Beck ending show on Fox
April 6th, 2011

Beck ending show on Fox

(CNN) - Fox News Channel anchor Glenn Beck will end his daily show later this year to develop and produce a variety of television projects to air on the channel, according to a release Wednesday.

The new agreement between FNC and Mercury Radio Arts will ensure Beck appears on the television network and through other "digital properties."

"Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody's standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him," Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes said in a statement.

"Glenn Beck" launched in 2009. The host previously hosted a show on CNN's sister network HLN.

Howard Kurtz, Washington bureau chief for The Daily Beast and host of CNN's "Reliable Sources" said the split was a "divorce many months in the making."

"By the end, both sides wanted out," Kurtz said in an email. "Beck's show proved too radioactive for Fox, and the network became an uncomfortable home for Glenn Beck."

Filed under: Fox News • Glenn Beck
  1. Huntressmoon

Say what you want- I heard the show is still at the top of the ratings. Will be interesting to see if CNN can compete with the replacement.

April 6, 2011 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  2. mikeinsf

Good riddance freak

April 6, 2011 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  3. Consider This...

Don't include me in "by anybody's standards". Being a racist hate monger will never be the definition of success of mine or I feel anyone else's mind who happens to be sane. Thank goodness you will no longer be spewing your hate on the airwaves daily.

April 6, 2011 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  4. No tea, coffee only

The end of an error. Now if Glenn would just go away completely...

April 6, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  5. dave

As a republican with a brain, I find Glenn Beck to be very good at taking facts and truths and spinning them into irrational, implausible outcomes. We need a law that regulates what can be called news.

April 6, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  6. The Offended Blogger

Way to get my hopes up and then dash them! At least the first bit of news made me smile...

April 6, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  7. Pete

Mindless Koch Industries worshippers, need not fear: Beck will continue to spread fear, insanity and made-up nonsense elsewhere for their enjoyment.

April 6, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  8. PraiseTheLard

I pr-ef-er the Da-ily sh-ow... witho-ut Be-ck...

April 6, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  9. Mark

Adios to the "Rodeo Clown."

April 6, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  10. Roberto

Can I read somewhere that Glenn Beck is leaving earth? That would be nice.

April 6, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  11. mobrule

who? oh right, the guy that the only people who watch are left wing nuts. if dems would quit wathcing fox and palin and so on, they would go away.

April 6, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  12. Smartie Pants

Is it true that Glenn Beck is leaving Fox News to launch a career in journalism?

April 6, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  13. Paul

Bye, Glenn. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

April 6, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  14. Neal Kelley

I guess he did not get enough racist to watch his show.

April 6, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  15. getreal

Good riddance. We don't need anymore of his vitriol.

April 6, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  16. coder

now – can we get this nut off all the airwaves??

April 6, 2011 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  17. fr1nk

"Beck's show proved too radioactive for Fox,"

Wow. When you are too radioactive for fox you have achieved something I always thought was impossible. Good job glenn beckkk. Even the wackos cant stand to work with you anymore.

April 6, 2011 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  18. Sam Worthington

I guess two wrongs don't make a right.

April 6, 2011 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  19. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Wonderful. I bet he'll try to pull a Howard Stern. The Donald comes to Fixed News and Beck jumps ship. Now only if Hannity and O'Reilly leave.

April 6, 2011 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  20. Matt

Good riddance, although I'm certain his behind the scenes work will be every bit as detrimental to the sanity of Americans.

April 6, 2011 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  21. Marc

I guess Fox does have a line it won't cross. They must've really had a tough time selling commercials to finance his hate speech.

April 6, 2011 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  22. Brons

Glad the whacko is going..hope he doesn't run for anything....he and Charlie Sheen could do a road show together!!

April 6, 2011 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  23. Oregon Calling

About time :-)

April 6, 2011 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  24. rg

Good riddens! He made the Fox Network into more a joke and it lost alot of credibility with the general population. How many "opinionators" does a network need??? How about a little unbiased news for a change. I know of a lot of people that no longer watch Fox.

April 6, 2011 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  25. Sam I Am

FINALLY Fox is showing some sense. Beck has been distorting, lying, and spreading hate for too many years. The deep divisions in this country are due in no small part to his efforts and his self-gratifying style. I just do not understand how people can buy into his message. He's a fat little failed DJ. No more. No less.

April 6, 2011 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |