President to hold Easter prayer breakfast
April 19th, 2011

President to hold Easter prayer breakfast

Washington (CNN) -President Barack Obama will host an Easter prayer breakfast Tuesday morning in the East Room of the White House.

He will be joined by about 130 clergy and faith leaders from a wide range of Christian backgrounds including Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox clergy, a White House official told reporters.

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Dominican mama 4 Obama

I'm surprised that CNN opted out of the ANOTHER Easter prayer held in the White House headline. They sure used it to describe the Seder the President was present at.
    Too trifiling for words you are CNN.

April 19, 2011 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  2. Obama Leads

Wonderful as always.
    Now I can gloat once again as my friends believe all the B. S. That floats around our President Obama. That he does NOT believe in prayer! Once again, my friends are the fools. Did I say friends! NOT anymore.

Obama 2012!

April 19, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  3. OneMoreTime

@Dominican mama – Amen

April 19, 2011 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  4. Rudy NYC

Hey. Rocky! Come here. You need to take this some place else.

I'd prefer to see this event be conducted on property not directly owned and operated by the US Government. This crosses my line that delineates the separation of church and state. If you want to participate in a prayer breakfast, go right ahead. Just do not choose to hold in a building owned by the US government. If you do hold your event on US government property, then please leave the prayer part of it out.

April 19, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  5. The Day of Financial Reckoning is HERE - The Great Democrat Welfare Society Ends

Will Rev. Wright be there as well? I hear he gives one mean sermon. GD the Easter Bunny!!

April 19, 2011 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  6. Peter E

Fun facts: did you know that the religion of the President wasn't an issue until the 1960s election? Before that, there were several presidents who never even went to church. (Eisenhower was never even baptised)
    Also, I love how conservatives look up to Reagan as their role model... A spoilt hollywood celebrity. What's more a DIVORCED and re-married hollywood celebrity! Even in the last presidential election, people overlooked McCain's divorce.
    But then again, the sanctity of marriage is only important if a democrat breaks it. Then it's a condemnable act. If a republican breaks it... it's just a personal matter.

April 19, 2011 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  7. gt

why just easter and christmas..... this country needs alot of prayer... pray to get our troops home and no more have to die or get wounded...

April 19, 2011 10:44 am at 10:44 am |