Huckabee blasts Glenn Beck
April 21st, 2011

Huckabee blasts Glenn Beck

(CNN)- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee has a bone to pick with Glenn Beck. The current Fox News host isn't pleased that Beck, a departing Fox News host, has called him a progressive, a term which Beck has also previously likened to cancer and the Nazi movement.

Beck also compared Huckabee to Arizona GOP Sen. John McCain on his radio show Tuesday, labeling both as progressives, because of Huckabee's vocal support for Michelle Obama's anti-obesity initiatives.

"I think Mike Huckabee is the one, if you are somebody who understands progressives are on both sides of the aisle, I think Mike Huckabee is John McCain," he said.

But Huckabee, who's name has been floated as a possible contender for the GOP presidential nomination, took to his PAC blog Thursday to blast Beck in response, saying, "This week Glenn Beck has taken to his radio show to attack me as a progressive, which he has said is the same as a 'cancer' and a 'Nazi.' What did I do that apparently caused him to link me to a fatal disease and a form of government that murdered millions of innocent Jews?"

Beck delivered the keynote address at the 2010 Conservative Political Action Conference, where he called progressivism the "cancer in America" that is "eating our constitution." And, though he's repeatedly used Nazism as a metaphor for the progressive movement, the conservative radio host balks at the accusation that he's compared progressives to Nazis in the past. In January he said, "I haven't compared progressives to Nazis, I have compared their tactics and what they do, and shown that it's the same kind of movement."

Either way, Huckabee is crying foul at his inclusion with Beck's blistering metaphors for progressivism.

"He seems to fancy himself a prophet of sorts for his linking so many people and events together to describe a massive global conspiracy for pretty much everything," he wrote.

"His ridiculous claim that John McCain and I collaborated and conspired in the 2008 campaign is especially laughable…Beck needs to stick to conspiracies that can't be so easily de-bunked by facts."

And Huckabee wasn't through. "Why Beck has decided to aim his overloaded guns on me is beyond me," he continued.

"He ought to clean his gun and point it more carefully lest it blow up in his face like it did this time."

Filed under: Glenn Beck
  1. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Anybody that gives any traction to Glenn Beck by criticizing him publicly is as guilty of contributing to the lunacy as is Glenn Beck for creating the lunacy in the first place. Beck's 15 minutes were up 5 minutes after he started – ignore HIM!!!!!!!

April 21, 2011 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  2. tstorm

Keep talking Trump... with every mouthful of misinformation and hate you spew, you not only ruin your chance for presidency, you are taking down all the other Republican candidates with you... and that's not a bad thing!

April 21, 2011 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  3. Kenny

If Glen Beck tried to blow his own brains out, he could put the shotgun to one ear, pull the trigger and all of the shot would come out of his other ear and miss his brain completely.

April 21, 2011 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  4. rusty155

That all Glenn Beck does Is run his Mouth. and Lie and spread hate. I think Glenn Beck Is a IDIOT.

April 21, 2011 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  5. Bill

A party at war with itself. This is rich. Keep it up folks – – the democrats will be forever grateful.

April 21, 2011 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  6. Nodack

Beck sees conspiracies everywhere. It reminds me of Macarthyism. During that time everybody claimed everybody was a Communist. To Beck everybody is a Hitler conspiring to destroy the world and his followers eat it up like candy.

Freaking sad.

April 21, 2011 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  7. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Huckabee must have said something nasty about Mormons because Glenn Beck is Mormon. Huckabee probably threw the first stone and now he's hiding his hand, he knows what he's said or done and it probably has a lot to do with Romney who is also a Mormon and a Republican candidate. There's more to this cradle of lies.

April 21, 2011 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  8. Henry

In this I will take neither side because they are such fools. I like it when a fool gets offended by another fool. Protest, my dear man, protest. You both deserve each other!

April 21, 2011 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  9. ConservaFascists -aka- Mammon

Fox and Friends is going to have to be renamed as Fox and Foes.

April 21, 2011 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  10. Lost in Texas Forever

maybe Beck will take some more "parting shots" before he leaves FoxNews altogether. Either way since I admit I LOATHE both of these guys I am rather enjoying this.

April 21, 2011 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  11. Bob in PA

As likeable as Mike Huckabee is, his record as Governor does show progressive tendencies, although they are much more tolerable tendencies than the current inhabitant of 1600.

April 21, 2011 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  12. Ken

I agree with Glen. I think Huckabee is another politician that is whatever the crowd he's in wants him to be. We have that in the white house now.

April 21, 2011 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  13. Willie12345

Huckabee has proven to be a religious bigot. As such, he should be ignored.

April 21, 2011 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  14. shane

Beck is a "White racist,that is extremely dangerous to American Society. He is the "Poster Child" of the stepped-up Right wing discrimination against Black Americans,middle-class and poor populations, He is a "Traitor" and borderline "Treason" Hate speading Propaganda? Go say Hi to your "Buddy" Mr. Pharmaceutical Limbaugh?

April 21, 2011 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  15. Robert

The cancer in the US is the regressive attitude of the GOP who want nothing to change. I guess GB is not worried about all the overweight/fat people in America. He is the Pillsbury Doughboy of the GOP. Too many sticky doughnuts and fatty food in his diet.

April 21, 2011 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  16. Hypathia Lee

The extremeism of Beck is now suppose to be taken for "mainstream" Republicanism?

The Republicanism of Huckabee is now suppose to be taken for "bi-partisan compromise" in the middle?

Sorry, I'm not buying it. The GOP's very concerted effort to push this country to the right over the past 30 years isn't that transparent.

We need a Democratic administration to win in 2008, 20012 and 2016 so that we can undo the ACTIVIST NEOCON judges that Reagan, Daddy Bush & Baby Bush placed on the Supreme Court

April 21, 2011 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  17. Rupert

Glenn Beck is to America what the the dodo is to avian species.

April 21, 2011 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  18. Alann

How could the American people trust this party of clowns, misfits, and freaks to govern?

How?

April 21, 2011 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  19. S. In California - Obama 2012

As far as I am concerned THEY ARE BOTH despicable people. Huckabee is a "false prophet" in disguise and as for the other one I wouldn't dirty up my hands to make ANY comment in reference to him.

April 21, 2011 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  20. C. Howe Yulikit

Let's compromise and agree that both Huckabee and Beck are absolutely terrible at their respective jobs and call it a wash.

April 21, 2011 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  21. gt

beck is a nut... the huckster needs to listen to michelle words on over eating.....

April 21, 2011 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  22. johnrj08

I love it when these ideological purists start devouring each other.

April 21, 2011 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  23. jkeller

It is such fun to watch the Republicans self destruct. I respect Mike Huckabee but it is nice to see the frightening Glenn Beck turn on one of his own. Please take your party back from this fringe element that has taken over your politics. My father was a very successful business man and an active Republican. I am sure he is rolling over in his grave watching what is going on. This country is so badly in need of intelligent solutions and you are not contributing. You may think Obama is too liberal and he may take too much time to act on some things but we had too many years of "Cowboy Politics" and I appreciate all that he is trying to do. Please come to the table to come up with viable solutions not the Paul Ryan plan that make too many cuts and no increase in revenue. I don't want my children and grandchildren working until they are 70. Find a way to cut the cost of healthcare, the profits that are made by the major health care insurers is unbelievable, that is where the problem is.

April 21, 2011 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  24. johnobx

This is better than watching scorpions and camel spiders duke it out.

April 21, 2011 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  25. The Day of Financial Reckoning is HERE - The Great Democrat Welfare Society Ends

Huck, you have some left leaning tendencies. It is hard to deny. I wouldn't call you Progressive though. That should only be reserved for the leftist Democrats. After all, Progressive mean progressing towards state control of our lives.

April 21, 2011 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |