Geraldine Ferraro dies, at age 75
March 26th, 2011

Geraldine Ferraro dies, at age 75

(CNN) - Geraldine Ferraro, a former congresswoman and vice presidential candidate, has died, according to family statement. She was 75.

In 1985, Ferraro was the first female vice presidential candidate from a major U.S. political party when she ran with Democratic presidential candidate Walter Mondale.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Geraldine Ferraro
  1. Kevinmac

And Our President hit her when she was down what a despicable action by the same Person Playing his Race Baiting Politics

March 26, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  2. darla

She was a great Congresswoman. She will be miss by a lot of us who believes in truth and democracy

March 26, 2011 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  3. denise

It was Reagan's second term not his first. He ran against Jimmy Carter the first time.

March 26, 2011 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  4. KC

She was a bright, funny woman. RIP Geri–condolences to your children.

March 26, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  5. Orlando R

RIP. the other day i found a mondale/ferraro pin at the thrift shop. I bought it, im gonna wear it today in her honor

March 26, 2011 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  6. LIP

I am a Republican, but with that said, had the greatest amount of respect for this very successful individual. Her opinions and stature will be missed.

March 26, 2011 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  7. Kevin,FL

Such sad news... I will never forget the support you gave to Hillary Clinton during the 2008 campaign.. we never forget people who helped us in 2008... may your soul rest in peace..

March 26, 2011 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  8. GI Joe

Very intelligent, and hard-working LADY. RIP.

Not like the loud-mouthlying nutjobs that the republican partiy presents for their version of "would-be presidential hags".

March 26, 2011 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  9. rico

Geraldine Ferraro ran for vice president in 1984, not 1985, and that election gave way to Reagan's second term in office, not his first. These are really simple fact-checking issues, show some respect.

March 26, 2011 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  10. T'sah from Virginia

R.I.P. Lady of the TIMES!!!!

March 26, 2011 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  11. Clwyd

When you look at the caliber of Geraldine compared to the republican nut cases like Palin the Pathetic and Bachmann the B you see what real class used to be as compared to trash!

March 26, 2011 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  12. Squigman

Very sorry for the loss to her family and friends. Very sorry for the loss to our country.

March 26, 2011 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  13. willie floyd

A very intelligent and classy lady. She contributed greatly to the womens' movement in our country. It is sad that some of the women in politics today do not conduct themselves in the same manner as she did. She makes a woman very proud of her gender-not ashamed of it. I'm sure I don't have to name names.

March 26, 2011 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  14. MAC

I am going to miss her on Fox News. She helped with the Fair and Balanced. Even if I did not agree with heer most of the time.

March 26, 2011 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  15. A True Centrist

Ms. Ferraro was a huge liberal, so I can't say I agreed with her policies. However, I thank her for her service to this country. I wish her family the best through these tough times.

March 26, 2011 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  16. armywrestler2001@yahoo.com

adversary obama now reaps praise upon ferraro. what an empty suit. what do you expect from a tool with no job experience. a media created failure.

March 26, 2011 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |