Palins to face Levi Johnston tell-all
April 25th, 2011

Palins to face Levi Johnston tell-all

Washington (CNN) – Bristol Palin's baby-daddy, Levi Johnston, wrote a book to be published this fall that will set the "record straight" about his relationship with the Palins.

"I want to tell the truth about my close relationship with the Palins, my sense of Sarah, and my perplexing fall from grace – how I feel and what I've learned," Johnston said in a statement. "I'm doing this for me, for my boy Tripp and for the country."

Johnston, the former long-time boyfriend of former Republican Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol, has publically feuded with the Palins. Bristol recently moved to Arizona with their son.

Touchstone, an imprint of Simon and Schuster will publish "Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs" in the fall, according to a press release from the publishers. They are billing it as a coming of age story.

"This is a sweet and funny book with a touch of irony; a fascinating tale of a misunderstood boy figuring out how to be a man and a father after being thrust into the spotlight and subsequent media circus at a very young and vulnerable age," Vice President and Publisher of Touchstone Stacy Creamer said in a statement. "Levi has seen the Palin family up close and personal and is ready to tell his story."

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Levi Johnston
  1. S. In California - Obama 2012

All of these people (Palin's Johnston's) are disgusting white trash. I am sick of all of them getting rich while there are hard working, smart, respectable families just trying to get by. Please Levi go knock up another girl from your hood and leave the rest of us alone. Alaska is one state I never want to visit thanks to this band of trash.

April 25, 2011 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  2. Al-NY,NY

oh brother...can't wait to see what this is like but if it makes Failin Palin look bad.....I'm down

April 25, 2011 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  3. Jake

Tell it! this boy must have ALOT to say, and I'm sure much of it will debunk her fake persona that appeals to the religious right!

April 25, 2011 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  4. Bringiton1

LOL, And now ..........here are the yahoos!!!!

April 25, 2011 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  5. The D

Seriously CNN? this is news? WOW.

He's a lying punk and Palin is considered to be a serious presidential candidate for 2012. There's nothing to "tell all" about that.

Palin/West 2012

April 25, 2011 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  6. Firelight

Ummmmm, Levi, an Alaskan Judge to you (just like judges tell lots of divorced parents) to shut up about your baby's mama and her family. You AND Bristol were ordered to not say anything negative about the other parent and that parent's extended family. How are you going to explain this to the Judge and why on God's green earth would you think this is "for Tripp"? Wouldn't actually being there and paying child support be the best thing for Tripp? You have no credibility Mr. Johnston, you have lied, you abandoned your child, you don't pay child support and you have no job. Sorry but you had your chance and you have already proven you are worthless. Actions speak louder than words.

April 25, 2011 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  7. Nancy

Doing it for the country? You gotta be kidding! You're doing it for bucks, greenbacks, simoleans plain and simple.

April 25, 2011 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  8. bigdoglv

Levi? Are you kidding me? Stooping a little low for a "world leader in news coverage."

April 25, 2011 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  9. John

Can't wait to hear the details of the moment he "thrust" himself into the Palin family! :-)

April 25, 2011 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  10. Mike

He's doing it for the country. Isn't that nice. I guess that means he'll donate all the profits to charity.

April 25, 2011 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  11. Anonymous

He is just trying to make a buck

April 25, 2011 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  12. Bookenz

The Palins have made lots of money out of their notoriety, why shouldn't Levi?

April 25, 2011 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  13. Mark

"They are billing it as a coming of age story." A Catcher in the Rye for tea party generation. Like this man/kid really has anything to say, other than he got lucky and did it with the right girl.

April 25, 2011 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  14. Me

I don't begrudge Johnston this tell-all. He does have a child to support. And when asked by Lawrence O'Donell what he reads, he had an actual answer.

April 25, 2011 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  15. Cynthia

Will not be reading! I am sure he is looking to get some fast dough and liberals are willing to help him make mountains out of molehills!

April 25, 2011 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  16. Rick

Is this really news-worthy or important. My God, This country has become one big soap opera about that nitwit and her family.
    CNN has got to find relevant stuff to report. We have a flat economy, fuel prices going through the roof, and reactionary groups gaining political power (the Tea Party), lies promoted as truths, i.e., Fox News and affiliates, and runaway racism (the Birthers). I love this country, but I am starting to worry about its future.

April 25, 2011 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  17. Mark

"Levi has seen the Palin family up close and personal and is ready to tell his story." He's also ready to make a few more bucks.

April 25, 2011 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  18. shidley

Great. Just when I thought Boy Wonder had vanished from the face of the earth, he has re-emerged. For the sake of "the country" of course.

April 25, 2011 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  19. John

What could he possibly say that we dont know? That she is an evil bile woman? That she is also one of the biggest idiots running around in the world today? That all she knows how to do is play hateful games and never offer in REAL solutions to problems?

April 25, 2011 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  20. the real ib

sure he is; bet he is seeing $ signs all over the place from the book.

April 25, 2011 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  21. Really

The country thanks you!

April 25, 2011 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  22. Thank God I am a Democrat

"I'm doing this for me, for my boy Tripp and for the country."

What a crock of BS!

April 25, 2011 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  23. thomas

Why cant this family just say they want mo money ? It's all about the GreenBacks , what else can they do ?

April 25, 2011 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  24. Pete

We already know the story. You folks have wasted enough of our time.

April 25, 2011 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  25. Tired of the Nonsense

Levi, if you really wanted to do something for your country, you'd have told your what-would-have-been-your-future-mother-in-law to stay out of politics because she's an utter idiot.

April 25, 2011 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |