Political Circus: SNL and Fox: Not 'Friends'
April 11th, 2011

Political Circus: SNL and Fox: Not 'Friends'

Washington (CNN) – Politics is serious business - but not all the time.

You knew this was coming ...

"Saturday Night Live" took on Fox's morning show "Fox and Friends" this past weekend for its coverage of the possible government shutdown.

The skit began, "You're watching Fox and Friends. Coffee, smiles, fear and terror."
Full Story

Filed under: Budget • Fox News • Political Circus
  1. Rudy NYC

The SNL segment was hilarious. It makes no difference to me whether Fox News, or its' reporters, like it or not. If they didn't then they are being "anti-social", which is exactly what they claim to be.

April 11, 2011 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  2. hellmut

If you keep hearing crazy voices turn off Fox "news".

April 11, 2011 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  3. fayse

Fox New is not a reliable "news" channel. Their message is fear,hate, and twisted lies. Owned by Rupert Murdock which, says it all.

April 11, 2011 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  4. peace

I never watched fake fox network. they"re a bunch of evil racist people.

April 11, 2011 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  5. RepulicFascists For a Bitter Way - Steal the Wealth, Bankrupt America, Blame the "non-rich" - People who pay taxes

Fox is not "news", it's dogma. If you don't believe me check out the unhinged at 12:39 p.m.

April 11, 2011 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  6. bo-D

Boo hoo fox

April 11, 2011 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  7. Larry

The truth harts like hell

April 11, 2011 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  8. curt

Fox can dish it out with their Jabba the Hut impersonator, Limbaugh, the paranoid and whiney Beck and the ascerbic Hannity but starts crying like a spoiled brat when they are on the receiving end. How Republican of them.

April 11, 2011 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  9. Limbaugh is a liberal

That's an SNL comedy sketch? Really, I can't tell it apart from the so-called news of Fox. They seem so alike... Either way I am laughing my head off!

April 11, 2011 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  10. Tim

SNL should be careful. There'e way more intential laughs on Fox than there is on SNL. The last time it was funny, Belushi was alive.

April 11, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  11. B

Someone has to take on the Dark-side.

April 11, 2011 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  12. Greg

I watched the video and thought it was a good sketch and pretty funny. The sad thing is that the actual show is just as funny with its hyperbole and lack of truth

April 11, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  13. greg in jax

@DemoComm, the only reason they are ahead in viewers is because all of the smart people have so many other outlets to get their news come. As for the misguided ignorant like yourself, all you have is Fox.

April 11, 2011 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  14. Stockton

Yes, Fox is definately over the top. Less so than CNBC tho.

April 11, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  15. David

Liberals must get frightened easily if watching Fox is scary.

April 11, 2011 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  16. RiffRaff

@Democommunists-I guess you missed Bret Baier's interview on The Daily Show a couple weeks ago? Fox does not consider themselves a 'news' organization per se. They leave that inference to their viewers. I believe he mentioned 'commentary' by Sean Hannity etc is considered just that-commentary/entertainment- not news based on factual content. However,Baier and Shep do consider their shows as news programs. But yes,you are correct in that they are rated #1 against the cable news networks. That makes them a powerful tool,and for that reason they should be more responsible to their viewers for supplying factual content-or at least offering a disclaimer to help them understand the difference.

April 11, 2011 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  17. sharon

Im loving it. If Fox News can't the heat than they should stop spreading hate & lies. Only gullible people listen to Fox News.

April 11, 2011 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  18. David

But fox noise entertainment but their lack of patriotism is galling. They want to President to fail by extension the country to fail. They have no shame. The teabadheadnazilunatics make that moron w look like a moral genius.

April 11, 2011 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  19. Yikes!

"Mr. Democommunists.."

I read a few blog posts while having my lunch each day, you seem to post your rants on many of them. Always in a negative way. From my perspective it looks like you're just trying to get your own spot on Faux News. You are on the right track!

P.S. I do recommend checking out the opposing view once in a while. I will listen to a little of Faux News for this but honestly I hear little real news there.

April 11, 2011 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |