Trump takes aim at Bill Cosby
April 12th, 2011

Trump takes aim at Bill Cosby

Washington (CNN) - Business mogul Donald Trump is aiming his latest war of words against Bill Cosby, saying the famous comedian is "incoherent" and "dishonest"

Trump's outburst – which came in a written statement Monday – followed comments last week by Cosby during an appearance on NBC's Today Show, during which he declared Trump either needs to run for president now or "shut up."

"I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently 'you run or shut up,'" Trump said in the statement. "The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends."

Trump added Cosby had been friendly to him during a previous encounter backstage at The Late Show with David Lettermen, having then offered to buy the reality television star a suit.

"I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn't want me to run because he's obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my "green room" in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I'm not around," Trump said in the statement.

Filed under: Donald Trump
  1. eunice

mr. trump here you go again you can dish it out but you can't it ----- so now you should know how President Obama feels the way you have talked about him when he is not around ------- what goes around comes around -– I'M PRESIDENT OBAMA BIGGEST FAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE -----------------

April 12, 2011 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  2. charlou

Trump get alife , you want to be President so that you can file bankruptcy for the United States like you hav done for your self so many times (how many ) . It is not tha he is incoherent or dishonest some people think before the open their mouths as you should learn to do. You ar finding everyone you can to attack to booster ego but you are beginning to seem very foolish and people are ignoring you, stay on TV with the Apprentice and leave the thinking to others.

April 12, 2011 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  3. Indy

Trump has taken the same road as Sarah Palin, always the victim that is so thin skinned that their brains explode when someone says something they don't like and words just fall out of their mouths like diarhea. Trump is a TV charachter like Homer Simpson and nothing more, he would be best to stick with ripping off the government and using taxpayer money to fund his lifestyle and bankrupting his companies at the cost of the little guy.

April 12, 2011 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  4. Citizen Twain

Now that is Presidential!

April 12, 2011 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  5. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Cosby has a point. Trump needs to stop talking about his presidential run until the show is over. I think that Cosby has a point that we don't want to hear about teaser about people who might run for office.

April 12, 2011 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  6. Dominican mama 4 Obama

He offered to buy you a suit, but he's talking about you behind your back....WTF?!
    Cosby said, essentially, either piss or get off the pot. That's a pretty straight forward request. What's the problem? For your informaiton Cosby was conspicously missing during Obama's first run. It sounds to me like you're saying that because Cosby is Black he must be FOR Obama. Another stupid nugget you can claim credit for.
    Bottom line is that the ONLY one that sound incoherent, rambling, stupid, AND PARANOID is you Trumpster.

Hair Club for men called. They want their "weave" back for re-matting.

April 12, 2011 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  7. terdy, va

Donny better not try to match wits with the Cos. Donny doesn't know enough to know that he would get his rear handed to him in that battle.

April 12, 2011 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |