screws American people too. Remember it's all business for Trump; if you're American or Not, you will get screwed. Note to self: Don't do a business deal with Trump.

March 21, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  24. Ernie

Obama could learn something from Donald Trump. Donald Trump has shown that he's not afraid of anybody. Obama is afraid of everybody. Donald Trump should Obama's economic advisor, and Obama should get rid of all the his "Think Tan economic "Intellectuals". Donald Trump has dealt with all the leaders of countries that have "Screwed" the United States. It's time for the United States to be the "Screwor not the Screwee". Obama is the "Screwee"

March 21, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  25. Dev

Donald I am sure you screw most of the folks you do business with!!! You are a screwy guy.

March 21, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |