Palins to face Levi Johnston tell-all
April 25th, 2011

Palins to face Levi Johnston tell-all

Washington (CNN) – Bristol Palin's baby-daddy, Levi Johnston, wrote a book to be published this fall that will set the "record straight" about his relationship with the Palins.

"I want to tell the truth about my close relationship with the Palins, my sense of Sarah, and my perplexing fall from grace – how I feel and what I've learned," Johnston said in a statement. "I'm doing this for me, for my boy Tripp and for the country."

Johnston, the former long-time boyfriend of former Republican Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol, has publically feuded with the Palins. Bristol recently moved to Arizona with their son.

Touchstone, an imprint of Simon and Schuster will publish "Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs" in the fall, according to a press release from the publishers. They are billing it as a coming of age story.

"This is a sweet and funny book with a touch of irony; a fascinating tale of a misunderstood boy figuring out how to be a man and a father after being thrust into the spotlight and subsequent media circus at a very young and vulnerable age," Vice President and Publisher of Touchstone Stacy Creamer said in a statement. "Levi has seen the Palin family up close and personal and is ready to tell his story."

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Levi Johnston
  1. nolabear

So far the marketing schtick is outstanding. I don't know that I'd ever read it, but given what they're working with, the title and the pitch are pretty darn good.

April 25, 2011 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  2. Tugboat Annie

The Palins should make Bristle's next baby-daddy sign a non-disclosure agreement.

April 25, 2011 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  3. TPF

I believe him as much as I believe Sarah Palin herself. Both are doing what they are doing for themselves only.
    Sarah is a divider and Levi is a kid that needs to go get an education.

April 25, 2011 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  4. Anonymous

If Sarah can right books and Bristol can cash in on mom's celebrity, why not Levi?
    It will be a media circis with Sarha throwing her usual barbs at the "media" for printing it and commenting on it. And what's said is America will by into it all.

April 25, 2011 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  5. valwayne

What he means is he's doing it for money!

April 25, 2011 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  6. T'sah from Virginia

["This is a sweet and funny book with a touch of irony; a fascinating tale of a misunderstood boy figuring out how to be a man and a father after being thrust into the spotlight...]

That statement alone tells me that Levi will tell the truth!!! The PALINS will try and call him a LIAR!!

April 25, 2011 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  7. Foo foo

It seems like $arah is not the only one milking the VP candidacy for all it is worth. But at least on this one we are in for a good laugh at the good old quitter...

April 25, 2011 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  8. Madtown

Tell it like it is Levi!!

April 25, 2011 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  9. Cum Suma

Can't wait. (yawn)

April 25, 2011 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  10. mary p

Who cares about Levi Johnston's seen the Palin family "up close and personal"....who's he kidding that he's doing this (writing a tell-all book) for his son and for the country.....he's doing it for the $$$$ and nothing more.....why doesn't he just go back to Alaska and get a job ....and man up!!!

April 25, 2011 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  11. Roscoe

In the beginning, there were two trailers......

April 25, 2011 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  12. vikingslost

Oh great! I'm sure Sarah Palin is trying to buy up as many copies as she can so there will be less for distribution to the general public. You can already see the negative words coming from Sarah or from Bristol on this book even before the fall publication.

I think I want to buy one of these Levi books to see the other perspective in this.

It should be an interesting read considering those who helped Levi write this.

April 25, 2011 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  13. chad

We need this man's brilliant insights into a half-term, half wit governor who hasn't done anything productive her whole life or at all in the last 3 years. But I'm glad he's doing it "for the country".

April 25, 2011 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  14. JPX

There's no one to root for; it's just one hillbilly writing a book about another hillbilly.

April 25, 2011 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  15. Wasilla Willie

It's like a tell all between the Hatfields and the McCoys......However I can't get enough of $arah's dirty laundry-gotta be a huge pile..

April 25, 2011 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  16. roro

OOOOH – can't wait – NOT

April 25, 2011 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  17. ATL Guy

I can't wait to see Sister Sarah run to Fox News to complain about people beating up on her.

April 25, 2011 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  18. The reality is...

Surprise, surprise, trying to make $$ off the Palin family.

April 25, 2011 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  19. TomNPitt

CNN – All Palen; all the time!! Even the days there's no story, the published story is Palen's News Director asking why CNN didn't publisj a story about her un-heard speech. This continues to be a movie that plays and plays with no awards for content.

April 25, 2011 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  20. EddyL

Jesus, who cares? This is yesterday's garbage.

April 25, 2011 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  21. ElleDeau

Dear Levi-

While I support your truth telling endeavors, especially in exposing fraud, I find it perplexing that you find your "fall from grace" perplexing...who, or what, did you think you were?

-Elle

April 25, 2011 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  22. dtboco3

"I'm doing this for me, for my boy Tripp, AND FOR THE COUNTRY"....For the country??? I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

April 25, 2011 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  23. jojo

Did he write it in crayon??

April 25, 2011 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  24. jim

i really don't care. palin has already proven how ill equipped she is to handle any higher office. a book by a young lad won't affect my opinion on the matter.

April 25, 2011 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  25. Squigman

Between Palin, the Tea Party, Donald Trump, and all other nut cases in the country, politics has become more of a joke, than anything else. I never thought I'd admit this, but I long for the days when Pat Paulson, would announce his intention to run for president. And, I believe he was more qualified than todays common variety of idiot(s). It's gotten to the point where I actually hate election time. I'm sick of the B.S..

April 25, 2011 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |