April 14th, 2011

Reid: Trump's not 'presidential caliber'

Washington (CNN) - Add Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, to the list of those pushing for Trump 2012.

"Oh, do I wish he would get the nomination," Reid told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in an interview set to air Thursday. "Donald Trump running for president of the United States? I mean, I like the man just fine. But he's not presidential caliber."

Filed under: 2012 • Donald Trump • Harry Reid • The Situation Room
  1. S. In California - Obama 2012

I like the man just fine. But he's not presidential caliber."

I'll go even further than that. He's not even a man. What an arrogant, self-centered, woman HATER he is. Anyone remember the nasty divorce he had with his first wife? I personally think he uses women for snap shots and the obvious and behind closed doors he detest them because he feels [we] are inferior to him. Mr. Nasty can take his show, his so-called presidential bid and his loud mouth and go to bankruptcy hell because I will never have any use for him in ANY capacity.

April 14, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  2. Sniffit

Preach it Harry! Of course, the obvious subtext here is that he hopes Trumpette gets the nomination haha

April 14, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  3. Positive

"... I like the man just fine. But he's not presidential caliber."

Well said.

Even less so now that he's started spouting the birther nonsense.

April 14, 2011 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  4. NATHAN WIMBERLY

Trump proves Harry right with each birther speech. Teagaggers only fall for it.

April 14, 2011 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  5. BeanerECMO

Reid, You're not senatorial caliber, either. You're small caliber.

April 14, 2011 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  6. Rudy NYC

Mr. Leader, Trump is a distraction. His purpose is to anger voters to the polls who will vote against Obama. That's all folks. Point that out to the people, and he will anger just as many voters to go out and vote for Obama.

April 14, 2011 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  7. jon

neither was W, but we were stuck with him for 8 years.

April 14, 2011 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  8. gt

come on harry ... you cant pick a winner in a one horse race.... who are you to tell who is or who is not ready... jerkk

April 14, 2011 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  9. Me

The office of the POTUS is not a joke. It's not something you just decide you're going to run for. I believe that Donald Trump is pushing his most famous product – himself. He isn't serious about running. But I wish people would quit making a mockery of the highest office in the land.

April 14, 2011 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  10. the real ib

How would Reid know? Oh I guess since Trump would not go along with all the out of controll spending that has been going on since Reid took over the senate that he thiinks Trump wouldn't make a good president. I bet Trump would bring the spending instead of spending more and making gov. bigger like Obama has done.

April 14, 2011 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  11. JustMe

I can just hear the Trumpster now ... "This is the thanks I get after I donated to his campaign?" (yes, Donald who claims to be a Tea Partier did donate to Reid just last year when he was running against Sharron Angle, who is a Tea Partier, which makes zero sense as to why someone who claims to be a Tea Partier would donate to a liberal running against another Tea Partier, except that maybe like everything else – Trump is not anything close to what he claims to be).

April 14, 2011 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  12. ConservaFascists/FUBAR

You tell em Harry. That combover doesn't sit well with Americans and doesn't look presidential at all!

April 14, 2011 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  13. Rudy NYC

Sen. Reid has point. Let's compare life experiences. We've just happen to hear all about Bill Clinton's first experience in Times Square. Gomer meets Gothams. What about "The Donald's" first visit? I'm curious. Mr. Trump, would you like to share?

April 14, 2011 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  14. fayse

The Donald is a fraud, He has filed bankruptcy several times, I doubt that he is a serious candidate because he would have to provide his financial statements, he is only making noise for the ratings and he has already signed a contract with Fox. television is where he makes his money, his businesses often go belly up.

April 14, 2011 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  15. LacrosseMom(real one)

Trump's a JOKE. This is a man who filed for BANKRUPTCY FOUR TIMES! YOU WANT A LIAR AND A CHEAT AS PRESIDENT? And....... Christian Broadcast Network interviewed him on attending church, he says he goes on Christmas and Easter...... and when he can! Lies.

April 14, 2011 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  16. Ray

I agree Trump is not suited to the Presidency – it would never work. But Reid is the biggest scumbag in the US Senate so him calling anyone unfit is a good joke. Reid is the most disingenuous and contentous leader up ther who thrives on separating and dividing Americans.

April 14, 2011 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  17. GSMITH

Donald Trump would be a better President then Barrack Obama, but that is not saying much most Republicans would be a better President the our present President. Barrack Obama you are FIRED in 2012.

April 14, 2011 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  18. Rick McDaniel

Neither is Obama. Ddin't stop him, in any way, and Reid would argue that Obama is doing a great job.

Laughable isn't he?......Reid, that is.

April 14, 2011 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  19. Four and The Door

Even after "Presidential Caliber" was revised to include a Junior Senator with no management experience?

April 14, 2011 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |