Undeclared candidate Mitch Daniels becoming the big man on campus
April 14th, 2011

Undeclared candidate Mitch Daniels becoming the big man on campus

New Haven, Connecticut (CNN) – It might be a stretch to call him the big man on campus. But Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels is getting some presidential buzz at colleges across the country.

Daniels, a Republican, can thank Yale University students Max Eden and Michael Knowles, who launched the Students for Daniels website.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Mitch Daniels
  1. Rudy NYC

Gee. When I get rich someday, I will be glad I have always voted the Grand Old Tea Party so I can keep my money.

I've voted GOP all my life. I know times are hard for me now; working two jobs, heath insurance won't cover the kid's autism. But, hey, that's okay. I believe things will get better because that it the American dream.

Gee, I'm laid up and dying; homeless, broke, and no family. But, I will go to my grave with peace of mind knowing I that I voted GOP my entire life.

April 14, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  2. Fair is Fair

He'd be my first choice.

April 14, 2011 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  3. Realistic

Mitch from what I know about him is not a conservative whacko who is so far to the right that he can't find the middle even with GPS help. He has made some very eloquent statements that brings his ideas more into focus such as " "Purity in martyrdom is for suicide bombers," he said. "I for one have no interest in standing in the wreckage of our Republic saying . . . 'you should have done it my way." In other words, he is open minded and has made many statements to that effect though I'm saying we should all support him. But do not dismiss him before listening to what he may offer. However, like all possible republican "wanna be presidents" he he will be forced to move right or the party will make an example of him and leave his rotting corpse on the side of the road as an example of what happens when one goes outside the taking points memo., too bad.

April 14, 2011 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  4. Rick McDaniel

Well, maybe the college kids aren't entirely without judgment, after all.

I like him also.

April 14, 2011 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  5. Annie, Atlanta

It is a stretch to call him 'big man on campus" when he can barely see over the podium.

April 14, 2011 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  6. ConservaFascists/FUBAR

Bushs' budget director. Enough said. You students actually think this is the man that is going to fix our budget crisis?!?! Ha! Stop fooling yourselves. He's of the same fabric as Gov. Walker in Wisconsin. He wants to balance budgets on the backs of the middle-class.

April 14, 2011 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  7. disgusted

Be a lot more convincing if these students were from his home state.

April 14, 2011 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |