Obamas to attend space shuttle launch
April 20th, 2011

Obamas to attend space shuttle launch

Washington (CNN) – The Obama family plans to attend the launch of the space shuttle Endeavour later this month.

According to a senior administration official, President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama and their daughters Malia and Sasha will watch the launch in person on Friday, April 29th at Cape Canaveral, Florida.

FULL STORY
  1. diridi

I think he needs to work on gas prices...o.k...when gas goes up, inflation goes up....just work on gas prices...some one is playing with gas....get them and nab them and jail them...people are suffering with high gas prices....you got it, obama, just do the right job...

April 20, 2011 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  2. Marsha

I love The Obamas, but if I was Michelle would step off the plane each time as sharp as a tack, like Barack. Same with the
    girls. I wouldn't give the photographers or "fashion police" a chance to try and discredit my dressing appropriately in public
    as the first lady. Even on vacation.

April 20, 2011 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  3. Dominican mama 4 Obama

It will be w terrific and memorable experience for the girls!
    Miami Dade College congrats on having the POTUS speaking at your commencement.

April 20, 2011 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  4. Jerry

Please, I can tolerate the kids attire, but Michelle you are the First Lady of the United States. I have seen better outfits at the local thrift store.

April 20, 2011 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  5. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Marsha I agree with you as far as Michelle goes. The "babies" , on the other hand, are so young that they get a pass. As a matter of fact I love the fact that they dress like the little girls that they are as opposed to trying to look older than their years, or worst, brand name icons.
    Michelle and Barack have done an OUTSTANDING job keeping their daughters respectfully grounded, and full of childhood verve. They are a family worthy of EMULATION. The fact that grandmother is on hand also speaks to the importance they place on older family members and the extended family. Super!!!

April 20, 2011 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  6. S. In California - Obama 2012

I'm proud of my president and First Family. I am getting ready to start contributions to your REELECTION shortly. Keep up the good work.

April 20, 2011 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  7. Airdoc

This should be about Giffords being there to see her husband take off in the last shuttle flight. Not about Obama who shut down the shuttle flights. He doesn't need to be in the highlight all the time – or does he?

April 20, 2011 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  8. Albo58

After a long west coast campaign trip, the President needs a mini-vacation to watch the efforts of a program (NASA) that he has decimated in the state of Florida! Gabby should be moste careful as our drooling Senator Nelson may knock her over to get to the feet of his hero for a photo op!

April 20, 2011 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  9. SA Wallick

I wonder if they will get the same goose bumps and the huge lump in our throat that we had when we where standing at the barrier rail, so we could see the shuttle as it to, ok off and hear all these people around us speaking a foreign language, and then, HERE'S WHERE THE GOOSE BUMPS and throat lumps COME IN. They start to play the National Anthem over the loud speakers and there is a ground swell of noise and flames as it passes over the trees and hurls into the blue sky. iThe overwhelming pride in our country makes you cry. What a privilege to be part of this great country. I'm hoping Michele is proud of this country and it's accomplishments over the decades that day and passes it on to their daughters. I'm betting their will be no National Anthem where the Obumas are, to say nothing of having all of those foreigners watch with awe at the at the sight in front of them.

What is that horrible sweaterie thing Mrs O has on? These people have no class and do not bring class to our country. Where is her burka when she needs it?

April 20, 2011 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  10. the real ib

Obama is doing such a good job. Unemployment is just over 8% and gas prices haven't reached $5 per gallon yet and the S&P has just given us a warning about our credit rating which no doubt will lead to inflation going higher than it is right now. Yes Mr. President you should attend the launch after all isn't that more important than the problems I have just mentioned. By all means please go. I'm so proud of you; spoken by an independant who voted split ticket in 2008 but look out 2012 here I come.

April 20, 2011 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |