Meghan McCain to Trump: I could help you
April 21st, 2011

Meghan McCain to Trump: I could help you

(CNN)-Call it a lovefest between a mogul and a McCain. In an interview for The Daily Beast on Thursday, possible GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump and the daughter of 2008 GOP presidential nominee John McCain expressed mutual affection for one another.

Meghan McCain, a columnist for The Daily Beast, asked the real estate mogul if she could be hired onto Trump's campaign, in case there is a campaign, to which Trump responded, "I love it!"

He proceeded to ask for advice about the critical states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina - states which will host the first nominating contests in the nation. McCain replied, "I could definitely help you."

And the McCain household has another Draft Trump supporter. McCain revealed that upon learning about the interview with Trump, Cindy McCain responded, "I think he can really do this."

Although he wasn't open enough to discuss what investigators have found in Hawaii while researching President Barack Obama's birth, Trump did continue his barrage of insults against former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney - who he says is "going to lose" - voice his displeasure at recent television interviews, and recommit to an announcement of some kind before June.

"You watch what I do before June," he said. "Maybe you can come over and see it because it will be a press conference… I'm not going to disappoint you."

"And more important, will you say hello to your mother and your father for me?" Trump asked. "I love them. They're great people."

Filed under: 2012 • Donald Trump • Meghan McCain
  1. Run Donald Run

You will win. The people love you. . . . We are sooooo ready to get conned by you, sooooo ready.

April 21, 2011 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  2. Ramesh Shrestha

Even a fool can tell Daughter McCain is eyeing at the Donald dough. It could not be creepier. All these folks are empty vessels which sound much. Get lost!

April 21, 2011 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  3. seriously???

She hates Palin but wants to help Trump??? I thought this girl had a brain, but apparently only half of one.

April 21, 2011 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  4. Dave McLaughlin

I smell a Rat(s).
    The wooden horse is headed for Tampa.

April 21, 2011 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  5. Rebecca Anglin

I am watching right now about the battle of Obama's birth certificate.
    I firmly feel that there is not a US Citizen birth certificate – my family and my friends all feel that if he had a birth certificate, he would gladly show it. He has not...it does not exist. A certificate of birth and a birth certificate are two different things in my estimation.

April 21, 2011 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  6. Rebecca Anglin

Oh yes, and one more thing – a person's birth certificate is to be presented prior to becoming President not years after the face. If he is not a US Citizen all laws, additions, etc will not be legally signed. That would make them – not lagel.

April 21, 2011 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  7. ThinkAgain

Well, that happened faster than I thought! Meghan has proved to be as much a sell-out as her dad. The Donald for Prez? Give me a break!

He's a loud-mouthed jerk who doesn't know diddly about the Constitution, brags about swindling people (what is his REAL relationship with Ghaddfi?), has flip-flopped on key issues like gay rights and abortion, is dumb enough to push the birther thing, and has shown absolutely NO UNDERSTANDING about military or foreign policy with his "just take the oil" crack about Libya.

What a fool! And what a fool Meghan has revealed herself to be!

April 21, 2011 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  8. Lisa Brennan

Payback from the McCains ganging up with Trump against President Obama..."Let's help Trump 'get' him in 2012 !!" What we all should be doing is still thrashing McCain for unhinging the rock from under which Palin squirmed out. ( but I know the beer heiress hated her). The McCain clan can now coupled up with Trump this time for another disaster and go down in history as truly 'maverick' ( as if Trump and the McCains are not embedded with the biggest of the biggest money mogul schmucks) and reckless ( imagine Palin with any power ), and birthers. The GOP is sickening in the way they are grappling for any port in their own storm. Let's not forget history, at least the last 11 years.

April 21, 2011 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  9. CSM

If you could help anyone, little girlie, then it would have been your paw. Be gone before America drop another lost on you!!

April 21, 2011 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  10. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Well, at least if he were to run, then he'd get better advise on a VP candate. I can't imagine much of a worse choice for VP as Palin. I don't know if Trump would listen to this young McCain too seriously which would be his mistake.

April 21, 2011 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  11. Doyle Wiley, MI

Blind leading the blind.

April 21, 2011 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  12. Jason

And any shred of respect I had for the McCain family has gone away.

April 21, 2011 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  13. Squigman

Earth to Megan: Go away.

April 21, 2011 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  14. dylan42_3

Megan...Now you disappointed me !!...

April 21, 2011 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  15. David

the blind leading the blind.

April 21, 2011 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  16. JustMe

Well after she stood up to Sarah Palin – I thought "Hey this girl is pretty smart" – yeah – not thinking that anymore.

April 21, 2011 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  17. Frustrated Independent Voter !

Poor little Meagan ! Please help Trump , just like you helped your father to LOSE ! Trump is on a sinking ship and he's losing more credibility by the day ! He is playing the GOP for sucker's and everyone outside of the GOP know's it ! Some of them are even starting to doubt his intention's ! Meagan go home and don't let this swindler drag you into the gutter that he lives in !

April 22, 2011 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  18. Robert Emmett Zimmer

I thought Meghan McCain was one of the few remaining respectable Republicans left. However, her willingness to assist an arrogant, ego-centric man in Donald Trump (who continues to doubt Obama's birthplace, despite overwhelming evidence that he was born in Hawaii, and calls President Obama "the worst president in history") in a potential presidential run, is an affront to reason and her respectability.

April 22, 2011 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  19. Natalie

& I was beggining 2 like her. What a pity!

April 22, 2011 12:19 am at 12:19 am |
  20. Michigan Don

This is enough to make a rock puke! One more woman for te sultans
    Harem?

April 22, 2011 12:19 am at 12:19 am |
  21. smtwnguy

Just think this is the GASBAG you Republicans and republican leaning independents are borrowing money from China to give a TAX BREAK to,of course we all know its those damn teachers,and public employees unions that is the cause,right?

April 22, 2011 12:36 am at 12:36 am |
  22. ddt

Did she mean it or she was joking?

April 22, 2011 12:58 am at 12:58 am |
  23. Kelby

"Meghan McCain to Trump: I could help you"

wOw! Since when did Meghan McCain become a hair stylist AND a brain surgeon?!?!

April 22, 2011 01:25 am at 1:25 am |
  24. Kenny

Well if Megan goes to work for Trump, we can all be assured there will be no bumper sticker that reads:

TRUMP / PALIN 2012