April 21st, 2011

Trump says he'll reveal 'interesting things' on Obama

(CNN) – Possibly-serious Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is giving few details about the investigation he claims to have launched in Hawaii to get to the bottom of where President Obama was born, but the business mogul told CNN Thursday Americans will be "very surprised" by what he has found.

"We're looking into it very, very strongly. At a certain point in time I'll be revealing some interesting things," Trump said on CNN's American Morning.

Trump first claimed earlier this month he had sent investigators to Obama's home state in an effort to find out if the president was indeed born there, as he says he was and several media organization's independent investigations have confirmed.

"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump told NBC then.

But Trump has since offered few details about the on-the-ground investigation and, in the interview with CNN Thursday, wouldn't specifically say if it had uncovered new details.

"You'll be very surprised," he said when asked by CNN's Ali Velshi if his investigators have found anything.

During the interview with CNN, Trump also maintained he is worth considerably more than the $2.7 billion Forbes Magazine has estimated, and says he will reveal the real number if he decides to run for president.

I can tell you that's a very low number," Trump said of the Forbes estimate. "It's much more than that. And if I decide to run, which I very well may surprise people, but if I decide to run, I will give a net worth statement essentially. As you know, we have to fill out very detailed forms for the federal government. And I think people will be extremely impressed."

Filed under: Donald Trump • President Obama
  1. ATL Guy

Hey Republicans guess what my investigator's found? No not my other hairpiece you idiots. They discovered that Obama is.......black!!!!

April 21, 2011 08:44 am at 8:44 am |
  2. CNNLover

He's just trying to get another season of his crappy show. Why are we still giving him attention? He knows nothing.

April 21, 2011 08:45 am at 8:45 am |
  3. Liz the First

This whole presidential bid is another in a long line of similar ploys to get publicity and put him in a better bargaining position with the network over his tv show. he's not really running, folks, he's playing us like cheap violins. and anyone who would actually vote for him needs to have their head examined. i used to respect him and think of him as a role model in the real estate world, but he's lost all credibility with me.

April 21, 2011 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  4. Michael

Trump is a textbook case of pen!s envy. Everything is a p!ssing contest for this man.
    "I will give a net worth statement essentially... And I think people will be extremely impressed."
    The most impressive thing about Trump is how poorly he has done given the incredible resources at his disposal.

April 21, 2011 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  5. ben

Donald Trump? He has stired-up more "Hatred and Racism" in this country sinse the 1800s! This mans financial records,IRS returns, lawsuits,and scams need to be "Investigated" by the Feds. There has got to be a "Prosecutor" out there,that is extremely concerned about him? Just like most of us? With Brains of course?

April 21, 2011 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  6. C_Munkie

Why are people paying attention to this man?

April 21, 2011 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  7. Julie

Yesterday, the New York Times did a story on Obama's mother. Lo and behold, right on the front page, was a picture of a 5 year old Obama and his mother, and it would be a shock for all to know that Obama was........a pirate!

April 21, 2011 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  8. LovesIrony

The amount of money you make with your shady, bankruptcy laden businesses will NOT make me "very impressed"

April 21, 2011 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  9. Juan

I hope that Donald Trump runs. It would be hilarious just to watch President Obama wipe the floor with him.

April 21, 2011 08:59 am at 8:59 am |
  10. OrangeSkin

This blowhard is so full of it " I think people will be extremely impressed", you know what will impress the American People Donald? The amount you spend on your fake orange tan and hair products. Go away you moron!!!

April 21, 2011 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  11. Rudy NYC

I guess Mr. Trump must have his own Pied Piper. His mirror.

April 21, 2011 09:01 am at 9:01 am |
  12. GI Joe

He'll create more lies and propaganda to sell to the uneducated HICKS in West Virginia, SW Virginia, South Carolina, and Mississippi. Nothing more.

April 21, 2011 09:02 am at 9:02 am |
  13. cecilia

there is no way to contact this idiot that I have been able to find, so in the event he checks these posts, I would like to go on record that this is the most disgusting man I have ever seen or heard. He would be a joke if he were not so vile. the word slug comes to my mind.

April 21, 2011 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  14. AB

The only things that Trump and his investigators will reveal will be the following:
    * Obama is black.
    * Obama has a brain and is using it optimally in his savy political policies and re-election persuits.
    * Obama was indeed born in Hawaii which is an American state–ERGO, Obama is a U.S. citizen!!
    * Trump is in no position to match wits with Obama.

April 21, 2011 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  15. Marry

Trump is really disgusting! Where does he take the “audacity” from to be so nasty toward the President? There must be a lot of envy in Trump to be so very stupid and looking at a President that is eloquent, elegant, smart, and intelligent, with morals, family values and accomplished. In other words, all what Trump is not and never will be!

April 21, 2011 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  16. TiredofTrump

Odds that he takes a page out of LeBron's book and reveals all on a one hour special on NBC? Which will then be promptly followed by his show being renewed and him deciding that he's satisfied with the other candidates out there and won't be running.

On top of the obvious publicity stunt aspect, why do we care about his net worth so much? I hope that most people aren't going to vote for the President who they think is worth the most money. "People will be very impressed"?? That one line proves that he cares more about showboating himself than he does about anything else. People all over the country are struggling financially and this windbag hopes to drum up support by impressing us with how much money he's managed to squirrel away?

April 21, 2011 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  17. Kenny

I'm impressed that my best friend is a millioniar and he acts no differently now than he did when he was not a millionair. For that reason, I admire him. "TRUMP the CHUMP says, " I will give a net worth statement .... and I think people will be extremely impressed." I'm neither impressed by or respectful of this fool. If he wants to be respectedd by regular people he needs to be more like the Buffets and the Gates in the world. His money doesn't mean squat. I always thought his show was a bunch of crap so if it is not renewed by the network, it will not bother me and since my one vote is mine to cast, no amount of money he has can purchase that vote. I never thought I would hear myself say this but if I didn't dislike Sarah Palin so much, I could really dislike him a lot more.

April 21, 2011 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  18. diridi

this idiot will show interesting things...1. how trickle down economy collapsed and ultimately this economic chaos...2. how Iraq war drained our economy. 3. How Iran contra affairs were held stopped when involved with Reagan in it. 4. How DVD on obama linking to terrorists by Fox News. 5. How current congress wants to cut Medicare. 6. How jobs were shipped overseas and how Haliburtton made trillions of money in Iraq. 7. Obama is born in India. 8. I think we need to stop this idiot and his chelas GOP thugs bashing instead of working for common man, and common good...so on so forth...how idiotic Trump is...so is GOP thugs...Obama 2012....

April 21, 2011 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  19. Ernie

Donald Trum[ is a man who never shows his cards, he keeps them very close to his chest. If he has information that Obama was not born in the United States then it must be true. Donald Trump doesn't say thing just to say things. What I don't understand how the "Liberal Press" couldn't find anything saying that Obama was not born in the United States. The Liberal Press can find "dirt" and information on anybody. But the "Liberal Press" couldn't find anything on Obama, come on.
    When the time is right Donald Turmp will reveal his information on Obama but for now we all have to wait. I believe he has the information everybody wants to see.

April 21, 2011 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  20. Joan

It is increasingly clear that this is just a publicity stunt and he really is afraid to run against Pres. Obama. He might do well in a Republican primary with his Tea Bag friends but he would never do well in a general election. The longer he bluffs about his "birther news" the more people doubt it and he is quickly losing all credibility. If a real politician had the goods on an opponent he would reveal it and not string people along. It is kind of too bad because a few years ago he was a respected businessman. Lately he has been confrontational, wandering in his thoughts, exaggerating facts and appearing very agitated during his interviews. These are not very presidential qualities.

April 21, 2011 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  21. Rudy NYC

Wrong Donald, We're not surprised by what you found. Only you are.
    You found that he's an American citizen. Surprise!

April 21, 2011 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  22. Seattle Sue

I will be surprised if the investigative reveals anymore than Trump is as crazy as Palin and Bachmann.

April 21, 2011 09:08 am at 9:08 am |
  23. Ted Nugent

Oh, you silly little Liberals...will you ever learn? Obama has done nothing to improve this country and he never will. He is merely the second coming of Jimmy Carter....Trump will crush him when it is all said and done.

April 21, 2011 09:09 am at 9:09 am |
  24. Al-NY,NY

Mr Combover has nothing of substance to say. He just likes to hear himself talk. Even other GOP'ers are running from his "birther" tripe, not that it will help them. They spent months either touting this ridiculous theory or giving tacit approval by NOT refudiating it. Watching these GOP'ers is just so much fun as they try to out-do each other to pander to the sheep for their OK while alienating everyone else. Bring it on GOP.

April 21, 2011 09:10 am at 9:10 am |
  25. mommytwice

If you have something to say. Mr. Trump, say it. Otherwise, quit playing mind games and beating around the bush. Put up or shut up, Donald. Tired of your inane little word games.

April 21, 2011 09:12 am at 9:12 am |