Palins to face Levi Johnston tell-all
April 25th, 2011

Palins to face Levi Johnston tell-all

Washington (CNN) – Bristol Palin's baby-daddy, Levi Johnston, wrote a book to be published this fall that will set the "record straight" about his relationship with the Palins.

"I want to tell the truth about my close relationship with the Palins, my sense of Sarah, and my perplexing fall from grace – how I feel and what I've learned," Johnston said in a statement. "I'm doing this for me, for my boy Tripp and for the country."

Johnston, the former long-time boyfriend of former Republican Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol, has publically feuded with the Palins. Bristol recently moved to Arizona with their son.

Touchstone, an imprint of Simon and Schuster will publish "Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs" in the fall, according to a press release from the publishers. They are billing it as a coming of age story.

"This is a sweet and funny book with a touch of irony; a fascinating tale of a misunderstood boy figuring out how to be a man and a father after being thrust into the spotlight and subsequent media circus at a very young and vulnerable age," Vice President and Publisher of Touchstone Stacy Creamer said in a statement. "Levi has seen the Palin family up close and personal and is ready to tell his story."

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Levi Johnston
  1. once upon a horse

I think that all the left wingers and progressives should go out and pre-order the book and make it a bestseller just like the righties did for "Going Rogue"....two books coming out bashing Sarah about the same time? She's going to be writing this on Facebook for quite a while.

April 25, 2011 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  2. Palin Power

Levi will feel the wrath of Sarah Palin if he dares bash her in any way. Nobody gets away with committing blasphemy to God's Chosen One! Levi is powerless to stop the inevitable rise of Sarah Palin to the White House.

April 25, 2011 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  3. mmboucher

If Levi tell the whole truth, the book will do very well, if he hold back about Bristols pregnancys, it will not sell.

April 25, 2011 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  4. Ben

He is not trying to set anything straight. This stunt is pulled right out of the Palin handbook. he figures if a bunch of idoits are willing to spend money on Sarah palin's book then why not his.

April 25, 2011 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  5. Bill

Maybe they should just release it as a series of newspaper articles – that would guarantee that Sarah never sees it.

April 25, 2011 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  6. Bruce

Revenge pure and simple. Can't believe anything he's going to say. Just another smear campaign and all the liberals will be have a feeding frenzy as if everything he says is true. And here they come in 4....3.....2....1.....

April 25, 2011 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  7. Frank J. Lucero

When are this people going away, they are all a degrace to this country, I don't think this guy knows how to spell his name, let alone write a book.

April 25, 2011 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  8. stan

I wish they'd all just go away!

April 25, 2011 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  9. Debby

Is he serious the one who posed nude. He certainly wasn't strong armed to do this by the Palins. This kid is only interested in one thing how much moola he can make off the book.

April 25, 2011 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  10. Shirley Collins

Oh, how patriotic of Levi, he have suffered so much! LOL. This guy doesn't even know how to read. He should go back to school and get his high school diploma, get a job and get real money to pay child support instead of being a tool. Well, I can see him doing the TV round promoting the book and the Palin haters loving it, the ladies of the View, the nuts satyr comedians, and of course Rachel Maddow, haha. Have fun!

April 25, 2011 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  11. tlmess

Do we need to know any more? I mean REALLY?

April 25, 2011 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  12. Hiram3

This guy is an opportunist – nothing more ! Bristol was smart to get rid of him. He just wants to hurt the wholw Palin family, especially Governor Palin !

April 25, 2011 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  13. 21k

bet he also told bristol that he wanted to "get something straight" with her.

April 25, 2011 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  14. Patty - Illinois

Can't wait to read Levi's book!. This book, along with another tell-all book authored by one of Palin's staff, should make for fun reading. Can't wait to hear about the real side of "Sarah the Chameleon."

April 25, 2011 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  15. Kimberly

I am buying this book- if for no other reason but to give this kid some money! The Palins ruined this kids life and deserve all that they have coming!

April 25, 2011 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  16. Sigh.

Really, CNN? You use the term, "baby-daddy"? Remember when you were a legitimate news source?

April 25, 2011 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  17. Connie

Good for you Levi! You deserve to make some money off of this mess after all you and your family have had to endure because of them.

April 25, 2011 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  18. Angela

Don't waste your money. Just another one trying to get rich off of us. The Palins have got him so scared he won't let nothing out worth hearing.

April 25, 2011 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  19. CNN's Descent Continues

What kind of a news article refers to someone as a "baby-daddy"? Am I reading TMZ or CNN?

April 25, 2011 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  20. TheMamaYada

Why on earth would I pay money for a book from a person who knocks up a Palin kid, doesn't pay child support for said kid, and doesn't have a job (unless you count the naked playgirl stint). Does he even know how to write?

April 25, 2011 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  21. Martin

The FOX news faithful will have a heydey with their comments on this !

April 25, 2011 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  22. RJ

I wonder who wrote the book for him?

April 25, 2011 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  23. nintex

I wondered where Levi has been recently. I thought maybe they had paid him a million dollars to keep quiet. I would like to hear his side of the story; I just hope the Palins don't retaliate by keeping him from his son.

April 25, 2011 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  24. Kevin

Geez, I can hardly wait! NOT!

April 25, 2011 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  25. SP's skeletons

Oh man i love it when skeletons come out of the closet. even better when it waring lipstick! LMAO

April 25, 2011 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |