Bachmann: A one-term president
April 11th, 2011

Bachmann: A one-term president

Washington (CNN) – Michele Bachmann just may be a one-term president.

That's what the Minnesota Republican is pledging should she ultimately decide to run for president and win the White House, providing she can "turn things around" in that time frame.

"I'm a principled reformer, and my goal is to see the country turn around," Bachmann told the Des Moines Register in an interview published Monday. "I'm also committed to being a one-term president if that's what it takes in order to turn things around, because this is not about a personal ambition."

"It's about getting our financial house in order and to become respected again in the world on an international scale," she added.

Bachmann's comments come the same day she is in the Hawkeye State to deliver a speech to social conservatives in Pella.

On Monday, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and Texas Rep. Ron Paul will deliver speeches in Iowa, she to social conservatives in Pella and he to a Family Leader group in Sioux Center.

Filed under: 2012 • Michele Bachmann
  1. ATL Guy

This will be the biggest con every in the history of this country. This clownish woman is the most disqualified person to ever run for anything. What the Republicans have been banking on is that people will fall for their birther nonsense to discredit Obama and vote for a Republican. But the Republicans can't shake the results of their bad decisions including the Bush Tax Cuts that they want to make permanent.

April 11, 2011 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  2. Dave

LOL! This idiot won't even get through the primary. It's just as well – Obama would mop the floor with her and anyone with a measureable IQ knows it.

April 11, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  3. Fuzzbee Morse from Los Angeles

Please run, Michele! You give me a new kind of hope – a profound hope that I will see Barack Obama win his second term by the greatest margin ever. Let's see – there are, perhaps, 30% of the people in this country, tops, who are stupid enough to elect someone as bat-crazy & consistently factually incorrect as you to run the country. 65%-35%? 70%-30%? I can't wait. Please run, I'm licking my chops!

April 11, 2011 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  4. Dan

She will only be a one time candidate, but an idiot for life. I bet she thinks that the serious candidates from the greedy old party won't eat her and the other bagger/ birthers alive in the primaries. She is counting on all the people in the country to be stupid as the people in her district in minn.

April 11, 2011 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  5. Patzilla

Bachmann is another disgrace to the famous women of this country with her lack of knowledge and diplomacy. She will never be famous let alone be a president. How she got to where she is is certainly beyond me.

April 11, 2011 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  6. Four and The Door

Claudia, Houston, Tx
    ... Furthermore, President Obama has regained America's respect around the World...
    Oh yeah. Like when the Europeans laughed him out of Belgium when he told them they needed more government economic stimulus. Do you see who is providing economic leadership for recovery? England. Cheers.

April 11, 2011 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  7. Danny Cali

Not a chance Michelle Bachmann and I don't think you going to get elect next time.

April 11, 2011 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |