Bachmann lists her presidential creds
April 6th, 2011

Bachmann lists her presidential creds

(CNN) - As she contemplates a bid for the White House, Rep. Michele Bachmann is making her case when it comes to why she's qualified to sit in the Oval Office.

Speaking to Fox News' Bill O'Reilly Tuesday, the Minnesota congressman touted her "broad, extensive background."

"I'm a student of many years. I've studied a number of, a wide berth of topics," she said. "I sit currently on the Intelligence Committee. We deal with the classified secrets and with the unrest that's occurring around the world. I also sit on Financial Services Committee."

"But again, I've lived life," continued Bachmann. "Tomorrow, I'll be celebrating my 55th birthday, and I've had a wide, extensive life. And again, my background is a very practical, solution-oriented vision."

"So you are a problem solver," O'Reilly responded.

Bachmann's defense of her qualifications comes in the wake of increasing signs the Tea Party favorite is likely to mount a presidential bid. Earlier in the week the congresswoman hired a key staffer in Iowa while CNN reported Wednesday she is set to appear with South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley during an upcoming trip to that key state.

Filed under: 2012 • Michele Bachmann
  1. shoegazer

She looks about as Presidential as Grace Slick would have back in 1969.

April 6, 2011 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  2. Please go away

This is a joke post right?

April 6, 2011 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  3. Katie

"I've studied a wide berth of topics" isn't very specific at all. She should clarify what she's educated in so that we as Americans can make informed decisions about who we want in office.

April 6, 2011 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  4. Edd

I never knew there was such a person as dumb as Sarah Palin until this one opened her mouth.
    We now have 2 Idiots who THINK they know what it takes to run a country.
    I bet she can see Canada from her front porch!

April 6, 2011 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  5. StrategicBob

it won't take long to read this ignoramous's list of presidential qualifications

April 6, 2011 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  6. rick

I have "lived life" and have shot a rifle in my early years, so that makes me qualified to be her Secretary of Defense.

April 6, 2011 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  7. cecilia

and also and most important – she is cute and her hair is long and glossy and so are her lips and she has that high pitched girly voice so popular with tea party and republican men. and on and on and on

April 6, 2011 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  8. Kathy

Was getting a big fat check from the government in the form of farm subsidies included?? Yup, doesn't even farm but gets a check. Where is the Tea Party outrage on that????????

April 6, 2011 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  9. kuewa

I've also lived life- difficult not to do so when you are alive. Perhaps I could be the tea party candidate.

April 6, 2011 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  10. FRANK - LAS VEGAS

She's studied, apparently on her own since she's a big home school proponent. Unfortunately, she can study all she wants but hasn't a clue as to what it means. She's like so many people who have the impression that they are qualified for something because they read an article about the subject. Her simplistic view of issues can be equated to a 22 caliber mind in a 357 magnum world. And while she sits on the Intelligence Committee it's obvious non of it has worn off on her. Her mission seems to be to further dumb down America to her own level of incompetence. The only advice I can give her is; just because you hear voices in your head doesn't mean there's a crowd behind you.

April 6, 2011 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  11. Twilighttrail

My democratic fellows are fond of saying the likes of Bachmann can't be elected, but what are you thinking? We elected - more or less - George W. Bush twice. Even if you say it was fraud, the Florida games and subsequent Surpreme Court crowning never would have happened if so many folks country-wide had not voted for him, thus making Florida the deciding contest. I started saying in the 80's "The people most anxious to gut public education are the people who want to control an ignorant, easily propagandized population." Well, now we have the end result, a country in which the Michelle Bachmann's of the world are discussed in the national media as serious candidates for President. I believe the campaign against public education has been very successful, and the Founding Fathers the Tea Party is so fond of referring to are spinning in their graves.

April 6, 2011 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  12. RF

I can see Milwaukee from my back yard! That is her qualification!

April 6, 2011 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  13. CHUCK

What a waste of time and effort. I will never vote for a tea party candidate.

April 6, 2011 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  14. Rib15

The idea that this wackjob would even be considered for the job of having her finger on The Button leaves me wondering at the state of the Republic....

April 6, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |