Obama invites congressional leaders for budget talks
April 4th, 2011

Obama invites congressional leaders for budget talks

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders for a meeting Tuesday to try to push through a budget deal three days before the deadline to avoid a partial government shutdown, the White House announced Monday.

The meeting comes as Republican and Democratic leaders signaled a continuing stalemate in negotiations on how much to cut government spending for the rest of the current fiscal year, which ends on September 30.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Budget • Congress • President Obama
  1. Albo58

3 days before the deadline and already our fearless POTUS is getting to the issue of the 2011 budget! Wow, he's so laser-focussed!

April 4, 2011 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  2. Four and The Door

The Republicans are having a tough time getting the government spending in control. Obama and Reid are putting up quite a fight.

It would be awful nice in my business if all I had to do was throw insults and stomp my feet and the customers would pay me more money. Obama and Reid are a couple smart cookies getting into government! All I get to spend is what my business earns. And if the customers are having hard times I have to be more efficient too!

April 4, 2011 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  3. Sniffit

Tomorrow's headline...or what it should read if the "news" media had a pair: "GOPers Attend Budget Talks in Bad Faith, Read Statement After Budget Talks That Was Already Written Beforehand"

April 4, 2011 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  4. Sniffit

" All I get to spend is what my business earns."

Right. And I'm sure the first thing on your list is to purposefully decrease your revenue in order to later justify cutting your expenses.

April 4, 2011 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  5. terry,va

Waiting for the last minute so it a deal is reached he takes credit and if one isn't he says the repubs wouldn't cooperate. Typical Obummie spin and BS.

April 4, 2011 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |